Albert Luque (now retired)

James

The crosses for Luque's two goals were class, loved the little shuffle Milner did...

But Milner can't cross, apparently :razz:

I agree with O-Nut, suprised he hasn't been more prolific in his career as he seems to have excellent movement and composure in the box, maybe he hasn't been used to his best attributes?

The crosses for Luque's two goals were class, loved the little shuffle Milner did...

But Milner can't cross, apparently :razz:

I agree with O-Nut, suprised he hasn't been more prolific in his career as he seems to have excellent movement and composure in the box, maybe he hasn't been used to his best attributes?

Because he's played on the left wing for a lot of it.

Guest leon b

the thing is im not even that sure if roeder or souness know what to do with him, im sure that souness signed him on a recomendation and roeder just didn't fancy him.

What used to annoy me the most was that glenn used to behave as if he was actually givinf luque a chance but deep down he was never in his plans.Luque can be an assest if he's confident and fit.

What used to annoy me the most was that glenn used to behave as if he was actually givinf luque a chance but deep down he was never in his plans.

Those were token chances. "See, I gave him 10 minutes in February and in March he started a game, he had his chances" kind of attitude. The fact Luque didn't even get reserve games shows he never had a chance in Roeder's mind and we all knew that so I'm sure the player did as well. Even when he scored the winner in Palermo, you knew that was the last you'd see of him for a good while.

There's a different feeling under Sam, you get the feeling these are not 'token' chances but genuine opportunities to stake a claim.

Guest leon b

Spot on! Hopefully he can take the bull by the horns and do the bizz.I think the fact that sam has a knowledge of luque means he's full aware of what albert can do, luque himself seems to have an air of hope which he doesn't seem to have had before.

I've always hoped Luque would come good some day.  He's shown some promise in the last 2 games, and if we were to get 15+ goals from him it would be amazing return next season.

Spot on! Hopefully he can take the bull by the horns and do the bizz.I think the fact that sam has a knowledge of luque means he's full aware of what albert can do, luque himself seems to have an air of hope which he doesn't seem to have had before.

He's a footballer, not a bull fighter.

Interview with him on world...  Still not 100% on the English,  but you can tell he's getting there.  He said he can play as a striker or at left-back.  Surely just a bad translation there?

Interview with him on world...  Still not 100% on the English,  but you can tell he's getting there.  He said he can play as a striker or at left-back.  Surely just a bad translation there?

Just watching it now. That can't be right. :D

Just watching it now. That can't be right. :D

Unless that's where we've been going wrong.

Was some nice link up stuff today, would like to she him running about a bit more getting more stuck in, but these goals can only help his confidence hope injury isnt bad.

Who is the smoking hot girl in your sig?

Hold on, I'll just change it so nobody else has to ask.

Who's that smoking hot bald man in your sig?

No wonder he caught pneumonia