Allardyce officially resigns from Bolton; Lee new manager, Speed assistant

Guest WalkervilleMag

There's hardly a club/manager/agent out there who hasn't taken a bung in all reality...No one gives a s***.

If a manager was making transfer decisions based on his own personal financial gain, rather than the good of his club, then the supporters of that club have every right to be very annoyed.

It is widespread, but the allegations against him were pretty hefty. The fact he didn;t take any action is a bit worrying.

But as you said, it doesn't really matter in the wider picture, if he keeps his club's fans happy.

Booooooooomsoooooooooong. :lol:

It is widespread, but the allegations against him were pretty hefty. The fact he didn;t take any action is a bit worrying.

The FA didnt take any action against anyone, the only person who took any action was Fred by sacking Kevin "00P45" Bond

Newcastle and City favoured destinations for Allardyce

by Oliver Kay, The Times

Sam Allardyce resigned as Bolton Wanderers manager yesterday to pursue a new challenge, feasibly at Manchester City or Newcastle United, after suspicions over his future plans led the club to bring forward his planned departure at the end of the season.

Allardyce informed Phil Gartside, the Bolton chairman, on Friday that he intended to leave the club and take a sabbatical after eight years in charge at the Reebok Stadium. Gartside suspected that he had lined up another job and even contacted City officials to ask whether this was the case before reluctantly deciding yesterday to accept his resignation with immediate effect and to replace him with Sammy Lee, his assistant.

Lee’s appointment could be confirmed as early as today, but Allardyce’s future is less clear. His prospects of landing the City job, occupied at present by Stuart Pearce, appear to be largely reliant on a takeover bid by Ray Ranson, the club’s former player. Ranson’s hopes of gaining power at the City of Manchester Stadium remain in the balance, however, with two consortiums — one American and the other led by Thaksin Shinawatra, the deposed Prime Minister of Thailand — preferred by the club’s board.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have yet to make a decision on Glenn Roeder’s future as manager. Allardyce rejected the job in 2004, but is certain to be among the contenders if Roeder is dismissed. The Tyneside club have also shown interest in Sven-Göran Eriksson, the former England head coach, as revealed by The Times this month. Senior Newcastle officials last night distanced themselves from a bid for Allardyce’s services.

Sources close to Allardyce have indicated that he would be interested in the Newcastle job and also that of City, in the event of a takeover, but also that, as with Alan Curbishley’s resignation at Charlton Athletic a year ago, he would welcome a period away from the game if the right opportunity does not arise.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/bolton/article1723229.ece

I think the bit in bold is very important and I believe that's what will happen if the citeh take over doesn't materialise on time before next season starts...Sam will bide his time and wait until a good opportunity will arise...He wouldn't need to wait that long  because the fat one will be waving his wand and Roeder will disappear in September...

Personally, I would love to see big Sam managing a La Liga club or a Serie A club. His big man, physical, cynical, tough, persisting, long ball, set piece football are going to wind up many many clubs and I could forsee a huge impact Allardyce would make overseas. But then I don't think he is sophiscated enough to speak any foreign language!

FS should be on the phone to Big Sam but i got a gut feeling Roeder will be in charge next season and like the shit manager before him he'll be sacked and by then Sam will be in charge of another team probably ManCity who will be in the top 6 or there abouts and we'll end up with P.Jewell or C.Coleman.

Maybe the fans should chant Allardyce in our next home game just to give FS a hint.

Guest nufc_geordie
This was all decided two weeks ago, so who knows whats been happening between then and now.

TBH I think that the original idea was that Big Sam would leave after the last game and I think Bolton have done well to keep this under wraps until now for two weeks. Normally this sort of thing comes out straight away. Sammy Lee and Gary Speed seemed generally suprised when interviewed on it at the weekend. As it has came out that the makes Big Sams position untenable with the playing staff them knowing he isn't going to be around so they have released him. Meanwhile, Gartside has had two weeks to sort out a replacement so a smooth transition is easy.

This makes sense and is not outside the realms of possibility but I do think Man City/ Newcastle probably have entered into the equation somewhere.

He never did sue the BBC, did he?

Hmmm.

Not to my knowledge, at least...curiouser and curiouser...

nah, he didn't. just refused to give any interviews to the BBC. not a big loss.....

That's not the point we're hinting at, though. BBC broadcasts program containing loads of allegations against Sam.

Sam denies them angrily, says he's going to sue the BBC for this slander etc etc. Several months later, no hint of legal action. Hmmmm.

Good manager, mind.

Suggesting that the Panorama investigation found out some more stuff that the BBC weren't willing to broadcast, but would come out in court? ???

Or are you suggesting his next job will actually be nither City nor Newcastle....but Director General of the BBC  :laugh:

Roeder has one year left on his contract and 'coincendently' Shearer should have completed his coaching badges by then too. I strongly suspect that this is what fred wants to happen. I actually truly belive that Shearer can have the same affect as a manger as Keane has had on Sunderland. Shearer is surely not going to stay out the game and stick to commentating imo, he's more hands on than that,  he wanted some time off and he'll have had two years in a years time. I don't think he's doing his coaching badges just in case either.

However if he wasn't going to come here (unlikely imo) and maybe start of at a small club (like keane has at scumderland) then Big sam definately gets my vote (as second best option) over Roeder, Sven etc 

Roeder has one year left on his contract and 'coincendently' Shearer should have completed his coaching badges by then too. I strongly suspect that this is what fred wants to happen. I actually truly belive that Shearer can have the same affect as a manger as Keane has had on Sunderland. Shearer is surely not going to stay out the game and stick to commentating imo, he's more hands on than that,  he wanted some time off and he'll have had two years in a years time. I don't think he's doing his coaching badges just in case either.

However if he wasn't going to come here (unlikely imo) and maybe start of at a small club (like keane has at scumderland) then Big sam definately gets my vote (as second best option) over Roeder, Sven etc 

Shearer distanced himself a couple of weeks ago for a return to football, he even hinted he may go in at a lower level 1st, but wants to see out BBC contract which lasts a while longer yet.

Out of the papers i heard he wants 5 years in total off to spend getting his badges but mainly to spend time with his family and allow both him and the club to move on.

Shearer distanced himself a couple of weeks ago for a return to football, he even hinted he may go in at a lower level 1st, but wants to see out BBC contract which lasts a while longer yet.

Out of the papers i heard he wants 5 years in total off to spend getting his badges but mainly to spend time with his family and allow both him and the club to move on.

IF this is definately the case (and hopefully he's given FF an indication of this) get Big Sam in now imo, as Glenn has had a shocker of a season and Big Sam would come here imo, i'd preffer him to other candidates i.e. Roeder, Sven etc!!

Link

Sam Allardyce admits he wanted to stay at Bolton Wanderers until the end of the season and has played down speculation he could become Manchester City manager.

After a weekend of rumours, Allardyce quit as Bolton boss on Sunday and plans to take a break from football after almost eight years in charge of The Trotters.

He revealed he came close to quitting the job last year and accepts the timing of his departure is best for the club.

"It was a very difficult decision, of course, and one which was come to with an amicable agreement between me and Phil (Gartside, Bolton chairman)," Allardyce told Sky Sports News.

"I would have liked it to be at the end of the season, but unfortunately some of these things don't stay private.

"Two weeks, or two-and-a-half weeks, it's been since it was discussed - perhaps that's a long time anyway.

"It wasn't to be. With all the speculation that's carried on, we decided yesterday was a good time to get all the press out of the way, and let the team and Sammy (Lee) focus on the last two games without any more speculation that's flying around.

"It's time for Sam Allardyce to take a break. I make big decisions every day in life as a manager and once I've made it I stick to it.

"I've always been my own man and I made those feelings with Phil clear over long, long discussions, who fought extremely hard to make me change that decision.

"I nearly did it (resigned) last year to be fair. I spoke to Alan Curbishley at great length about him taking a break after 14 years at Charlton. Of course, that's been in my mind since then and I think it's the right time for me."

Allardyce has been linked with replacing Stuart Pearce as manager at The City of Manchester Stadium as part of Ray Ranson's bid to take over the club.

But he moved to cool those rumours, saying: "I'm not a good friend of Ray Ranson's. I played against Ray.

"That's been speculation for weeks and weeks now and it was bound to happen more when I've made a decision like this."

The plot thickens? I always assumed that they were close as Allardyce was a big ProZone man, one of the first IIRC, and Ranson owns the company who runs it...but that makes them seem like they are not on good terms at all. Perhaps he is genuinely interested in taking a break...or perhaps he has been tapped by someone else - Shepherd? The current City board? Another potential new owner? Someone else entirely?

I think people are going a bit "Parky" regarding his "sudden" resignation. It was leaked that he was leaving in the summer and they have decided its best to go now. Im sure if it was to do with this Panorama thing it would have happened ages ago!

I think people are going a bit "Parky" regarding his "sudden" resignation. It was leaked that he was leaving in the summer and they have decided its best to go now. Im sure if it was to do with this Panorama thing it would have happened ages ago!

At this point it needs to be made clear that Parky Industries decline to comment in matters concering Mr Allardyce. We will release a statement pertaining to the media speculation regarding our corporate footprint and its perceived stance on Mr Allardyce in due course.

At this point it needs to be made clear that Parky Industries decline to comment in matters concering Mr Allardyce. We will release a statement pertaining to the media speculation regarding our corporate footprint and its perceived stance on Mr Allardyce in due course.

Mr Gates, spokesperson for Parky Industries posing with their corporate footprint a short while ago  :icon_biggrin:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/MalayBFcast.jpg

I meant the ageing chat show host but if you have a guilty concience....  :tongue:

Mr Gates, spokesperson for Parky Industries posing with their corporate footprint a short while ago  :icon_biggrin:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/MalayBFcast.jpg

Mechazilla? :)

Bolton want £5m compensation if Allardyce becomes manager of City or Newcastle. (The Sun)

can they do that?

Not sure but I would assume they only could if they could prove we tapped them up or if they demanded it from Allardyce for breaking the terms of his contract.