Shite.  Should have been a pushover

Toon-pros?

They all look like amateurs to me.

Toon-cons?

We were shite.

Post-match feelings?

Shite.

Guest zeta87

Fxxking boring lousy match.. wasted my time watching it.

dont see any difference between us and championship team anymore.

roeder out and some of those shite lots who call themselves 'football players'.

Guest magpies_rawk

Decent enough 1st half and opening of the second half i guess. But like all good things, they often come to an end. we love fuking ourselves over towards the finish line.

Martins missed a gilt edged opportunity but we've gotta be fair to the lad, he's been playing so many games and getting shite services from two wingers who can't cross the ball cleanly if their lives depended on it.

Given saved our arses or at least saved it from further whipping once again. Our MoM i'd say (which really isn't saying much)

The shittiest thing about this team is that we are made up of pussies who can't put up a fight if u pointed a gun at their wives and kids' head. A bunch of wusses really who hardly deserve anything from the last 3 games we played. Blame the manager as you will, the players have to take some responsibility as well. That being said, i'm for sacking roedent anyway. His record gives me no confidence that this is merely a rough patch.

In fact, when we get some good results, its a good patch which is the exception rather than the norm.

Like i've said before, I hope we don't get rid of Roeder now. Helps nobody, particularly our credibility.

Wait until the end of the season, say thanks, and get a proper manager in.

Yet another managerial change mid-season is unlikely to help. Anybody trust the board to get it right anyway? We knew what was coming today, same as we'll know what's coming at Sheffield United, Watford and Reading. Probably give Arsenal a good game though.

We nearly always lose to the teams that scrap to survive - City, Blades (especially as it's away) and maybe even Watford now look dicey. Arsenal and Chelsea are far too good for us so that leaves just Blackburn and Reading to get some points against. It seems like we have thrown in the towel already.

I'm not used to this feeling - I honestly couldn't give a toss.

Yep same...now that uefa cups over..we can't make even the intertoto spot...stupid games coming up...only highlight of the season left is my first trip to SJP to see arsenal game..but if we play anything like we did today its gonna be uncool...

Dunno if i'll even bother following the games coming up....all the games away against those teams we used to beat no fucking problem are all gonna be like today...but oh well .....i'll just get myself ready for next season..

Guest magpies_rawk

Like i've said before, I hope we don't get rid of Roeder now.

i'd agree with you if i had confidence in FS getting someone decent in by then. However, since roeder is obviously getting us nowhere, i'd say it makes little difference in the long run anyway. Might as well sack him, and either

a) hope for a lucky appointment

b) enjoy the post sacking honeymoon anyway

Guest justin99.

Like i've said before, I hope we don't get rid of Roeder now. Helps nobody, particularly our credibility.

Agree.

Should be not so much a sacking, as a "parting of ways"

surely if there was someone lined up it would be better to get them in, give them a few competitive games in charge with which to assess the players before butchering the squad, which is what needs to happen

problem is that would assume that the board have bothered identifying potential replacements - i wouldn't be for another knee-jerk sacking and signing again obviously

Yeah i'm just pleased that we're travelling from Denmark to Newcastle for the City game, spending £500-£600... the season is over...

Traveling from the USA spending about the same mate.

Last week I felt like I'd been shot in the gut.

Now I feel like somebody capped me in the head just to make sure I'm down.

Never have I seen a preformance more utterly lacking in passion and drive. Clearly nobody (or at least certain somebodies...) thought they had anything to play for.

It was unlucky to concede after dominating play for so long, but completely losing our mental grasp of the game after that was entirely the fault of the players.

(And of coursee, Glen, who at this point is culpable for the war in Iraq, the Khmer Rouge massacre, and the Bubonic Plague as far as I'm concerned)

Yet another managerial change mid-season is unlikely to help. Anybody trust the board to get it right anyway? We knew what was coming today, same as we'll know what's coming at Sheffield United, Watford and Reading. Probably give Arsenal a good game though.

We nearly always lose to the teams that scrap to survive - City, Blades (especially as it's away) and maybe even Watford now look dicey. Arsenal and Chelsea are far too good for us so that leaves just Blackburn and Reading to get some points against. It seems like we have thrown in the towel already.

We are sounding more and more like an average mid-tabled side, it's upsetting.

For the last 3 years, Ive been trying to fool myself into thinking that we are passing through a transitional phase and that our getting back amongst the top 5 is a matter of when rather than if.

No use anymore, we are undoubtedly mid table scum.

It's just as well there are worse teams than us in this league. Given the additional money available to clubs next year through television revenue if we keep Roeder I'd put my house on us going down. There is one word that describes every part of this club at the moment - inadequate.

Just the kinda performance and result i'd expect from NUFC. Just like the game in Europe, we again prove we are useless.

Away matches at Sheff U (now once again fighting for survival) Pompey, Watford and Reading to come, and i fully expect us to put in similar performances and get a maximum of 3pts.

Guest magpies_rawk

surely if there was someone lined up it would be better to get them in, give them a few competitive games in charge with which to assess the players before butchering the squad, which is what needs to happen

problem is that would assume that the board have bothered identifying potential replacements - i wouldn't be for another knee-jerk sacking and signing again obviously

wouldn't count on that. from the shite thats coming out from shepherd's mouth, it seems like roedent's gonna get some transfer kitty. freddy fucking shepherd always times his financial backing to perfection. brilliant season to look ahead to lads!