If a new top-class manager came in, would you give these four a pardon?

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

You have four votes so can vote for all players if you want, or just 1,2, 3 or none, by selecting the none option.

Myself I'd be prepared to give Luque a stay of execution, and at a push, Bramble.

You?

Guest Knightrider

This time last year, how many of us would have been saying Butt for NUFC Player of the Year?

That was one of the reasons behind my thinking.

dont know what has happened behind the scenes with luque but i have a feeling we have wasted a good opportunity to give the guy a fair crack on the pitch after his bad injury and maybe that is why his attitude has been so crap imho.

I voted for Luque and Babayaro

Im sure that Luque will be different player under different manager

Babayaro can be a back up LB

The others are shit

I was willing to give Bramble another chance but after the AZ game i lost all kind of faith in him

Carr, he's decent back-up aslong as we only have Nobby. If we'd get another RB I'd get rid of Carr as well, and keep Nobby as back-up.

Babayaro I'd be alright with as second choice, but he hasn't barely been fit all season and I'm getting sick of him.

Luque hasn't got a future hear, best for him to get out ASAP. Bramble I've had enough off

It doesn't matter.  A top manager demands success and clubs don't become successful by getting the best out of poor players.

Maybe Luque would perform better under someone else, but we've seen very little evidence that any of the others are even capable of improvement.  A top manager recognizes that fact, a poor one doesn't. 

Wouldn't bat an eyelid if any of them left, so long as I had confidence (a) that the manager had got improved replacements lined up or already signed and (b) that the manager wasn't a tactical void such as Roeder.

If we got a top class manager in I'd be happy to trust to his judgement and let him do things how he sees fit and keep the players he wants.

Having said that, I doubt such a manager would keep any of the four of those players.

None of those players deserve to stay. They've all had their chances, and none of them are good enough.

Pretty ironic coming from a bloke with Sibierski in his sig!

Touchez.

I think Sibs is a good man who has worked hard in his time with Newcastle and is proud to play with the club. I agree that he isn't as good as we need, but I'll cheer for him as long as he's here.

Tbh, Bramble doesn't have any hope. SBR couldn't get him to fulfill his potential, and now two managers since then have been unable to accomplish the same thing with him. He's not good enough.

Luque, on the other hand, well, I'd be prepared to give him a chance just because I'd rather £10m not go down the drain.

In the end though, I believe coaching is the key. If a coach drills his players really well, what used to come unnaturally on the pitch (ie. making a timed run etc.) will become a natural habit. Just look at Frank Lampard as a great example of what good coaching can do to a player. He's been drilled to shoot, and obviously has been coached really well in his technique of smacking the ball, and that's why he gets the goals he gets. He's been drilled to hover around the penalty area and look for balls to strike at. Before, he rarely did this because it was unnatural but good coaching can change a lot.

Guest teepee

no one if i am to chose - but i would respect the decision of this top manager (well, maybe not if he decided to use carr....)

Carr and bramble are shite, plain and simple.  Would not pardon.  I don't think Bramble will improve under anyone, ever, and Carr has racked up more chins than appearances this season. 

Babayaro could conceivably be consistently average-good.  Luque I just don't know.  Has been shite since coming here really, don't know what it would be like to see him under a top class manager.