Albert Luque (now retired)

James

I think you know **** all about why i am not pro-Luque.

Sorry I have lost interest discussing with you.

Oh, thats a shame, because your absolutely groundless statement about why i didn't like Luque, in total disregard for the numerous reasons i had already given, made me REALLY interested in discussing stuff with you.  bluelaugh.gif

I doubt you've even seen him play for us in the flesh, but you seem qualified to speak about the way he plays. Let me guess, you think you can get as good an idea from the TV? Wrong.

You're acually saying that your point is more valid because you see the game in flesh? That has got to be dumbest remark i have read

Oh, thats a shame, because your absolutely groundless statement about why i didn't like Luque, in total disregard for the numerous reasons i had already given, made me REALLY interested in discussing stuff with you.  bluelaugh.gif

I doubt you've even seen him play for us in the flesh, but you seem qualified to speak about the way he plays. Let me guess, you think you can get as good an idea from the TV? Wrong.

You're acually saying that your point is more valid because you see the game in flesh? That has got to be dumbest remark i have read

No, what i'm saying is that you get a much better view of what is going on in a game, positionally, off the ball, of the game in total, live that on TV. Thats fucking obvious.

Let's break that post down by NM.

1 Roeder was tasked with fixing the massive mistakes of Souness -

2 who certain people on this Board wanted to stay!!! -

3 and he did so very well.

4 In doing so, he largely overlooked Luque.

5 That was clearly his choice,

6and bearing in mind what he achieved, we have to support him in that.

7 We don't know why Luque isn't getting played. None of us do.

8 But based on what we've seen on the pitch, he's not particularly been worth playing any further.

9 He hasn't been a good buy, tough shit.

10 Lets move on and get someone on with the DESIRE to play,

11 as well as aibility.

12 Someone like BEllamy......oh, dear.....

I agree with all 12 points there,  can't believe someone agrees ONLY with point #12.

First of all, I'm glad you've chucked the "he sucks in training" hypothesis into the dustbin where it deserves to be. 2nd, in case u have not realized, we fundamentally disagree on point 8. U feel he has been poor and a few of us think he has done ok and has justified his place at least to be on the bench, moreover 90 minutes spread over 6 games in bits and pieces is not sufficient to fully appraise a player. Until he gets a reasonable run in the team, we'll never know what he can/cannot do. If we gave loads of opportunities to Shola even when he was horrible, why cant we give 10% of that amount of chances to Luque to prove himself especially as we know that he had 3 good seasons in Depor before coming over (not base on highlight reel mind you)?

Alternatively we can chuck him now for a big loss, buy and expensive player to partner Owen upfront, then you and NE5 can say that the board is just showing 'ambition' despite the fact that we will be taking another giant stride towards financial oblivion.

No, what i'm saying is that you get a much better view of what is going on in a game, positionally, off the ball, of the game in total, live that on TV. Thats fucking obvious.

Any need to swear in every other post? There's not really any need for it most of the time.

Any need to swear in every other post? There's not really any need for it most of the time.

What are you, the swearing police? None of your business if i swear or not, i think?

You obviously think you are "better" qualified to have an opinion in the matter because you attend the games. Remember, we see a fair bit on the tele that you in the stands don't see. As i said, i don't even know what side of the argument you are on, but you're argument just makes me sick

You obviously think you are "better" qualified to have an opinion in the matter because you attend the games. Remember, we see a fair bit on the tele that you in the stands don't see. As i said, i don't even know what side of the argument you are on, but you're argument just makes me sick

You don't get to see as much of the game on TV, its a simple fact. Teh shape of the teams, the movement, the off the ball play.

But i bet you still feel qualified to give players ratings as if you were there, don't you. Well done.

jesus wept, i don't believe you! I go to games every week here and i know perfectly well the differences between live and tv and yes i do feel EXACTLY as qualified if i watch a game on tv as if i were there. fact. perhaps you need glasses or something if you don't get a good enough look when you're watching games on the tv, it's not like the camera zooms in on the ball all the time or that if you are there at the stadium that you watch what every player without the ball is doing, you pay most of your attention to the man with the ball.

I've never been a regular at league matches away from home, although I will be from next season. What this means is that when judging the performance of a player I'm going to take more notice of the opinion of someone who was at that away match than I am the opinion of someone who wasn't.  The implication of this is obvious. When it comes to making a judgement of a player I believe there is more information on which to base that judgement available to people who go to the match than to those who don't.

Q. Why do people think managers are slated when it turns out that a shite player was signed based on a video? 

Q. Why do peoople think clubs take the trouble to send scouts to watch matches 'live', to assess opposing teams and players?

Do they do these things even though, according to some of you, they could put their feet up in front of the TV and get all this information at the flick of a switch?

By the way,  I've even seen player ratings on this forum based on radio coverage. How daft is that?

Cheers

By the way,  I've even seen player ratings on this forum based on radio coverage. How daft is that?

That is mental  :lol:

Name, shame and give them special dunce avatar!  :winking:

• 1 year later...

im not too bothered whether luque stays or goes but it would be nice to see whether he can make an impact next season under Big Sam

Agreed. Don't hold out much hope but deep down he does have the talent to do something.

Guest firetotheworks

Whats the point in this being bumped. Theres no further news on Luque and ever possible post has been posted on the subject. give it a rest  for a bit eh?

• 2 weeks later...