It's Allardyce! (according to THE SUN!)

GM

Quote from: GeJon on Today at 12:31:00 PM

Quote from: Northerngimp on Today at 11:50:27 AM

Sack Roeder, bring Sam in. If there is no improvement within a season and a half sack Sam and start again.  Its the Newcastle way 

Except Allardyce is a much better manager.

it confuses me how people cant make the distinction between a competent manager with some form of motivational and tactical ability and a cockney rat in a suit. Its fairly plain to see for me.

Sam Allyerdyce is a far superior manager to Glenn Roeder, i was having a pop at how our club is managed by the pigs at the top.

Ah right, fair enough! :D

Allardyce really is the point on the graph where the lines "chances of newcastle landing him" and "managerial ability" cross.  Mancini or Sven or whomever I think we've got no shot at and alternatives are worse. 

Roeders tenure has been much like Dalglish, bar the fact he hasnt ripped apart our team and replaced it with pap.

He has come into the club when it was imploding from the inside, he has the vision and thinking, just not the ability to manage or make the right tactical decisions.

Allardyce would rightly be an improvement, but if we are getting rid of Roeder is he the best we can get? Come this time next year and we have the same injury woes and we are playing more long ball football than we are presently we will be in the same situation.

Yet again we start from scratch having lost ground on potential signings which will end up with us buying at the end of the window, change in coaches, set up, style of play etc, a squad that will see alot of change yet again because Allardyce doesnt fancy half of it or they dont fancy Allardyce.

Better we do it now than four games into the season, at least we are learning on that front.

I never thought Roeder should be given the job, and i dont blame him for taking it, he has a true love for the club and like SBR he will be out on his ear when he would be better being moved up or elsewhere in the club.

Inconsistency has become a staple at this club, at least we arent straying from tradition.

Bolton play how they need to play.  They play good football against lesser opposition, but if they're playing a team that are simply better than them, they grind out a result how they can.  I'll have no complaints if we're winning.

So hope it happens.

Allardyce would rightly be an improvement, but if we are getting rid of Roeder is he the best we can get?

Realistically?  Yes.  By a fucking mile.  In FM2007 land no.  We would have Mancini in as DoF with Hitzfeld as manager by now. 

George Caulkin writing in The Times, Thursday:

After a Newcastle United campaign that can most charitably be described as underwhelming, Sam Allardyce’s sudden availability has focused minds at St James’ Park. While Freddy Shepherd, the Newcastle chairman, is understood to have informed Glenn Roeder at a training-ground meeting on Friday that his position was secure until the start of next season, options are being considered carefully.

Sources close to the Newcastle boardroom have repeatedly played down suggestions that Allardyce’s unexpected resignation from Bolton Wanderers had immediate ramifications for their club, but those denials have not prevented rumours from pervading Tyneside. At the same time, the team’s lowly status does not assist Roeder’s job security.

With Allardyce intent on enjoying a rare break from management with a family holiday and Phil Gartside, the Bolton chairman, insisting that his club will seek compensation should the 52-year-old find new employment – “don’t forget that he has 2½ years left on his contract,” he said – developments are unlikely before the end of the season.

Newcastle have two league matches to play, at home to Blackburn Rovers on Saturday and away to Watford on the final day, but time is short for Roeder to persuade the doubters that he is capable of reversing the club’s fortunes. While the Londoner, a former captain of the team, has assumed the necessary long-term outlook at Newcastle, they are twelfth in the Barclays Premiership and results have been poor.

The 1-0 defeat away to Reading on Monday evening was their sixteenth of an injury-dis-rupted league season, equalling their biggest tally since their promotion to the top division in 1993. They have amassed 42 points, two fewer than in 2004-05 and 1997-98, their worst previous totals, and their past nine Premiership matches have brought just one victory, six points and three goals.

While Allardyce and Roeder share mutual antipathy, they have some similarities. Both have attempted to build clubs on a sound footing, yet Allardyce has a proven record of overachieving at the Reebok Stadium. Even allowing for their medical traumas, Newcastle cannot say the same.

taken from .com, they know something i reckon

Guest graemeh72

taken from .com, they know something i reckon

Well to be honest I think that even Kenny Craig could predict this one...

Sir Alan Oliver has probably already written his "End of the Roed" article ..... drum roll ....kerching!

I've spent that long praying we get him that I can see FFS giving Rodent a renewed contract extention and handing him our last 10-15 mill to spend this summer. Or maybe I've just had a really bad day at work.

long term planing, modern training methods, good transfer record, gets the best out of players and a proven track record - Makes total sense really!

So....not going to happen in other words! Anything what makes sense IRL goes upside down at Newcastle for the last decade

Guest Knightrider

Big Sam will clearly be in a job come the summer, we know that much, which is why he's getting his hols out the way now... that and to get out of the firing line of "any truth in the Newcastle/City rumours Sam"? questions from reporters.

Guest BooBoo

Oliver loves to scotch a tabloid rumour, so the fact that he hasnt poured cold water on  this one speaks volumes. I hope.

If the club dont deny it on the website then surely its true?

I know the club likes putting the nail in most rumours coffins but what if the club believe that any denial would not stop speculation as he is now available and we have wanted him before. I just wish the season was over and we knew where we stood, obviously a season with the rat would be disasterous to most on here me included but if it is going to happen we need to stop living in the clouds.

Anyone signed up to the Man City forum?

Do they still think he's going there?

Me :laugh:

The talk about Allardyce has died down. 3 reasons.

1. Other things to talk about  :rocky:

2. Nothing in the papers of late about him coming here.

3. Takeover speculation has moved firmly away from Ray Ranson towards Thaksin Shinawatra, and the word is he wants a top european coach for the job.

Guest Knightrider

One big concern of mine is that the Club are using these rumours to spur some kind of excitement and interest from apathetic fans and will milk it so fans renew and buy shirts and such, in the hope that these rumours turn true. Afterall, no-one has denied anything...

/there goes the second guessing pact

One big concern of mine is that the Club are using these rumours to spur some kind of excitement and interest from apathetic fans and will milk it so fans renew and buy shirts and such, in the hope that these rumours turn true. Afterall, no-one has denied anything...

/there goes the second guessing pact

I am 90% sure it's on.