Its Ramos or Hughes

SUPERTOON

Hughes, Alladayce, Klinsmann, Erikkson - FORGET THEM, they wont do be a success here

Ramos, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Koeman, Hiddink, Hitzfeld...yep.

:lol: love the randomness.

Theres as much chance of Mourinho coming when he leaves Chelsea, as there is Van Gaal and Ramos leaving their clubs to come to the toon!

Some people need to take a reality check, you would think some people have just woken up from the coma they fell into when SBR had just finished the season in 5th with some of the comments in this thread!

Guest Steven_MB

I heard that Ramos doesn't speak english well, but I'm sure I saw it in a paper ages ago that he was learning, (probs for a club bettter than us). Didn't Klinnesmann turn down chelsea definately a while ago when Abramovich ''aparently'' asked him, if so do we have any chance also, Los angeles or Newcastle, whre would you prefer to live? and Bayern would get him before us.

Hughes? Fuck off.

blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif

What's wrong with Hughes? Just because the last manager we got from Blackburn was shite doesn't mean this one is...

REALLY?!

Good manager but not that good.

I'd take Hughes before Eriksson any day

I had take you to the nearest hospital any day of the week

I must say I am utterly devastated that my opinion is treated with derision by such a knowledgable fan with an encyclopaedic grasp on all facets of the game as yourself. I think I'm going to top myself...

Hughes, Alladayce, Klinsmann, Erikkson - FORGET THEM, they wont do be a success here

Ramos, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Koeman, Hiddink, Hitzfeld...yep.

:lol: love the randomness.

Theres as much chance of Mourinho coming when he leaves Chelsea, as there is Van Gaal and Ramos leaving their clubs to come to the toon!

'fraid so.

...but we ARE a big club, though.......loyalest football supporters........likes of Dyer, world class.......world famous club.....

in fact, i'm shocked Jose hasn't jacked in at Chelsea and come here! Don't know why he's bothering himself with the likes of Lampard, Ballack, Mikel and Essien, when there are Top England International Talents like Dyer, Parker, Ameobi and Emre to work with!! The damned crazy Portugee!!!

Juande Ramos is a dream candidate tbh, don't think Shepherd has the balls to appoint him though.

Hughes is another excellent candidate, I'd much rather have him than Allardyce tbh

Hughes? Fuck off.

blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif blueyes.gif

What's wrong with Hughes? Just because the last manager we got from Blackburn was shite doesn't mean this one is...

REALLY?!

Good manager but not that good.

I'd take Hughes before Eriksson any day

I had take you to the nearest hospital any day of the week

I must say I am utterly devastated that my opinion is treated with derision by such a knowledgable fan with an encyclopaedic grasp on all facets of the game as yourself. I think I'm going to top myself...

I doubt Hughes will achieve what Ericksson achieved at club level.

That's nice.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? There's a jackpot lottery on next week...

:lol: :lol:

Unless he takes Man Utd after Ferguson quits i doubt that he will win the Uefa cup and reach the final of the Champions league

Dont you agree? :thup:

That's nice.

Unless he takes Man Utd after Ferguson quits i doubt that he will win the Uefa cup and reach the final of the Champions league

yeah, cos only Man Utd ever do that.

That's nice.

No but he has the biggest chance of going there rather then going to Chelsea or Liverpool

I cant see him wining the Uefa cup with Blackburn

Just my humble opinion.

I don't know why anyone who saw England play under Erikkson would want him here. The mans got no balls and his substitutions are terrible.

Hughes will become a top manager one day, it seems.

Agree with this.

Juande Ramos is a dream candidate tbh, don't think Shepherd has the balls to appoint him though.

Maybe he doesn't want to take over a crappy football team?

That's nice.

No but he has the biggest chance of going there rather then going to Chelsea or Liverpool

Just my humble opinion.

we are not hiring that your Idol so jump off his nuts.

That's nice.

Just my humble opinion.

we are not hiring that your Idol so jump off his nuts.

peace

love

I think that'd be a very risky move.

You've got to get (well, FS has got to get) this appointment right. So why take a chance on a foreign manger who, although he may have an excellent record in the very, very different environment of the Primera Liga, may very well fail to settle in the UK and fail to adapt to our game, regardless of his ability.

For every Arsene Wenger there are plenty of Jo Venglos's.

Allardyce is imho the right appointment - he's proven, he's available, and he'd take the job. But I get the impression reading through here that he's seen by many as somehow not quite "glam" enough.

You've got to get (well, FS has got to get) this appointment right. So why take a chance on a foreign manger who, although he may have an excellent record in the very, very different environment of the Primera Liga, may very well fail to settle in the UK and fail to adapt to our game, regardless of his ability.

Allardyce is imho the right appointment - he's proven, he's available, and he'd take the job. But I get the impression reading through here that he's seen by many as somehow not quite "glam" enough.

What is it with you guys, and only wanting "proven" premiership managers??  What exactly has Big Sam proven in the premiership? I fear that Big Sam would be something simular to O'Leary. He does a GREAT job as long as he doesnt have money, but when he gets money he buys shite players.

We have a history of appointing "proven" premiership managers, and it fail most of the time. You got Dalglish, Gullit, Souness and Roeder, did they succeed here?? No, they didnt. So why cant we try to find the next Wenger, Benitez or Mourinho?  No, we need a manager that has a premiership history, or has a English nationality. We rather go for shite, than pick a class foreign manager...

I think we should get the best manager that we can get, no mather what nationality, or what league he comes from.  I think we should look for a manager who has good connections around the world, and can attract quality players. A manager who can build a winning team, and has his own staff(because ours sucks). We need a manager who knows tactics, and can teach our player to play his tactics(like Benitez, and wenger for their clubs).

Isnt Jose Pekerman available? He is one of the few Great managers we could attrackt here. He knows talented players in south america, as he just to work for the Argentinian Under 20 and Under 17. He did well with the Argentina Nationalside in the world cup, they played good football, and has the balls to dropp "star" players. 

What is it with you guys, and only wanting "proven" premiership managers??  What exactly has Big Sam proven in the premiership? I fear that Big Sam would be something simular to O'Leary. He does a GREAT job as long as he doesnt have money, but when he gets money he buys s**** players.

We have a history of appointing "proven" premiership managers, and it fail most of the time. You got Dalglish, Gullit, Souness and Roeder, did they succeed here?? No, they didnt. So why cant we try to find the next Wenger, Benitez or Mourinho?  No, we need a manager that has a premiership history, or has a English nationality. We rather go for s****, than pick a class foreign manager...

I think we should get the best manager that we can get, no mather what nationality, or what league he comes from.  I think we should look for a manager who has good connections around the world, and can attract quality players. A manager who can build a winning team, and has his own staff(because ours sucks). We need a manager who knows tactics, and can teach our player to play his tactics(like Benitez, and wenger for their clubs).

Isnt Jose Pekerman available? He is one of the few Great managers we could attrackt here. He knows talented players in south america, as he just to work for the Argentinian Under 20 and Under 17. He did well with the Argentina Nationalside in the world cup, they played good football, and has the balls to dropp "star" players.  

I think people are just being realistic.  Firstly most star foreign managers won't come to us, they want to work with the top teams and/or live in London and secondly very few foreign managers outside of London actually produce the goods.  I can only think of Benitez off the top of my head who has. 

We can all make fantasy shortlists but imo Freddy will only go for someone who has both a track record and premiership experience.  He might stretch to SVE on the basis he understands the English game.  I don't doubt you have a wide knowledge of world football but I wouldn't assume the same of our chairman.  Imo the only way we'll get the next Wenger is if he's already working at the club when the next  manager gets sacked.

So we're more likely to get Gordon Strachan than Jose Pekerman.  Big Sam doesn't look so bad all of a sudden.