Bundesliga (und Fußball) - 2017/18

samag

How good do the Germans have it at the moment, man? Gotze, Reus, Kroos, Ozil, Groskreutz, Schurrle and Muller. That's an abundance of young, world class attacking players. Not a single one is older than 23. Gotze, Ozil, Kroos and Muller and would start in almost every team in the world, and I really like Schurrle too.

Yeah the level of talent is incredible. If they end up 4-2-3-1 again, Gotze mightn't even start!

At Euro 2000, England and Germany both crashed out in the group stages - one country chose to learn lessons and transform their youth systems, the other kept plodding along. 10 years later, Germany are demolishing England in the World Cup. I know England just beat Spain, but England's youth can't match up to Germany's in quality or depth.

How good do the Germans have it at the moment, man? Gotze, Reus, Kroos, Ozil, Groskreutz, Schurrle and Muller. That's an abundance of young, world class attacking players. Not a single one is older than 23. Gotze, Ozil, Kroos and Muller and would start in almost every team in the world, and I really like Schurrle too.

You have to wonder how much of it is sheer good luck and how much is down to the long hard look the DFB took at itself after the humiliation of Euro 2000. It's an astonishing generation of players.

Nürnberg 1-0 Kaiserslautern

Standard of play 4/10

Match Atmosphere 7/10

Pre-match atmosphere in some weird hippy camp 9/10

Price, accessibility, police 9/10

Being able to enjoy the game quaffing weißbeer brought to your seat 10/10

Bundesliga gets a resounding thumbs up from me. Definitely going to look into going to a better game in the future.

Standard of play 4/10

Match Atmosphere 7/10

Being able to enjoy the game quaffing weißbeer brought to your seat 10/10Bundesliga gets a resounding thumbs up from me. Definitely going to look into going to a better game in the future.

There were some cracking games at the weekend but that point is what makes it for me too.

Heard from some Dortmund fans who were at Arsenal last week that they were penned in for 15 minutes after the game. Some lit cigarettes and were told aggressively to put them out or they'd be arrested. They must think WTF is this about compared to  the atmosphere they enjoy at home.

Standard of play 4/10

Match Atmosphere 7/10

Being able to enjoy the game quaffing weißbeer brought to your seat 10/10Bundesliga gets a resounding thumbs up from me. Definitely going to look into going to a better game in the future.

There were some cracking games at the weekend but that point is what makes it for me too.

Heard from some Dortmund fans who were at Arsenal last week that they were penned in for 15 minutes after the game. Some lit cigarettes and were told aggressively to put them out or they'd be arrested. They must think WTF is this about compared to  the atmosphere they enjoy at home.

Aye I caught some of the Dortmund highlights and watched the Bayern game in a bar, both class, but the fans mixing and drinking openly on the trains, in the station and the ground with background  supervision from the police was a different world to anything I've experienced. The bit I was in was 70/30 mixed as we were above the Kaiserslautern main bit but their was no animosity even when people were getting more drunk.

In terms of fan experience I couldn't recommend it more + it's lush beer not Carling or some balls.

Standard of play 4/10

Match Atmosphere 7/10

Aye I caught some of the Dortmund highlights and watched the Bayern game in a bar, both class, but the fans mixing and drinking openly on the trains, in the station and the ground with background  supervision from the police was a different world to anything I've experienced. The bit I was in was 70/30 mixed as we were above the Kaiserslautern main bit but their was no animosity even when people were getting more drunk.

In terms of fan experience I couldn't recommend it more + it's lush beer not Carling or some balls.

I was at a Kaiserslautern home game last week and I agree with you. Everything was better except for the standard of football, which was still pretty good (they were playing Leverkusen). The atmosphere was excellent in the standing section, too.

Standard of play 4/10

Match Atmosphere 7/10

It's normally St.Pauli I go to, (Ozzie mentioned he likes them in another thread) they're Bundesliga 2 right now but still every game ausverkauft and an amazing atmosphere. It's not unlike going to Newcastle as the ground is in town and surrounded by loads of good pubs.

Due to their popularity I've had to get "business" tickets recently - they're extortionate (and very un-Sankt Pauli) but the food. wine and beer are superb (and unlimited) so I do my best to get my money's worth  :booze:

• 2 weeks later...

Try to get to a Bundesliga game at least once a season. Been to see Eintracht Frankfurt v Hertha Berlin which was one of the best atmospheres i've ever witnessed in nearly 30 years of watching football and last season I went to see Bayer Leverkusen v Mainz (decent atmosphere but not anything special) and the day after that Schalke v Nurnberg which we had standing tickets for, which cost the princely sum of €13. 61,500 at that match, great atmosphere but I was suprised at how much they pack the people in behind the goal. I literally couldn't move my hands from by my sides and you had no chance of getting a piss or a pint at half time.

Going to watch FC Koln v Stuttgart in April.

• 4 weeks later...

Marco Reus back to his hometown club for 17.5m euros.......good to see a top German player sign for someone else other than Bayern for once.

Very ambitious of Dortmund, coming up with 17.5m can't have been easy considering their financial situation. But like they said, it's a unique case as this is a Dortmund born lad.

Ticks all the boxes being young, fast and able to play everywhere on the pitch.

Lewandowski

Kagawa/Großkreutz      Götze          Reus

Bender      Gundogan

Looking very tasty, the average age of those six is 21,5. Gundogan has been a bit disappointing but I think he'll come good eventually.

Pleased with my man Lewandowski, having a great season so far :)