Sidwell joins Chelsea

stozo

according to Reading local paper Chelsea offered him a 4 year deal but he only wants a 2 year one.Now in Las Vegas and will wait until he comes back before making a decision.

HTT-Sorry but most Reading fans think it is a money thing-He does have a wife and child to consider.

You taking the piss. His wife and child are hardly going to die because he decided to take newcastles 45k a week as asposed to chelseas 60k.

How much do you think Kevin Doyle is worth now btw? Next season will be massive in his career.

Kevin Doyle is class IMO, I've seen Reading a few times this season and all he needs is to add a bit of steel to his silky skills. Sure he'll have a great season next year.

Nugent about £4-5m, Bent around the £8-10m (as he's done it for a second season), Martins about the same as Bent (as he's done it in Europe and did decent enough here...although would probably go for more than that due his his reputation at Inter).

To be fair to Sidwell, it makes a change a player not taking the easy option, getting a nice big contract and settling for the bench at Chelsea, and going for the shorter option which would give him the chance to leave the club if he feels he's not getting a chance.

Guest Sniffer

If doyle is worth 15 mill then Michael Owen is worth 25 mill. I'd bet he'll score more goals than Doyle next season wherever he is ( but hopefully at Newcastle )

How are hardly going to struggle on £25k a week :lol:

Even with the overinflated prices Doyle isn't worth anything near £15m. You mentioned Johnson at £8m but he had done as well as Doyle had. We signed Owen who has proven over a number of years that he can do it at all levels for £16m so there is no way Doyle is worth £15m!

To be fair to Sidwell, it makes a change a player not taking the easy option, getting a nice big contract and settling for the bench at Chelsea, and going for the shorter option which would give him the chance to leave the club if he feels he's not getting a chance.

and he'll get a big bosman signing on fee this summer

and a big bosman signing on fee in 2 summers time

Thats nice planning!

I'd imagine over the long-term, he'd get a helluva lot more money with one signing-on fee at Chelsea, with £60k a week for 4-years, than he what he would get with two signing-on fees with £60k for 2 years, and a lot less than that at his next club. (no way would he get £60k anywhere else but Chelsea)

Having an argument with a mate telling him he shouldn't believe everything he reads in the papers. If anyone is bored today could they find some of the numerous articles from a few weeks ago claiming Sidwell had agreed to sign for Newcastle? If not I will look over the weekend, cheers :)

I can't see how Sidwell is going to get a regular place (or even an occasional place) at Chelsea in competition with Ballack, Lampard, Essien and Makelele in the centre midfield. The most plausible idea I've heard is that Chelsea will lose some players to the African Nations Cup next season, and Sidwell is only cover for that.

I think he's a good player though, and just what we need. Career-wise, he'd be far better off with us.

I can't see how Sidwell is going to get a regular place (or even an occasional place) at Chelsea in competition with Ballack, Lampard, Essien and Makelele in the centre midfield. The most plausible idea I've heard is that Chelsea will lose some players to the African Nations Cup next season, and Sidwell is only cover for that.

I think he's a good player though, and just what we need. Career-wise, he'd be far better off with us.

and Diarra and Mikel, with the addition on Sidwell thats 7 players fighting for 2 positions so I reckon Sidwell would be lucky to even make the bench let alone the starting 11!