It's Allardyce! (according to THE SUN!)

GM

He did Souness. And the domestic situation was just as dreary, if not worse before that particular summer.

Not after he's sussed him. He got rid.

He only sussed him when three players collided.  bluelaugh.gif

Bugger, thats not going to happen now. They just stand there now, watching oppositiion players run past them, while drooling slightly and rocking gently back and forwards.

He did Souness. And the domestic situation was just as dreary, if not worse before that particular summer.

Not after he's sussed him. He got rid.

He only sussed him when three players collided.  bluelaugh.gif

Bugger, thats not going to happen now. They just stand there now, watching oppositiion players run past them, while drooling slightly and rocking gently back and forwards.

Tbh, i was pretty damned annoyed and disturbed, a la three players colliding, when N'Zogbia and Milner were within feet of each other at one point against Reading. The two alleged wingers.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Something everyone seems to forget about Allardyce is that it took him two seasons before he got Bolton established in the Premiership and could build on it. Would he really get 1-2 seasons at Tyneside before he starts getting results?

Difference there was that Bolton had a pretty s*** team with no money.

We've got a good team with good players and money to spend.

The team is good but lacks in both depth and quallity in some positions and even though the likes of Spurs, Everton, Pompey etc don't have it either they atleast seem to have more patience with their managers and aren't as injury prone as NUFC always seems to be.

And thats another thing you never know if he's good at spending the money. Curbishley got alot of money this january and that hasen't payed of at all for WH. He came to Upton Park after achieving miracles with a shitty Charlton side.

Something everyone seems to forget about Allardyce is that it took him two seasons before he got Bolton established in the Premiership and could build on it. Would he really get 1-2 seasons at Tyneside before he starts getting results?

Difference there was that Bolton had a pretty shit team with no money.

We've got a good team with good players and money to spend.

Wrong and wrong.

Of course he'd need some time.

It took Robson a few seasons to get us sorted, weeding out shite and getting on top of the wage bill. We put up with it because we knew he had a pedigree and we trusted he had a plan.

Allardyce's pedigree is not so illustrious, but if we're buying him it's because he's proven himself over a long period at a club with scant resources. There'd be fuck all point in appointing him if we were demanding instant success.

If does get the job, the best thing he can do at the outset would be to make a kind of Churchillian, "I can offer you nothing but blood, sweat, toil and tears" speech, just so everyone understand it would be a grind before it got better.

There are no instant solutions to a club in our position.

It took Robson a few seasons to get us sorted, weeding out shite and getting on top of the wage bill. We put up with it because we knew he had a pedigree and we trusted he had a plan.

Allardyce's pedigree is not so illustrious, but if we're buying him it's because he's proven himself over a long period at a club with scant resources. There'd be fuck all point in appointing him if we were demanding instant success.

If does get the job, the best thing he can do at the outset would be to make a kind of Churchillian, "I can offer you nothing but blood, sweat, toil and tears" speech, just so everyone understand it would be a grind before it got better.

My point is that tactically and team-selection wise, he could not be as fucking incompetent and damaging as Roeder, so we would automatically improve.

Not saying he's going to be the immediate solution, but automatically we'd get better through not having that wanker in charge.

My point is that tactically and team-selection wise, he could not be as fucking incompetent and damaging as Roeder, so we would automatically improve.

Not saying he's going to be the immediate solution, but automatically we'd get better through not having that wanker in charge.

Yes, I understand and agree. I didn't post the above to disagree with you, but with someone else who said that Allardyce wouldn't get any time here without quick results. With a new manager there's usually a quick upturn followed by a longer settling-in period. Robson had that 8-0, but we didn't finish so strongly that season.

Guest sicko2ndbest

daily mirror

SAM IN A FRED ALERT

By Simon Bird 04/05/2007

More Football

Have your say: Football forum

FREDDY SHEPHERD is facing a legal minefield if he appoints Sam Allardyce as Newcastle boss.

The United chairman is considering bringing in ex-Bolton boss Allardyce at the end of the season but his "baggage" could be a problem.

Shepherd axed assistant boss Kevin Bond in September after he appeared briefly in the BBC's Panorama investigation into bungs in football, and Bond, now Bournemouth boss, is taking legal action.

AdvertisementBut it was Allardyce who was a main target of the Panorama sting, leaving Shepherd with a moral and legal problem over whether to hire him.

Bond left Newcastle accusing Shepherd of sacking him "without any proper investigation into the allegations", adding: "Newcastle have made their decision solely on the basis of a few sentences carefully selected and edited by Panorama."

Both Allardyce and Bond strongly deny all accusations made by the BBC in September, but Bond will find it ironic that the club who sacked him over the programme, are now looking to appoint one of the targets of the documentary.

Shepherd is testing the mood for change on Tyneside and fans' belief in Glenn Roeder, and is casting around for other managerial options.

The need to restore belief has been hastened by Roy Keane's resurrection of Sunderland, and the fear they now have the manager, cash and momentum to become North East No.1 next season

It's quite possible that Allardyce might be prepared to come here, but not to work under Shepherd. He's turned him down before, and the story is that Shepherd wanted Shearer to be part of the interviewing team. Allardyce felt (quite rightly) that a player shouldn't be in that position, and the whole idea wouldn't have impressed him at all.

Since then, Sir Bob's book, which details the meddling way in which Shepherd runs the club, won't have encouraged Allardyce either. From what we can see of Bolton, he likes to run things from top to toe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Allardyce's agent hasn't informed the Halls that he's interested in the job, if there's a change at Boardroom level - and preferably a takeover. There may be a lot going on behind the scenes, and Shepherd's not the only one with any power here.

What gives me most hope than Big Sam will be coming in is that there has been no strong denial from the club. The fat man moved quickly to dispell the Sven rumours a few weeks ago.

A week ago I would say there was a 50/50 chance of Sam being manager for the start of next season now I think it 70/30 in our favour!

I think your being optimistic mate. For me it's closer to 60/40 the other way. However, i'm slowly edging closer to allardyce. I believe we will find something out in the next couple of days. Either fredd will deny it or the rumours will get stronger.

Meanwhile, Roeder is trying to stay focused on United's last two matches despite all the talk that he is going be replaced by Sam Allardyce at the end of the season.   that says it all for me anals line without a denial or rubbishing the storys coming out .

Wasn't it Edwards who said that?

I think with the legal compensation issue this is one we should pay if it means getting sam in.

I mean are we going to trust roeder with another transfer window? Where he's likely to waste the same amount on panic buys?

So i'd say it's worth the risk

There is no legal minefield that is all speculation and Sam probably would have sued the BBC if he had the time and the inclination. The only thing in the way now is Gartside and how much compensation he pushes for.

They probably have an agreement regarding joining another PL club etc...

Its so f*cking predictable - Shepherd will give Roeder a chunk of cash, Roeder will spend it then f*ck up the start of the season, get sacked a few games in and we willl be back to square one, floundering around trying to get a manager with little options by then.

cant see how a potential manager can demand a change in the whole club set up, so he can have a job...

He wouldn't need to put it like that. All he'd have to say is - I'm not working with that prat. It would then be up to the Halls to do something, or not.

Allardyce had turned us down twice before, and there'll be a reason for that.

Look at how Bolton havesuddenly fallen apart without the organisational brilliance of Sam Allardyce.

They could be missing him already - would really demonstrate his managerial ability.

Guest TinoInHiding

Its so f*cking predictable - Shepherd will give Roeder a chunk of cash, Roeder will spend it then f*ck up the start of the season, get sacked a few games in and we willl be back to square one, floundering around trying to get a manager with little options by then.

blueyes.gif

Chris Coleman in by the first week of September

Guest Phil K

I've got to the point I have an "Anyone but Roeder" mentality.

I thought NUFC.com summed it all up about right though.

By God, thats a fine description of many of our players....and an even better one of our manager !