Barton on his way to Toon?

stozo

Barton is just another overrated and overpriced british player. He is not the player to take us forward.

Still - we need a defensive midfielder.

Go for Christian Poulsen from Sevilla, he is definately one of the best around and would be the perfect groundstone for our midfiled.

Out of interest, why do you think he would leave sunny, La Liga challenging, CL qualifying, back-to-back Uefa Cup winners, Sevilla, for us?

Good point, chances arent that good to be honest ;-) !

Still, he is an amazing footballer and he would be excellent in the premiership. I think that he could be attracted to playing in the EPL, I think next season will be amazing in England with so many clubs bolstering their squads this summer. The EPL will be the place to be! Still - If he shows any interest in moving here I think the top 4 clubs would like to join in for the bidding...

Worth a try eeh?

I put in a very itneresting article about Barton's progress in his behaviour and the efforts he has been making but it got lost back there somewhere. Having read the article I must say I am a lot more receptive to him coming to Newcastle should we show any interest, especially bearing in mind the man we will have in charge.

Did you really?

Hmm, must have mistaken it for that long and boring diatribe.

I put in a very itneresting article about Barton's progress in his behaviour and the efforts he has been making but it got lost back there somewhere. Having read the article I must say I am a lot more receptive to him coming to Newcastle should we show any interest, especially bearing in mind the man we will have in charge.

We dont need another street fighter at the club

We recently got rid of Bowyer

We dont need another like him.

Guest johnson293

We dont need another street fighter at the club

We recently got rid of Bowyer

We dont need another like him.

And we don't need another Willie McKay pay day!!

We just got shot of the last of his players (sib)

Guest Invicta_Toon

We don't need another hero

We don't need to know the way home

All we want is life beyond the thunderdome

We don't need another hero

We don't need to know the way home

All we want is life beyond the thunderdome

Funniest thing you've posted all day, aside from just being annoyingly funny. 

Guest johnson293

Just seen a headline on Sky Sports News (TV) that said.... "Barton In, Parker Out?"

The sound was off so didn't hear the full story.

Nowt online yet.

EDIT: Looks like its probably come from this article in the Manchester Evening News....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1008/1008005_allardyce_plans_barton_raid.html

Guest alex

Purely from a football point of view £8million for Parker and £5.5million for Barton is a good deal. Shame about the non-footballing side of things though.

As much as I think Allardyce could handle him I still think he is too much of a risk.

As said though ability wise a Parker - Barton swap is a good deal for us and the fact we make

money on it makes it even better!

Guest BillyRay Valentine

Purely from a football point of view £8million for Parker and £5.5million for Barton is a good deal. Shame about the non-footballing side of things though.

exactly. might be a chopsy tw@t but if anyone can get him on the straight and narrow its allardyce. plus barton can actually play a decent pass