Other Clubs' new kits

Tom_NUFC

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/SpursKit2_468x414.jpg

dunno if its fake. Said to be something special for the clubs 125th anniversary, so why not.. :)

Spurs or Blackburn?

Quite like that blue though, tbh

Supposedly 3rd kit.  Someone suggested a chant of "Are you Blackburn in disguise" when they wore it.  Bit of a shit disguise like, if I was the Blackburn squad and wanted to be in disguise I certainly wouldn't pick half-white half-blue footy strips to walk around in.

That Inter shirt pisses on their history man. They were founded to be an all-Italian club, created in protest at the way Milan was founded and created by English people.

You've got it the wrong way round there man. Inter were always designed to provide a platform for foreign talent, hence their name. Also, apparently, according to wiki:

During the Fascist era, the name "Internazionale" was not looked upon kindly, and the club played as Ambrosiana, wearing white shirts emblazoned with a red cross.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_Milan

Aye. 'Inrenazionale' was regarded by the Fascists as having Communist conotations so they became renamed Ambrosiana after the Milanese saint, Ambrosio.

Other Italian teams also underwent name changes in the Fascist period.

Furthermore, before Mussolini came to power, the Italians called the sport "Football" taking the name directly from English. The Fascists then set about 'Italianising' the game, seeing it as a direct successor to the Medieval Italian game of Calcio Storico (still played in Florence each summer). Therefore the sport in Italy was renamed Calcio, and obviously this has stuck.

Milan and Genoa were forced to switch from their English names to the Italian, Milano and Genova

These sort of things occurred in other dictatorships.

In Spain, Franco went about marginalising all signs of non Castillian cultures. Regions with their own languages, such as Catalonia and the Basque provinces were regarded as Anti-Spanish, and had been bastions of the Republican forces until the end of the Spanish Civil War. Their languages and Cultures were prohibited and the two clubs, seen as focal points of these two areas underwent name changes. Athletic Bilbao became Atletico Bilbao. Barcelona's name change was more subtle. The Catalan, FC Barcelona (Futbol Club Barcelona) was replaced by the Castillian CF Barcelona (Club de Futbol Barcelona).

Franco also attempted to change the name of the sport. Futbol, being just a Hispancised spelling of Football. He prefered (though didn't invent) the Spanish Balompie (Balon/Balom = Ball, Pie = Foot). Balompie is used instead of Futbol in the title of some Spanish teams, such as Real Betis.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs got a chinese sponsors? I didnt know that.

I guess its just Mansion trying to break into the Asian market.

Guest kingdawson

looks s***

nah i like it tbh :thup:

looks s***

nah i like it tbh :thup:

Unfortunately, it looks a lot better than our cheap effort.

There are so teams out there with decent adidas designs and we end up with the worst one.

Guest Ridzuan

You can have the best design in the country,but if your team cant play good football and win matches,there is no use.

Guest kingdawson

You can have the best design in the country,but if your team cant play good football and win matches,there is no use.

Who's that directed at?

Guest Ridzuan

Who's that directed at?

Not any team specifically.Im talking about all the teams in general.

Guest kingdawson

Who's that directed at?

I agree but isnt that pretty obvious?

Guest Ridzuan

Who's that directed at?

I agree but isnt that pretty obvious?

Well if you think that way,its up to you.But as I said earlier,Im not directing it at any club.Just stating what my views are on having new kits.