Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Guest Gemmill

He was alright yesterday.  I'm surprised we haven't gone more overboard on here with him scoring the penalty. :razz: Telling that no fucker goes over to celebrate with him though - I know it's a friendly, but they all just trudged back to the halfway line, only Martins celebrated with him, and Geremi shook his hand as an afterthought.  Strange.

Shame he went off injured though cos he needs to be getting as many minutes on the pitch as possible pre-season.  I still wouldn't want to see him starting for us in the Premiership yet btw.  Sorry, but I think once Viduka and Owen are fit, Luque sits on the bench until further notice.

He was alright yesterday.  I'm surprised we haven't gone more overboard on here with him scoring the penalty. :razz: Telling that no fucker goes over to celebrate with him though - I know it's a friendly, but they all just trudged back to the halfway line, only Martins celebrated with him, and Geremi shook his hand as an afterthought.  Strange.

Shame he went off injured though cos he needs to be getting as many minutes on the pitch as possible pre-season.  I still wouldn't want to see him starting for us in the Premiership yet btw.  Sorry, but I think once Viduka and Owen are fit, Luque sits on the bench until further notice.

I noticed no-one celebrated with him as well, but didn't pay attention after Carroll's goal, was that much different?

Guest Gemmill

I noticed no-one celebrated with him as well, but didn't pay attention after Carroll's goal, was that much different?

Yeah, he was pretty much swamped.  That could be because he's a kid though, so I'm not sure whether that really gives a fair comparison, but it just looked weird when they all trudged off leaving Luque celebrating with just Martins.

Yeah, he was pretty much swamped.  That could be because he's a kid though, so I'm not sure whether that really gives a fair comparison, but it just looked weird when they all trudged off leaving Luque celebrating with just Martins.

Watching highlights from other friendlies on SSN, seems like all the other teams weren't really celebrating either.

We'll see if he scores in the Prem.

Think it was more a case of Luque over-celebrating what was only a penalty in a friendly. Perhaps if it was a UEFA Cup game and he'd done that it would have been different.

Guest Gemmill

Think it was more a case of Luque over-celebrating what was only a penalty in a friendly. Perhaps if it was a UEFA Cup game and he'd done that it would have been different.

Aye he basically jumped up and punched the air though.  It's not like he was dancing with the corner flag or anything.

He was hardly over celebrating though, he just kind of stood there.

I mean the way he ran towards the fans when all he'd done was stuck away a penalty. Anyone else would have probably just headed back to the halfway line given the fact it was only a friendly.

May be harsh but apart from taking his penalty well he was fairly anonymous (nice touch to Milner for the pen).

He played ok in the first 15-20 minutes, challenged well in the air, won a few decent flick on headers and generally looked more confident.  After that he seemed to do less and less as the minutes went by before being taken off.  Seems that he must have gotten the injury earlier but tried to play on for a bit before deciding that he couldn't continue.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

like i keep saying, i dont care if he disappears in games, if he scores, then its worth it, ala van nistelrooy, was crap as a player, didnt close down, poor first touch, no pace, didnt move outside the box really

like i keep saying, i dont care if he disappears in games, if he scores, then its worth it, ala van nistelrooy, was crap as a player, didnt close down, poor first touch, no pace, didnt move outside the box really

Is this a wind-up btw?

Guest Gemmill

Is this a wind-up btw?

I suspect not. :lol:  This is the line that the Luque fanboys are now taking.  "Ok so you were right, he actually IS crap.  But he scores goals!"

Is this a wind-up btw?

I suspect not. :lol:  This is the line that the Luque fanboys are now taking.  "Ok so you were right, he actually IS crap.  But he scores goals!"

The only people changing there story are the Luque haters with there new line being "Ok so you were right, he actually can score goals, but they weren't great goals so they don't count..." :lol:

Guest Gemmill

Is this a wind-up btw?

The only people changing there story are the Luque haters with there new line being "Ok so you were right, he actually can score goals, but they weren't great goals so they don't count..." :lol:

That would have been a good post if anyon had said anything remotely like that.  As things stand though, it's fucking shite!

Anyone see him fk off after the game? we passed him as we were walking through the car park on the way out, he has shirt in hand face like an arse heading for his car, then as we were walking up Barrick road he passed us in his Porsche heading towards the BBC.

More than likely  him in a huff again as he did not get a game.