The one and only 'Who should be captain?' thread

KaKa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest 22bnw

I doubt Cacapa can speak English because he hasn't taken part in a Newcastle World interview - only a written one on .cock.

In terms of leading by example when it comes to attitude and work rate James Milner wouldn't be the worlds worst shout, though I doubt he'd be vocal enough, or playing enough to get it.

I dont rate him as captain yet but everything you have said is FACTALICIOUS!

Guest Toonie

It explains your lack of originality and stupidity?

Hey - I'm not the drip who has just spent the last petulant ten minutes going back 4 months trying to find captains posts ! :laugh:

yeah because its a lot of effort to type in captain in the search feature

It explains your lack of originality and stupidity?

Hey - I'm not the drip who has just spent the last petulant ten minutes going back 4 months trying to find captains posts ! :laugh:

yeah because its a lot of effort to type in captain in the search feature

Has this merge captain thread been cleared with Toonie?   :shifty:

We don't want him posting numbers at us!

Guest 22bnw
Cacapa also added that it will help to have fellow French speakers in the Magpie dressing room with David Rozehnal already acting as a part-time interpreter for the Toon new boy at the club's training ground this week.

He said: "I've spoken to David Rozehnal since I arrived and it will help because there are so many people in the dressing room who speak my French such as Geremi, Charles N'Zogbia and Nobby Solano speaks Spanish.

"But I will try my best to learn the language and I hope to settle quickly in Newcastle."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1084665,00.html

Cacapa definitely doesn't speak English.

Guest Verlaine

Three months since the poll started and now only one week until the start of season. How about I refresh the poll, adding more players to the list?

I think that's vital. Can't underestimate the importance of polls like this.

Geremi for me.  He has come from a team that have won the premiership twice.

You need a leader who knows how to win things - he certainly does.  I would go for him as he is more likely to play more than Butt (given his versatility).

Otherwise, it would be Butt for me.  You need a winner.

What the hell, for the record, this was the result in the previous poll:

Nicky Butt  - 67 (21.2%)

Steven Taylor - 68 (21.5%)

Shay Given - 59 (18.7%)

Emre - 9 (2.8%)

Nobby Solano - 44 (13.9%)

Joey Barton - 36 (11.4%)

Michael Owen (if still here) - 10 (3.2%)

Other - 23 (7.3%)

I'm pretty sure Setanta confirmed Geremi as club captain today.

It wasn't so much "Geremi is captain for the match" but "Geremi is club captain".

I saw that (and started a thread :D), but it disappeared sharpish. I wonder if they jumped the gun slightly.

Geremi it is then. :lol:

Seems the safest bet, think Barton might well have challenged him for it if not for the legal issue over him and now also his injury. Not sure Taylor is ready yet, if he has a bad run of form it will become a huge anchor on him.

Geremi comes from a Premiership winning club, is vastly experienced in football throughout Europe and is still in the prime of his career, still only aged 28. Good solid pro also, with the way he's played himself into a starting spot in CM this pre-season he's become the obvious choice.

Allardyce said he wanted his captain to step forward and reveal himself, and Geremi has done that brilliantly. Best of luck to him if he gets it.