Big Sam versus Keane

Guest Hibbits left foot
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The classic who would win in a fight topic...

This came up on a City forum not so long ago in the aftermath of Barton vs Dabo, tried to work out which City player is the hardest. There were two schools of thought. One - Someone massive like Dunne or Distin (Or shall we say, the Allardyce school) or two - the mentalists - Barton, or my nomination, Paul Dickov (Or, the Roy Keane school). Since I'm of the opinion that no footballers really know how to fight (Anyone seen Franny Lee vs Norman Hunter?) I would have to go to whoever has the most experience, the most heart, and the shortest fuse. Keane, a former boxer, a born winner, and a mentalist t***, would clean Allardyce out IMO.  :rocky:

Come to think of it, we don't have one 'hard man' in our entire squad.

Keane would win pretty easy, if we're taking this whole thing literally.

We don't have a player who you'd say would obviously be a great fighter in our team. All the tenacious ones are quite small, while the big fuckers we have seem a bit soft.

Martins would probably be useful in a fight.

Gooch could punch the snot out of 99% of the league tbh.

Was gonna mention him, but he's not really our player anymore.

Keane's s*** scared of Shearer man.

Never mind the imposing figure of Sam Allardyce.

Good call on the Cruft's winner!

So, where'd ya get the username then?  :lol:

bout the first chant I learned as a kid coming to games other than "Newcastle Newcastle" and whatnot.

I knew the Andy Cole song but I was a bit small to be going to games then!

This came up on a City forum not so long ago in the aftermath of Barton vs Dabo, tried to work out which City player is the hardest. There were two schools of thought. One - Someone massive like Dunne or Distin (Or shall we say, the Allardyce school) or two - the mentalists - Barton, or my nomination, Paul Dickov (Or, the Roy Keane school). Since I'm of the opinion that no footballers really know how to fight (Anyone seen Franny Lee vs Norman Hunter?) I would have to go to whoever has the most experience, the most heart, and the shortest fuse. Keane, a former boxer, a born winner, and a mentalist t***, would clean Allardyce out IMO.  :rocky:

We don't have a player who you'd say would obviously be a great fighter in our team. All the tenacious ones are quite small, while the big fuckers we have seem a bit soft.

:undecided:

Still tough as sticks though  :thup:

Craig Moore? I bet he's had a few scuffles. :parky:

Craig Moore? I bet he's had a few scuffles. :parky:

True, but he's off as well this summer.

Long term we're fucked if a mass fight breaks out.

:undecided:

Still tough as sticks though  :thup:

If Big Sam landed first it would be over in 20 secs.

If only Mick Harford was still playing...

*only bloke never to get the famous Wimbledon initiation ritual*

I just love the fact that Vinny Jones was shit scared of him, I hate Vinny Jones.

If only Mick Harford was still playing...

*only bloke never to get the famous Wimbledon initiation ritual*

I just love the fact that Vinny Jones was shit scared of him, I hate Vinny Jones.

The whole lot of them were by all accounts. Jones, Fash, Eric Young - the whole lot. Magic.  :cheesy:

Ogoofy Onyewu? He's hardly a Shearer or Keane.

no, he's not.  but i'd still match him up w/ anyone in the epl in a throwdown.  not sayin' he'd win 'em all, but don't think too many would fancy crossing him twice.    btw, is it nailed on that he's gone?  for sentimental reasons i was hoping he'd get one of those clean slates everyone's been discussing.

This whole thread reads like one of those playground conversations you would have as a kid, that would start off with "what does your dad do?" and end with "my dad's bigger than your dad", "well my dad's stronger than yours", "no he isn't!", "yes he is!" etc...

Homoerotastic.

Titus would be useful in an all-in brawl.  He may punch the lights out of a few of his own team mates, but he's too dumb to know when he's beaten, so he'd just keep getting up.