Which teams do our players support

Stevie

I'm surprised there aern't more players in the big time giving back to smaller clubs who brought them up or who they supported.

It's easy to say when I don't actually have to do it, but if I were a big time footballer rolling in money then a good chunk of my salary would go right to my hometown club I reckon.

Maybe we just don't hear about it. 

Looks like Nobby likes Boca:

Newcastle midfielder Nobby Solano wants to return to Boca Juniors at the end of next season.

He told Radio Rivadavia: "I'm enthusiastic at the possibility of returning to Boca because I spent just a few months there and I had the bad taste of not having won anything in two seasons.

"Football offers me another chance and I'd like to return.

"My contract ends in 2008 and I'd like to go back to Argentina. The Boca fans are unique."

Solano is a fans' favourite on Tyneside and has impressed this season with the way he has dropped back into a more unfamiliar full-back role.

But it appears he has had enough of the Premiership and is itching for a move back to South America.

He added: "I love Boca. I'd like to go back to Argentina because I love everything there: the passion, the football and the food."

Wasn't Owen actually a boyhood Everton fan?

Just about to say that.

And Celtic.

Dyer and Harper were both for Liverpool.

Emre - Galatasaray

Yeah, his dad played for our reserve team.

He's a total red now though. Saw an interview with him recently where he said he even preferred Man Utd to Everton

Same happened with Fowler didn't it? growing up an Everton fan then changing?

Looks like Nobby likes Boca:

Newcastle midfielder Nobby Solano wants to return to Boca Juniors at the end of next season.

He told Radio Rivadavia: "I'm enthusiastic at the possibility of returning to Boca because I spent just a few months there and I had the bad taste of not having won anything in two seasons.

"Football offers me another chance and I'd like to return.

"My contract ends in 2008 and I'd like to go back to Argentina. The Boca fans are unique."

Solano is a fans' favourite on Tyneside and has impressed this season with the way he has dropped back into a more unfamiliar full-back role.

But it appears he has had enough of the Premiership and is itching for a move back to South America.

He added: "I love Boca. I'd like to go back to Argentina because I love everything there: the passion, the football and the food."

Sure we're on about when they were kids though, sure he won't have supported Boca as a young 'un.

Is Butt not a ManUre fan now?

Nobby supports a small club in Peru, cant remember the name.

Owen was a Everton fan, his dad played for them but he is a red know.

He's got a big Citeh tattoo on his leg, so I doubt it.

Yeah, his dad played for our reserve team.

He's a total red now though. Saw an interview with him recently where he said he even preferred Man Utd to Everton

Same happened with Fowler didn't it? growing up an Everton fan then changing?

Yeah. He changed because of all the stick he got about allegedly liking a line. So did his family.

Steve McManaman is still a blue though and so is his kid.

Guest alex

Nobby supports a team called "the Sport Boys" that is attached to the local University where he grew up... and no I am not taking the p!ss. Many teams in Latin America have silly english names like this.

Deportiva Wanka, while not English, is fairly silly.

Guest Shotgun Mick

Taylor - Newcastle ;)

Shola - Newcastle

Incorrect.

Shola is a Liverpool fan, or at least he was when he was at School.

Myth AFAIK. Was a City supporter growing up for sure, but I think this tattoo thing was just born out of someone looking for a reason he always wears long sleeve shirts.

For what its worth, I don't think many footballers "support" a club. I imagine that once they turn pro, that feeling we all have of wanting our team to win is replaced...altho they will probably have a special place in their heart for the team they supported as a boy. The only exception to this I know is Paul Scholes, who goes to watch Oldham with his kid, and even that is probably not so much support as it is responsible parenting, ie. making sure his son supports someone proper instead of growing up to be a wanker.

Myth AFAIK. Was a City supporter growing up for sure, but I think this tattoo thing was just born out of someone looking for a reason he always wears long sleeve shirts.

For what its worth, I don't think many footballers "support" a club. I imagine that once they turn pro, that feeling we all have of wanting our team to win is replaced...altho they will probably have a special place in their heart for the team they supported as a boy. The only exception to this I know is Paul Scholes, who goes to watch Oldham with his kid, and even that is probably not so much support as it is responsible parenting, ie. making sure his son supports someone proper instead of growing up to be a w******.

Footballers are mercenary cunts. Observe "Once a Blue, Always a Blue" Rooney jumping up and down kissing the United badge at Goodison last week, right in front of the Everton fans. Actually, not necessarily mercenary cunts, just stupid cunts.

When we had Ian Taylor (lifelong Villa fan) playing for us, he was injured for the derby game at St Andrews, but rather than sit in the dugout or some box, was spotted by the tv cameras sat with the rest of the away supporters watching the game.

I'd imagine most players undergo some brainwashing thing where money is the most important thing, and the team they actually supported counts for nowt.

For what its worth, I don't think many footballers "support" a club. I imagine that once they turn pro, that feeling we all have of wanting our team to win is replaced...altho they will probably have a special place in their heart for the team they supported as a boy. The only exception to this I know is Paul Scholes, who goes to watch Oldham with his kid, and even that is probably not so much support as it is responsible parenting, ie. making sure his son supports someone proper instead of growing up to be a wanker.

My City fan mate claims to know either him or an ex of his or something like that - can't remember now, it was ages ago and I haven't seen him for a bit - it might be bullshit, but he seemed pretty certain about it. I thought the tattoo was on his leg, but I might be wrong about that and all.

Duff's gotta be Celtic, surely?

Liverpool I think.

Correct, I believe.

And the notion that people in Ireland support Celtic is toshtastic, at least these days. Everyone is Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal. I know about 3 or 4 people who support anyone outside those clubs.

Was in Dublin last weekend and must have seen about three or four cunts walking around in Sunderland jerseys, really has me worried.

Duff's gotta be Celtic, surely?

Liverpool I think.

Correct, I believe.

And the notion that people in Ireland support Celtic is toshtastic, at least these days. Everyone is Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal. I know about 3 or 4 people who support anyone outside those clubs.

Was in Dublin last weekend and must have seen about three or four cunts walking around in Sunderland jerseys, really has me worried.

My best mate was in Dublin over the weekend and reckons they're absolutely sunderland mad. Knobs.

Rooney is absolute scum for kissing the Man Utd badge at Goodison, fucking little charv scumbag.

In Fowler's autobiography, it says he stopped liking Everton when their fans started throwing pies at hm. :lol:

Surprised to hear Shola was a Liverpool fan if that's true. I'm constantly appalled by the amount of people I see in Newcastle in Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts, young people too rather than university intake or whatever. Their parents want fucking shooting.

I am sure that is one of those urban myths that does the rounds. I have searched Google & it mention by Citeh fans & ManUre fans who all discredit this rumour.

Seems so much of a myth, nobody knows whether its his arm or leg!

Remember Big Dunc havin an Everton Tat...

I'm constantly appalled by the amount of people I see in Newcastle in Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts, young people too rather than university intake or whatever. Their parents want f****** shooting.

I'm clapping in agreement with this. I would rather my kids grew up to be Birmingham City fans than Man United / Chelsea / Liverpool fans, and when i see parents with Chelsea shirt clad kids around here, I genuinely want to give them a slap.

These people who "choose" their club despite them being at the other end of the country, funny how they never choose unsuccessful clubs, isn't it?

They are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Footballers are mercenary c***s. Observe "Once a Blue, Always a Blue" Rooney jumping up and down kissing the United badge at Goodison last week, right in front of the Everton fans. Actually, not necessarily mercenary c***s, just stupid c***s.

Well the Everton fans had been dishing out abuses to Rooney the whole day so I suppose it is only fair if Rooney does something reciprocal. You can't expect a player still loyal to a club if the fans turn on him?

I'm clapping in agreement with this. I would rather my kids grew up to be Birmingham City fans than Man United / Chelsea / Liverpool fans, and when i see parents with Chelsea shirt clad kids around here, I genuinely want to give them a slap.

These people who "choose" their club despite them being at the other end of the country, funny how they never choose unsuccessful clubs, isn't it?

They are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Why? People associate themselves with things/values they could recognise with. Compared to people supporting a club blindly simply because it is local, what's wrong for someone supporting a club because he adores the history, the success and the football of a club?

Pretty sure there are numerous small local clubs other than Birmingham and Aston Villa in Birmingham. Why is it fine for Brummies to skip these small unfasionable local tinies but support the bigger and more successful Aston Villa and Birmingham?