Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thought it was compulsory to give an interview? SAF bending the rules again?

Doesn't he always? I thought there was some network he never gave post-match interviews to?

BBC.  :lol:

It's definitely compulsory to give the Beeb one. Don't know about UEFA competition. Didn't the club pay all his fines when he boycotted them, anyway? He won't give a s***.

Clubs, especially big ones, don't give 2 shits about fines.

Should make it a points deduction for league games, or a 2-goal head start to the opposition in the next cup game. That'd sort the cunt out.

Always quick to blame others for his own failures.

Except he really hasn't failed this time. He's done an incredible job with that squad and should've got past Madrid. Don't like defending him but there it is.

Always quick to blame others for his own failures.

Except he really hasn't failed this time. He's done an incredible job with that squad and should've got past Madrid. Don't like defending him but there it is.

Pretty fair comment. He has spent some silly money on players that aren't good enough in recent years, though. Good players for Man Utd in the Premier League, but not good enough to win the CL.

http://www.actusports.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/arbitre.gif

:lol:

The reaction to the red card where he got up from his seat and went down to the 4th official was hilarious. Too bad I can't find a gif of the whole moment.

Edit: Found it.

http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/fergie.gif

:memelol:

When all's said and done, he's shown that he's still an exceptional manager. The decision to leave out Rooney was very brave, but his formation and tactics looked to be doing the job until the sending off. And really, player for player, Real are far superior and it should have been a breeze for them.

His welbeck on alonso move was great, not sure why nani played tho guess wanted bit of unpredictability, he had them contained well and it was the red that changed it. Id be fuming if i were him but then again i don't think red was completely preposterous, albeit was very very harsh

When all's said and done, he's shown that he's still an exceptional manager. The decision to leave out Rooney was very brave, but his formation and tactics looked to be doing the job until the sending off. And really, player for player, Real are far superior and it should have been a breeze for them.

True, I don't have any affection for the man but he did another great job. Barring a ridiculous sending off he would be through after an excellent performance.

Guess all he could be criticised for was failing to react to the red card as quickly as Mourinho.

Madrid aren't better player for player.

SAF also uses his squad better, trusts more of them and can make more tactical changes.

You can nearly always name 10 of their starting line-up and 2 substitutions. So you know how to prepare. Mou's had the same first XI for the majority of his time there.

Man U looked the better side for the majority of the tie.

This Man Utd. side is legit, I truly believe it. Only problem is there's 3 or so excellent players that are ageing. Rio-Vidic was excellent.

Guess all he could be criticised for was failing to react to the red card as quickly as Mourinho.

I don't even think he could do much except perhaps remove RVP for a midfielder but that would nullify their counter which would be dangerous with 30 minutes on the clock.

Modric scored a "worldie".

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Modric scored a "worldie".

Who came on as a reaction to the sending off. Poor organisationn control over emotions and the situation meant no one was sure who was suppose to be marking him/closing him down.

Aye Mou acted quickly and that's to his credit. But there wasn't much SAF could do. They where already doing a containing job. Only over move e could've done was to take off RVP for a midfielder but that would've been overly negative with so long to go. 

Carrick I think it was did a decent job with closing Down. Quick bit f movement a shot on the run, in off the post.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye Mou acted quickly and that's to his credit. But there wasn't much SAF could do.

Instead of flapping his arms and getting riled up, he might have wanted to organise his players and refocus their attention on the game, perhaps. Straight away he's allowed that red card to be an excuse, simply by how angry he became and focusing on it for a good 5 minutes.

In the 12 minutes after the booking Real Madrid controlled the game and scored twice. Ferguson was busying getting the crowd hyped on the back of the red card. To me that suggests he didn't know what to do, as he wasn't focused on the game, or studying what changes Real Madrid had pulled on the sub. Perhaps this is being over critical.

Think this picture sums it up nicely. Mourinho prepping Modric. Ferguson flapping his arms 'what to do'.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1745168.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Manchester%20United%20v%20Real%20Madrid%20-%20UEFA%20Champions%20League%20Round%20of%2016-1745168.jpg

Guest icemanblue

Aye Mou acted quickly and that's to his credit. But there wasn't much SAF could do.

Instead of flapping his arms and getting riled up, he might have wanted to organise his players and refocus their attention on the game, perhaps. Straight away he's allowed that red card to be an excuse, simply by how angry he became and focusing on it for a good 5 minutes.

In the 12 minutes after the booking Real Madrid controlled the game and scored twice. Ferguson was busying getting the crowd hyped on the back of the red card. To me that suggests he didn't know what to do, as he wasn't focused on the game, or studying what changes Real Madrid had pulled on the sub. Perhaps this is being over critical.

It would be interesting to see what the reaction would have been for a 'lesser' manager like, oh I don't know, our own?

It would be interesting to see what the reaction would have been for a 'lesser' manager like, oh I don't know, our own?

and 99.9% of the managers on the planet

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Like I said, perhaps I'm being overly critical, but I just always see the 'GET THE CROWD PUMPED' as the last roll of the dice, as if you're out of ideas tactically. All about perceptions, I suppose, but I reckon if that exact same situation had happened (player wrongly sent off), but it was a league game Ferguson wouldn't have acted that way.

You're the manager. You set the tone.