Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

He's a good lad like.

http://starstorage.blob.core.windows.net/archives/2009/7/24/lifefocus/f_17ferguson.jpg

Charity hoodie and all.

Only has the hoodie because he shouted at them until they gave him one.

He's a good lad like.

http://starstorage.blob.core.windows.net/archives/2009/7/24/lifefocus/f_17ferguson.jpg

Charity hoodie and all.

Only has the hoodie because he shouted at them until they gave him one.

:lol:

Some of you talking about "losing respect for him" is bizarre. The bloke has behaved like this hundreds of times before. It should come as no surprise. My level of respect for him is the same as it was before yesterday – absolute zero. The sooner he is out of football, the better.

Some of you talking about "losing respect for him" is bizarre. The bloke has behaved like this hundreds of times before. It should come as no surprise. My level of respect for him is the same as it was before yesterday – absolute zero. The sooner he is out of football, the better.

Your level of respect for him as a person -  absolute zero. Respect as a manager though?

Your level of respect for him as a person -  absolute zero. Respect as a manager though?

You have to be a person to be a manager. Absolute -10.

Most of his daily being-a-prick duties involve what he does as a manager.  He might be a decent person, I dunno because I pretty much always see him in his professional role.  But no, I have no respect for him as a manager at all.

Most of his daily being-a-prick duties involve what he does as a manager.  He might be a decent person, I dunno because I pretty much always see him in his professional role.  But no, I have no respect for him as a manager at all.

How can you not respect a man who turned an English club into the biggest club in the World. He's dominated English football, rebuilt world class squads over and over and brought European success to a club who struggled in Europe for the best part of 20 years. He's almost 71 years of age and is still incredibly passionate about the game.

I know how he grinds on everyone else, but his achievements are phenomenal and simply have to be respected.

A bit like Suarez as a player, you can't really tell how succesful he'd be without being an arsehole and attempting to manipulate things to his advantage all the time.  If he hadn't won those titles, other manager/s would have, possibly without being a poisonous, negative influence on the game and the league.

He has won a lot of trophies, that cannot be denied. But for me, a manager – especially a manager of such a big club – should behave with a lot more decorum and respect towards other people in the game. When he acts like a cunt on the touchline, he is manager of Manchester United. When he mouths off in interviews, he is manager of Manchester United. I don't really make a distinction between Ferguson the manager and Ferguson the person because I only know him as the manager of a Premier League club. And in this capacity, he has earned no respect from me whatsoever.

He's a brilliant manager who uses every trick in the book to get results.

He is a twat but more could have been done to stop his antics, instead he is just allowed to get away with it again and again. If being like he is wins him decisions then he will continue to do it.

Absolutely hate the bloke, but as a manager he has no peer, he does everything he can to help his team win (much of it distastefull) but he does what a manager should. I have HUGE respect for him as a manager.

He's a good lad like.

Charity hoodie and all.

hes watching a ref or another manager being interviewed about his cheating there like.

He was a very lucky man to get 4 years to get his first trophy. The Manchester United board at that time, Martin Edwards etc., deserve credit for not blinking and sacking him during the 86-90 period. They were shite then, Fergie looked like the job was too big for him and their local "rivals" Liverpool were easily the best side around. His signings, Neil Webb, Ralph Milne , Mal Donaghy etc, weren't cutting it, yet the board still kept faith with him.

Then he signed the likes of Bruce, Pallister, Hughes and Ince and his fortunes changed. I actually enjoyed the Cup Winners Cup victory, the style that they played with and that it was the first European victory for an English club since the ban ended.

Of course managing to secure Cantona from Leeds and Schmeichel coming in made League titles possible, and it has been since then Ferguson has become the mouthpiece to a club that believes it has a divine right to everything, from its manager all the way down to its fans.  They have more decisions go their way than anyone else. He bullies officials, as do his minions, regularly and nothing is done.

But whilst Ferguson, quite obviously is one of the best managers this country has seen. People forget the Ferguson that spent , spent, spent in his first four years achieving nothing but mockery from fans up and down the country.

He was a very lucky man to get 4 years to get his first trophy. The Manchester United board at that time, Martin Edwards etc., deserve credit for not blinking and sacking him during the 86-90 period. They were shite then, Fergie looked like the job was too big for him and their local "rivals" Liverpool were easily the best side around. His signings, Neil Webb, Ralph Milne , Mal Donaghy etc, weren't cutting it, yet the board still kept faith with him.

Then he signed the likes of Bruce, Pallister, Hughes and Ince and his fortunes changed. I actually enjoyed the Cup Winners Cup victory, the style that they played with and that it was the first European victory for an English club since the ban ended.

Of course managing to secure Cantona from Leeds and Schmeichel coming in made League titles possible, and it has been since then Ferguson has become the mouthpiece to a club that believes it has a divine right to everything, from its manager all the way down to its fans.  They have more decisions go their way than anyone else. He bullies officials, as do his minions, regularly and nothing is done.

But whilst Ferguson, quite obviously is one of the best managers this country has seen. People forget the Ferguson that spent , spent, spent in his first four years achieving nothing but mockery from fans up and down the country.

good post