Favourite Foreign Clubs

Unlucky Luque

Guest Billy Whitehurst

St.Etienne and Athletic Bilbao for me.

Always look out for Hellas Verona in Italy too.

SPAIN: Athletic Bilbao

I'm surprised your favourite club was a side set up by a bunch of Mackem labourers who got their strips from Sunderland themselves. :lol:

The people are nowt like mackems though.  They're the geordies of Spain.  Basques, and especially Basques from Bilbao are unlike any other Spanish people, I'm pleased ETA have piped down though.  They were treat like shit when Franco was running the show, he even changed Bilbao's name to Atletico Bilbao, but they changed it back to Athletic Club when he fucked off.  My first and only love in football is Newcastle United, but there's a corner of my heart which likes to see Athletic do well, but unlike us they're perennial under achievers.  They're increasing to 60,000 too.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

NUFC are by far away my most important club, and the only one I truly 100% support, and I admit I do take an interest in the exploits of Wycombe Wanderers (my birthplace club, so it's the same as Wullie and Hartlepool for example), but thats it for English clubs. In terms of 'foreign' support, I'm pretty mad about Barca (and have been since about '98) and more recently, Marseille who just have this aura I like.

Don't really have a Dutch team but I've always liked Fiorentina (think they used to be sponsored by Nintendo or something years and years ago and I saw that on Football Italia and have always liked them since...) in Italy, and Stuttgart in Germany (not sure how that started, probably a mixture of late night football on TV and Pro Evo if I'm to be perfectly honest).

Its like me and Lincoln City, but newcastle are always first choice

I follow Lincoln a bit too, makes sense seeing as I only live literally a 5 minute walk away from Sincil Bank.

where abouts are you from then?

Wycombe originally but I live in Lincoln now. Live just off Portland St if that rings any proverbial bells, won't say exactly where though, because that'd be, well, stupid of me.

oh i know where mate lived near there myself now i live in nettleham, but in lincoln there all glory hunters there either mancs scousers or the newer breed support chelski

Indeed, but with that said I see a lot of red and white shirt (Lincoln, not Sunderland) shirts around the place and occasionally random others (it being a uni city and all that).

ill admit to having just abit more than a soft spot for lincoln and have a season ticket and go to newcastle whenever i can afford it or the chance arises

• 1 year later...

Italy : Fiorentina. Roma I like to see do well too

Holland : Feyenoord

France : Bordeaux

Spain : Deportivo (I do like Atletico but can`t bring myself to support a team playing in red and white stripes :shifty:)

Brazil : Sao Paulo

Argentina : Boca Juniors

Germany  : Schalke

Just follow their results though

Can`t stand fans who list their other favourite teams as all the big guns at the same time ie: : Real Madrid, Inter, Bayern Munich ,PSV etc - gloryhunters!

Guest Brewcastle

NORWAY: Rosenborg BK  :coolsmiley:

SPAIN: Barcelona

ITALY: Juventus

FRANCE: Metz

GERMANY: Werder Bremen

PORTUGAL: Boavista

HOLLAND: Herenveen

In Germany, I used to really like St Pauli. Brilliant fans, excellent atmosphere. But they've dropped right out of the picture.

St.Pauli are probably the only team I take an interest in apart from Newcastle. Despite a few bad years the ground is still packed every game, always a great atmosphere and a great city to go out in after the match.

Also like Brann and Athletic Bilbao.

SPAIN: Vigo

ITALY: Palermo

FRANCE: Sochaux

GERMANY: Bayer Leverkusen

PORTUGAL: Anyone other than sporting lisbon

HOLLAND: NAC Breda

Because we've beaten them all ;)

Barca and Inter topping my list then :)

i was about to dive in two footed and say we never beat inter. (NE5 would have had a field day)

i was about to dive in two footed and say we never beat inter. (NE5 would have had a field day)

Shearers double(iirc) still beats anything ive seen in the recent years. Also the Feyenoord game was a good one(again, if i recall correctly) with bellamy's winner late on.