It's Allardyce! (according to THE SUN!)

GM

Sack Roeder, bring Sam in. If there is no improvement within a season and a half sack Sam and start again.  Its the Newcastle way  :tickedoff:

Except Allardyce is a much better manager.

But Pompey boss Harry Redknapp said: ?Newcastle haven?t got a chance of having Sol Campbell ? not a prayer.

?They spoke to him last summer when he left Arsenal but we got him and we?ll be keeping him.?

Why does Redknapp hate us so much?

bad blood between him and roeder.

also, i find it interesting that he says that we did approach campbell in the summer.

Yeah. I dont think Redknapp hates Newcastle as a place or a club, but Roeder was really critical of Redknapp when he took over from him at West Ham and they have never got on since.

Je deteste que Glenn Roeder est l'entraineur a Newcastle United, c'est merde. A mon avis, on peut choisir Allardyce, ce n'est pas mal, mais je prefere Hitzfeld.

Nil points.  FYP

I havent spoken French for four years! sorry.

If Allardyce can't do owt with this club, we really should give up though. He's possibly our last hope of achieving anything of note.

I agree. He'd take us a long way forward; I don't see how anyone could not think that appointing Sam above Roeder would make a worthy impact. Many people believe Babayaro needs replacing (for example) and that £5m would be well spent on a LB. It is without doubt that upgrading to Allardyce from Roeder would be of more benefit to NUFC than that.

Sack Roeder, bring Sam in. If there is no improvement within a season and a half sack Sam and start again.  Its the Newcastle way  :tickedoff:

it confuses me how people cant make the distinction between a competent manager with some form of motivational and tactical ability and a cockney rat in a suit. Its fairly plain to see for me.

Its been quite a few days now and not a word from FS thats gotta be a good sign, Perhaps Roeder has 2 games to save his job. If we lose to BlackBurn and i think we will i can see Roeder sacked and Pearson in charge for the last game and then Big Sam in employed in the Summer.

I dont normally pay much attention to the papers but there must be some truth in it if most papers are saying the same things and sticking to it.

If Allardyce can't do owt with this club, we really should give up though. He's possibly our last hope of achieving anything of note.

I agree. He'd take us a long way forward; I don't see how anyone could not think that appointing Sam above Roeder would make a worthy impact. Many people believe Babayaro needs replacing (for example) and that £5m would be well spent on a LB. It is without doubt that upgrading to Allardyce from Roeder would be of more benefit to NUFC than that.

Agreed.  I expect some people oppose Allardyce on the basis he doesn't produce entertaining football.  I just want to see us progress but then I'm not the one forking out £500+ for the privilege of a seat

Agreed.  I expect some people oppose Allardyce on the basis he doesn't produce entertaining football.  I just want to see us progress but then I'm not the one forking out £500+ for the privilege of a seat

I'm not even sure he would necessarily provide bad football. When they're comfortable Bolton pass the ball around quite nicely; and you have to bear in mind that no team with Bolton's budget is ever going to be doing as consistently well as them whilst paying football that's pleasing on the eye: players that can do that cost big money.

I'm not even sure he would necessarily provide bad football. When they're comfortable Bolton pass the ball around quite nicely; and you have to bear in mind that no team with Bolton's budget is ever going to be doing as consistently well as them whilst paying football that's pleasing on the eye: players that can do that cost big money.

Exactly, look at West Ham and their philosophy on playing "nice" football, did well for a season but they are in real trouble now because despite their spending they arent good enough to pull it off. With the league the way it is you have to be REALLY good to pull off attractive football every season and survive!

Its been quite a few days now and not a word from FS thats gotta be a good sign, Perhaps Roeder has 2 games to save his job. If we lose to BlackBurn and i think we will i can see Roeder sacked and Pearson in charge for the last game and then Big Sam in employed in the Summer.

I dont normally pay much attention to the papers but there must be some truth in it if most papers are saying the same things and sticking to it.

Aye agree with you

Shepherd denied Errickson rumour very quickly and now he is silent about Big Sam when all the newspapers are rumouring the same story over and over again.

If we lose against Blackburn the pressure will be even higher on Roeder and i think that will be the end of him as our manager

Absolutely.  But I had a conversation the other day with someone who said "Geordies always want to see their teams play with style, they'd rather that than win & be bored" & I thought that was interesting.  I did remind them we'd had Dalglish, Souness and Roeder as managers so the chairman wasn't following that line, either about the winning or the playing with style.     

Guest b0f

Absolutely.  But I had a conversation the other day with someone who said "Geordies always want to see their teams play with style, they'd rather that than win & be bored" & I thought that was interesting.  I did remind them we'd had Dalglish, Souness and Roeder as managers so the chairman wasn't following that line, either about the winning or the playing with style.     

I dont think that Bolton have played that bad a football this season, granted in the past theyve played like bullies with no creativity but that was because of limited resources and it worked. Think Allardyce always seams to make the best out of a bad situation.

Dont really like him much but think he would be a good manager here, he wouldnt take any shit off the likes of dyer or zog. Would be a bit annoyed if we dont get him after all of this speculation.

I dont think that Bolton have played that bad a football this season, granted in the past theyve played like bullies with no creativity but that was because of limited resources and it worked. Think Allardyce always seams to make the best out of a bad situation.

Dont really like him much but think he would be a good manager here, he wouldnt take any s*** off the likes of dyer or zog. Would be a bit annoyed if we dont get him after all of this speculation.

Tbh thats a bit of a myth that all they do is play horrible long ball tactics, Ive seen them play some very good football, Like the game against Spurs when they played Spurs off the park but dont get me wrong ive seen the dig in and play some unattractive football but thats a good thing because it means they can grind out a victory.

I find it funny how Bolton gets accused for playing horrible long ball and when Liverpool or Chelsea do it, Its call a long pass.

I think Alladyce is what we need atm.

Quote from: GeJon on Today at 12:31:00 PM

Quote from: Northerngimp on Today at 11:50:27 AM

Sack Roeder, bring Sam in. If there is no improvement within a season and a half sack Sam and start again.  Its the Newcastle way 

it confuses me how people cant make the distinction between a competent manager with some form of motivational and tactical ability and a cockney rat in a suit. Its fairly plain to see for me.

Sam Allyerdyce is a far superior manager to Glenn Roeder, i was having a pop at how our club is managed by the pigs at the top.