Roeder's Gone Mad

Guest AussieNUFC

As bollocks as this story appears to be, it terrifies me that this might be what Roeder actually thinks though... don't trust his decision making one bit.

Guest Gemmill

If a bid in excess of 20 million comes in, I doubt it would be rejected.

And nor should it!  I'd take anything over £12m tbh.

I thought the article was going to be about the strain that Roeder was under, which I do worry has affected his thinking since the Alkmaar game.

I was quite relieved when I read it, because it's evidence of clear thinking. Lots of us have our doubts about Martins and Owen as a combination - neither of them show much ability to hold the ball up. If a good offer comes in that will allow us to bring in a different type of striker, then we should take it.

If the clubs sells Oba then I will NOT renew my season ticket!!

Even though I stated the other day nothing would stop me renewing it, if they sell a 22 yearold player who so far has scored 16 goals in his first season in English football then this club is not worth supporting!

Guest Gemmill

If the clubs sells Oba then I will NOT renew my season ticket!!

Even though I stated the other day nothing would stop me renewing it, if they sell a 22 yearold player who so far has scored 16 goals in his first season in English football then this club is not worth supporting!

:lol:  Love lifts Skirge up where he belooooongs!

Skirge man, he's not that fucking good.  If we get more than we spent on him then I'd be taking it.  Like I say, anything north of £12m is too good to turn down for a lad who looks like he's playing with an Impossiball half the time.

He's been one of the only bright sparks this season. The last few games have been terrible and apart from high balls being lumped up at him he's not had any decent service and the whole "team" apathy that's stuck at the moment seems to be affecting him...

Ridiculous if they sell him(25 million would be OK)!

He's scored just 2 more than Kluivert did...and in a lot more games. Kluivert's all-round game also wiped the floor with Martins' and yet one's being cast as a new hero and the other was mocked for being fat and not good enough anymore. Give me the Kluivert of the 2004-5 season even though he wasn't that great ahead of this season's Martins any day.

So you do not think he is worth keeping to see how he does in his 2nd season?

I shudder at the thought of us blowing a fortune on fkn Ashton, so he can miss most of the season with injury.

The goals scored may be different but you also have to consider the balls chased down, the defenders hassled, the cannels run, going wide to help out and you will note a slight difference in "team play" between the two players mentioned!!

At the end of the day if Owen regains his pre-injury form he will be the number 1 striker and if Oba can't play with him it means he is basically useless to us as we are not going to change system to accomadate him.