Viduka

Cajun

Re: Parky's thread in GC - if we sign Viduka, my best friend would definitely pick his girlfriend. In fact, he'd probably murder me in my sleep. His favourite ever player by about a million miles.

Stand by my comments. For all his ability he's a fat-arsed game-picking mercenary who is only performing to his potential cos he can smell a payday.

You honestly wouldn't have had him this season? Given your goalscoring problems?  :o

Stand by my comments. For all his ability he's a fat-arsed game-picking mercenary who is only performing to his potential cos he can smell a payday.

You honestly wouldn't have had him this season? Given your goalscoring problems?  :o

Depends. Might have had him on a short term contract so he'd be playing for a move, but not the standard issue FAB.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who think he'll be playing as well as he is now, in 6 months time, has either a very short memory, is very naive, or has spent the past 10 years living on Mars. In a cave. Under a rock. With their fingers in their ears. He'll be back to not giving a shite as soon as he's back in his comfort zone.

When has he not given a shite for Boro? In the three seasons that he has been there, he has scored into double figures.

Scoring 10 goals in 38 games might be alright on the face of things. But with Viduka its more likely to have been 10 in 20 brilliant games and 0 in the 18 where he doesn't break sweat.

Don't like him btw.  :laugh:

Guest Guinness

Would definately take Viduka on a free, on his day he's a very good player. The only doubt I'd have over him would be his injury record.

Guest justin99.

Viduka will not be coming here. He desires a move out of England to be closer to his family.

Genoa in Italy is his preferred choice.

Guest posadageordie

When has he not given a s**** for Boro? In the three seasons that he has been there, he has scored into double figures.

Scoring 10 goals in 38 games might be alright on the face of things. But with Viduka its more likely to have been 10 in 20 brilliant games and 0 in the 18 where he doesn't break sweat.

Don't like him btw.  :laugh:

He's scored virtually a goal a game in 400 and odd games in 12 years.

Guest posadageordie

Viduka will not be coming here. He desires a move out of England to be closer to his family.

Genoa in Italy is his preferred choice.

Funny, he's directly quoted in the Times this morning as wanting to stay in England.

• 1 year later...

Good footballer, but never fit. It's a real pity, because not only do we miss his skills and ability to put the ball in the net, he looked really slim (in context) on those pre-season pictures.

Cue gay jokes!

I've said many a time that I would love Big Marko to play for the Toon - but I've always added that I'm biased so to take my opinion with a pinch of salt!

That horrible cliche "good technique for a big man" was never more true than with Viduka, truly a classy striker and one can only wonder what might have happened if a top notch manager had shaped his career and instilled some discipline and consistency into him.

More talent than Le Sib and Shola combined, his style of play means we could probably squeeze another two or three seasons out of him, providing a great foil for Owen or Martins, or an extra dimension as a sub.

Unfortunately, I have little doubt Roeder would turn his nose up at him - using a combination of age, wages and injury record as plausible but ultimately insufficient reasons.

You seem to have miss-spelt "lazy, crap attitude for a big man".

We need him to penetrate the spurs defence once again, but he wont.

Like about every other game this season, and forward.

How is that not a problem in the long term? need to be getting rid of.

Quality players in bold that are missing.

Newcastle United 9

H Beye               Achilles Tendinopathy 2 weeks

A Smith       Achilles Tendinopathy 15 months

J Gutierrez      Shoulder Injury 2 weeks

J Enrique       Hamstring Injury 1 week

O Martins      Groin Strain 1 week

K LuaLua      Sprained Ankle 2 weeks

A Carroll        Ankle/Foot Injury 1 week

W Ngo Baheng ACL Knee Injury 3 months

M Viduka       Achilles Tendinopathy 5 weeks

Is Baheng a quality  player?