Bundesliga (und Fußball) - 2017/18

samag

Guest Tyson

Top-to-bottom this is  the strongest  league in Europe, from a technical football standpoint. Even with their dodgy defense (pre-Jan, before selling Cisse &  undergoing 1st team shake-up) a previously bottom three Freiburg would've easily been a top half team  in the EPL.

Dortmund gatecrashed Bayern's party last year, and they've had another year to mature as a team. A major European campaign this season arrived a year too soon. If they can keep the nucleus together (ie. Gotse) Dortmund are a decent bet for champions' league semi-final berth next time round.

Top-to-bottom this is  the strongest  league in Europe, from a technical football standpoint. Even with their dodgy defense (pre-Jan, before selling Cisse &  undergoing 1st team shake-up) a previously bottom three Freiburg would've easily been a top half team  in the EPL.

Dortmund gatecrashed Bayern's party last year, and they've had another year to mature as a team. A major European campaign this season arrived a year too soon. If they can keep the nucleus together (ie. Gotse) Dortmund are a decent bet for champions' league semi-final berth next time round.

Agree with everything but with the "strongest league in Europe".

England, despite the European failure that season, is still the strongest league in Europe. A team like Stoke would be unplayable for most of the Bundesliga teams.

For a German you really don't want people to rate your league.  :lol:

I really don't rate it myself.

I watch some games and just think they're boring. I've watched Bayern - Leverkusen a few months back and the football that was played was terribly to watch.

Matches like Spurs vs. Arsenal or Chelsea vs. Man Utd are much, much better games to watch for neutrals. Both top-of-the-leagues clashes, that's why I'm comparing them.

Raul once again doing the business for Schalke. 2-0 up, he scored both goals. Wonder what they'll do without him next season if he's really off to Quatar. Shame, because he could have played one or two more years at least in the one of the top leagues.

He could be off to Fortuna Dusseldorf im sure its been talked about.

Would be an odd move, as Fortuna is a crappy side, but he does live in Düsseldorf. Derendorf or Pempelfort. Around the corner from my bird, at any rate.

I know Raul's interpreter. He's a complete cunt. Since he got this job, it's been "Raul this, Raul that". So, as great as he's been for Schalke, I wouldn't be sad to see him off to Qatar. Less bollocks I'd have to listen to in the pub.

What a stinking match for Arjen Robben! :lol: First, he's probably at fault for the Dortmund goal by playing one of their players onside, then, he misses a penalty badly and then finally he misses an open goal. :lol: Oh dear, the title is Dortmund's now.

Guest Sophie S

I watch some games and just think they're boring. I've watched Bayern - Leverkusen a few months back and the football that was played was terribly to watch.

I don't really think you can generalise it like that. I've watched a few matches recently and actually found all of them quite entertaining. I remember the cup quarter(?) final of Duesseldorf v Dortmund especially vividly because it was really gripping, even for me as a non-regular follower of the German leagues. Or from the Europe league: Schalke v Twente and Hannover v Luettich were all good matches to watch. I know you compared the top teams here, and I do agree that Englands top 3-6 play more attractive football than Germands top 3-6, but I don't think you can stretch that over both leagues and still have a point. At least that does not correlate with my own observations.

P.S. Having said that, I'm terribly glad Dortmund won tonight.  :shifty:

I don't really think you can generalise it like that. I've watched a few matches recently and actually found all of them quite entertaining. I remember the cup quarter(?) final of Duesseldorf v Dortmund especially vividly because it was really gripping, even for me as a non-regular follower of the German leagues. Or from the Europe league: Schalke v Twente and Hannover v Luettich were all good matches to watch. I know you compared the top teams here, and I do agree that Englands top 3-6 play more attractive football than Germands top 3-6, but I don't think you can stretch that over both leagues and still have a point. At least that does not correlate with my own observations.

P.S. Having said that, I'm terribly glad Dortmund won tonight.  :shifty:

German game I went to was utter dross like.

I'd still argue Serie A is above the Bundesliga in quality and I'm no Serie A fanboy.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Matt Fortune ‏ @DMworldfootball 

Spain legend Raul will join Qatari outfit Al Ahli SC on 4yr deal this summer, according to Bild. Deal been done back in January