Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

Aye Jose fought tooth and nail to keep him :lol:

I am starting to think you are just on the WUM now, you really can't be this stupid.

There is f*** all a club can do when a player wants to go man, surely with all your Championship Manager logic you know this.

You're calling me stupid  mackems.gif

Its like being called a mong by a fully fledged window licker  mackems.gif

Im sure Dave will be warning you about abuse now, or is it just for people not in the clique  :coolsmiley:

You should be the last person on here trying to point out abuse.

cant be arsed reading through 9 pages of this so if someone else has posted it, then sorry, but 5 live this morning claimed it was a done deal him coming here

Who on Five Live?

dont know, me uncle rang me and said they had claimed on 5 live that he and his entourage had agreed to come here in the summer

Aye Jose fought tooth and nail to keep him :lol:

I am starting to think you are just on the WUM now, you really can't be this stupid.

There is f*** all a club can do when a player wants to go man, surely with all your Championship Manager logic you know this.

You're calling me stupid  mackems.gif

Its like being called a mong by a fully fledged window licker  mackems.gif

Im sure Dave will be warning you about abuse now, or is it just for people not in the clique  :coolsmiley:

Funny isn't it, even in the very post he is doing it he is abusing :lol:

Guest Nappy Rash

I am guessing Mourinho did the usual manager talk along the lines of "he was a really good player, really didnt want to lose him but he wanted first team football and I respect his wishes" right?

Educate yourself a little, instead of trying to do things you dont have the skills to do.

Instead of writing on here, trying to be clever and writing about stuff you have no clue, use the time wisely, go away and read and them come back and you may be taken seriously.

All they say on Sky isnt true you know.

Gejon is of course is right to point out Sibierski.

Gejon is like you, incorrect, as he was attempting to quote me and thus prove me wrong.

The moral of the story is those lacking the required organs for thinking, shouldnt attempt it  :coolsmiley:

Actually reading would go a long way to resolve these matters, but learning is obviously time consuming.

What on earth are you blabbering about? Care to point out the inaccuracies in my post?

I am unhappy we spent £5m on a left winger when the defence desperately needed attention first and N'Zogbia has basically been pushed out in part due to the transfer.

The stats seem to think the defence has been fine, its scoring goals that are the problem.

But as ever, look for a reason and you'll find it  :uglystupid2:

Nice dodge on the question by the way  :-[

At last!!! Someone else who can see what's been obvious all bloody season long.

it's a fair point, there have been a number games this season where we've played ok/well/good but not put the ball in the net, conceded then collapsed like a pack of cards

wigan away in particular springs to mind

if michael owen had played 15-20 games with martins the season would have had a totally different look about it, believe me

Surely it's just as easy to speculate that with a half-decent defence we'd be doing much better too? We got as far as we did in the Waffa Cup with the striking options now, with a better defence could we have won it?

Look at the league table, Dave. The problem all season has been a lack of creativity and a lack of goals. I watched the 3-1 win away to Arsenal the other day when I was copying my video to a DVD, are you telling me the likes of Hughes, O'Brien, Dabizas and Elliott were fantastic defenders? We conceded 52 goals that season but we scored 74! Look at the league table for 0102, look at the goals scored and goals against and compare it with now. Here are a few anyway. Note the jump from 11th to 4th despite conceding 2 more goals, we scored 30 bloody more that season. Yes, you need a good defence but there's more to not conceding goals than the 4 individuals at the back. It's a team thing and it rests on how you play, how you retain possession, how to force the pace and make the other team play as a result of your own play. We do crap at that because we have very little creativity and very little attacking threat of our own. We've only scored 37 bloody goals.

00-01 F44 A50 Pos 11th

01-02 F74 A52 Pos  4th

02-03 F63 A48 Pos  3rd

03-04 F52 A40 Pos  5th

04-05 F47 A50 Pos 14th

05-06 F47 A42 Pos  7th

06-08 F37 A43

Arthur Cox said it as long ago as the 80's, don't lose sight of the importance of attacking play because you'll turn to s*** and you'll empty the ground.

mrmojorisin75, :thup:

The truth is we need investment/development in a few different areas, which is bad news with the finances as they are. In this case we need someone who can find and get the best out of cheaper players, and I don't trust Roeder in this regard. Allardyce I would.

i said somewhere earlier in all this that if allardyce were coming in with the remit of operating on a budget and looking to bring in cheaper players and get the best out of what we have then fair enough, i agree

however the noise coming out of the club is that they'll spend money in the window to "strengthen the squad" which i read as spending significantly...i don't see an argument for giving allardyce cash ahead of roeder...

How often has he wasted money when he has got it?

roeder had spent 15m and not wasted any, what's the argument for giving allardyce the cash ahead of roeder

answer my question i'll answer yours

Guest Nappy Rash

Who's pointing out abuse like?

I got a PM from Dave telling me to curb the abuse, so it was a little joke, you know those things happy people make.

The truth is we need investment/development in a few different areas, which is bad news with the finances as they are. In this case we need someone who can find and get the best out of cheaper players, and I don't trust Roeder in this regard. Allardyce I would.

i said somewhere earlier in all this that if allardyce were coming in with the remit of operating on a budget and looking to bring in cheaper players and get the best out of what we have then fair enough, i agree

however the noise coming out of the club is that they'll spend money in the window to "strengthen the squad" which i read as spending significantly...i don't see an argument for giving allardyce cash ahead of roeder...

roeder had spent 15m and not wasted any, what's the argument for giving allardyce the cash ahead of roeder

Because Allardyce actually brings in players, doesn't waste money (not saying Roeder does) and is an all round better manager.

Guest Nappy Rash

What on earth are you blabbering about? Care to point out the inaccuracies in my post?

Try the bit I quoted and then the explanation  :uglystupid2:

I didnt realise ignorance and posting on here were mutually exclusive.

I am guessing Mourinho did the usual manager talk along the lines of "he was a really good player, really didnt want to lose him but he wanted first team football and I respect his wishes" right?

Educate yourself a little, instead of trying to do things you dont have the skills to do.

Instead of writing on here, trying to be clever and writing about stuff you have no clue, use the time wisely, go away and read and them come back and you may be taken seriously.

All they say on Sky isnt true you know.

Ok you believe everything you read from manager interviews then tell me not to believe things like Sky? :lol:

Glad to see you have completed resorted to abuse and have given up on the thread topic. Always a sure fire winner that.

Allardyce pisses all over Roeder in every aspect of management. Their respective careers show this and just because Roeder finished above him last season it does not mean he is a better manager. Leighton Baines will finish in a team below Babayaro but that doesnt mean Babayaro is the better left back.

I am unhappy we spent £5m on a left winger when the defence desperately needed attention first and N'Zogbia has basically been pushed out in part due to the transfer.

The stats seem to think the defence has been fine, its scoring goals that are the problem.

it's a fair point, there have been a number games this season where we've played ok/well/good but not put the ball in the net, conceded then collapsed like a pack of cards

if michael owen had played 15-20 games with martins the season would have had a totally different look about it, believe me

Aye. That's what I said and I've been saying for ages now that what we really need is another quality striker.

We need both. [/b]Defenders to defend well, as well as a striker to put the ball in the back of the net. Difference is that weve already cashed our chips in on the frontline - 10mill on Martins, 17mill on Owen, with the likes of Ameobi, Luque, Dyer, Carroll, Duff, as backup.

What has been the outlay on the defence? Practically nowt. Result? Shiite defenders simply not good enough for us regularly getting into the team. Theyve been as costly to us as the failure to partner Martins with someone half decent this season.

See the bit in bold and big letters????

That's what I said ages ago. We need players in many areas of the team.

You got there in the end, not that I give a shit.

Because Allardyce actually brings in players, doesn't waste money (not saying Roeder does) and is an all round better manager.

fair enough, that's your point of view

as for your question the only money i know he's had is for anelka and i'd now say it has been and better than anything roeder has spent, arguably worse value given the fact he's 28 and has a pathcy history and temperament

cant be arsed reading through 9 pages of this so if someone else has posted it, then sorry, but 5 live this morning claimed it was a done deal him coming here

Who on Five Live?

dont know, me uncle rang me and said they had claimed on 5 live that he and his entourage had agreed to come here in the summer

were they saying that as one of their own reports, or simply passing on what the papers were saying?

as for your question the only money i know he's had is for anelka and i'd now say it has been and better than anything roeder has spent, arguably worse value given the fact he's 28 and has a pathcy history and temperament

You clearly don't know the first thing about Anelka.

He has helped transform them into a team that are likely to qualify for Europe. Worth every penny. He has spent fairly big (for Bolton) on Diouf aswell who is a very good striker and has done a good job there. These players do have poor history with attitude but this is another plus point for Allardyce in he knows how to handle this and get the best out of the players.

He has helped transform them into a team that are likely to qualify for Europe. Worth every penny. He has spent fairly big (for Bolton) on Diouf aswell who is a very good striker and has done a good job there. These players do have poor history with attitude but this is another plus point for Allardyce in he knows how to handle this and get the best out of the players.

Roeder can't even handle a child like Zoggy.

diouf was nominal, wages only

Surely it's just as easy to speculate that with a half-decent defence we'd be doing much better too? We got as far as we did in the Waffa Cup with the striking options now, with a better defence could we have won it?

Look at the league table, Dave. The problem all season has been a lack of creativity and a lack of goals. I watched the 3-1 win away to Arsenal the other day when I was copying my video to a DVD, are you telling me the likes of Hughes, O'Brien, Dabizas and Elliott were fantastic defenders? We conceded 52 goals that season but we scored 74! Look at the league table for 0102, look at the goals scored and goals against and compare it with now. Here are a few anyway. Note the jump from 11th to 4th despite conceding 2 more goals, we scored 30 bloody more that season. Yes, you need a good defence but there's more to not conceding goals than the 4 individuals at the back. It's a team thing and it rests on how you play, how you retain possession, how to force the pace and make the other team play as a result of your own play. We do crap at that because we have very little creativity and very little attacking threat of our own.

00-01 F44 A50 Pos 11th

01-02 F74 A52 Pos  4th

02-03 F63 A48 Pos  3rd

03-04 F52 A40 Pos  5th

04-05 F47 A50 Pos 14th

05-06 F47 A42 Pos  7th

06-08 F37 A43

Arthur Cox said it as long ago as the 80's, don't lose sight of the importance of attacking play because you'll turn to shit and you'll empty the ground.

Fair post, and i'm not demeaning the importance of attacking play at all. My gripe is that as always the solution seems to be throwing money at an expensive forward player rather than trying to build from the back, from a solid base. We did well in those seasons despite a shit defence imo. If we'd married those attacks with a good defence we might have gone all the way and finally ended our duck, or at least gone much closer. Also, in that 3-1 game you mention, no those defenders aren't anything special by any stretch of the imagination, but they are at least all experienced and playing in their correct positions.

Pretty sure he was about £3.5m

Pretty sure he was about £3.5m

wouldn't stake my life either way, regardless it's hardly shedloads is it?

Guest Nappy Rash

Ok you believe everything you read from manager interviews then tell me not to believe things like Sky? :lol:

Glad to see you have completed resorted to abuse and have given up on the thread topic. Always a sure fire winner that.

Allardyce pisses all over Roeder in every aspect of management. Their respective careers show this and just because Roeder finished above him last season it does not mean he is a better manager. Leighton Baines will finish in a team below Babayaro but that doesnt mean Babayaro is the better left back.

God give me strength.

How do you come to the conclusion that I believe everything Managers say?

Because I pointed out that Mourinho didnt actually want Duff to leave when some idiot claimed we only sign players nobody wants (basically)?

I havent given up on the thread topic, I have followed it around every twist and turn, unlike some, who've never grasped it from start to finish.

Allardyce is not better than Roeder, if he was that good, his best season would not be below an average Manager who was picking up Souness' mess, as much as you want to believe its true.

Look at Moyes at Everton, he may have flirted with relegation a few times, but he's had them finish in the top 4 and they're not far away again.

He hasnt been blessed with the same duration as Allardyce either.

Allardyce is another mediocre Manager.

If he's that fuckin good explain to me how come a shit Manager like Roeder can finish above him with the problems he inherited?

Could I see Roeder finishing above Wenger? Ferguson? Benitez? Mourinho? Absolutely not, Allardyce, no problem.

God give me strength.

How do you come to the conclusion that I believe everything Managers say?

Because I pointed out that Mourinho didnt actually want Duff to leave when some idiot claimed we only sign players nobody wants (basically)?

I havent given up on the thread topic, I have followed it around every twist and turn, unlike some, who've never grasped it from start to finish.

Allardyce is not better than Roeder, if he was that good, his best season would not be below an average Manager who was picking up Souness' mess, as much as you want to believe its true.

Look at Moyes at Everton, he may have flirted with relegation a few times, but he's had them finish in the top 4 and they're not far away again.

He hasnt been blessed with the same duration as Allardyce either.

Allardyce is another mediocre Manager.

If he's that fuckin good explain to me how come a shit Manager like Roeder can finish above him with the problems he inherited?

Could I see Roeder finishing above Wenger? Ferguson? Benitez? Mourinho? Absolutely not, Allardyce, no problem.

That's more like it. :)

I might aswell go and sit on the Sunshine Bus and debate with them.

Look I have absolved Roeder of nothing, I said everything has to be taken into consideration, you on the other hand, give him no credit for the postives, but blame him for the negatives.

Im wasting my time with someone who cant read.

I'll give him credit for the positives, I've done that with him getting Martins and I've done it with Sibierski but I think luck is involved with both of those and pointed that out. 

I'm not going to credit him as being even an average manager as I've seen nothing to prove that, even with all of the injuries.  We've had better results when he's had to put the kids in, not always as the Birmingham game for one shows.  The fact is that when he has all of his players to pick from he picks more by reputation than by form and we've had poor results because of it, not all of the time but more often than not.

Anyway, Allardyce is still better than Roeder, and by a mile.