5 released

Dokko

Mistake letting Bramble go IMO. For all his faults he's currently the best defender we have, loyal to the club, and no bother off the field. Even if you think (as most do) that Taylor is better, he's easily the second best.

Mistake letting Bramble go IMO. For all his faults he's currently the best defender we have, loyal to the club, and no bother off the field. Even if you think (as most do) that Taylor is better, he's easily the second best.

AM in agreement here mate, but its signaling that he's obviously got someone else to replace him who he thinks is better, if its his own freebie of Ben Haim then Bramble had to go.

Guest deathwish

Mistake letting Bramble go IMO. For all his faults he's currently the best defender we have...

Jesus Christ

Guest Sniffer

If Bramble agreed a new contract then I'd have kept him as well but not as first choice. Sam might have been able to increase his confidence and improve his concentration. Still relatively young for a central defender.

Pretty funny to think of Shepherd saying to Sam 'Right, first thing is these new contracts. Any thoughts?'

'Fuck them.'

:lol:

Good start to get rid of some deadwood in the first day.

Guest BigAl2

Brambles time finally run out, he has had enough chances it is a shame in a way as there is no doubting his physical attributes but he will never master the mental side of the game and that has been obvious for a couple of years now.

He has had some great games Inter Milan away springs to mind but even then he let Vieri away for a second to get a headed goal.

Defence is our priority, has needed strengthening and organising for far too long (pre Keegan) with some decent additions and maybe even more leaving perhaps we can get on the right track.

After the defence lets sort out our Munchkin midfield, we have no physical presence in that department and I for one am hoping that Dyer might be going the same way as Bramble get rid of the bad eggs whoever they are.

Guest Knightrider

I wasn't one of those who got on Bramble's back and still consider him to be a useful squad player at most but peddling him to me says something else, that the culture of failure won't be tolerated any more. Bramble has had lots of time under many coaches now yet hasn't improved so this is kind of like Big Sam/the club now saying we won't be putting up with this any more. Great start.

Guest teepee

147 (10) matches to prove himself - how many has luque had  :lol:

seriously though, good news that he is off - we need to rebuild from the back and up, and bramble simply isn't good enough for a club aiming at the top 6!

I never really got on his back either, but it's still a relief he's gone.  He's part of the old, like the very old.  Like you say, he's had enough managers to try and make him work, so for his sake as much as anyone's, it's a good thing that he's been released. 

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Glad he is gone! Now we just have to find a good replacement who can play beside Taylor and help him improve even further!

I wasn't one of those who got on Bramble's back and still consider him to be a useful squad player at most but peddling him to me says something else, that the culture of failure won't be tolerated any more. Bramble has had lots of time under many coaches now yet hasn't improved so this is kind of like Big Sam/the club now saying we won't be putting up with this any more. Great start.

Agree :thup:

Hopefully he can get Sol Campball to partner Steven Taylor.

Bramble, Moore, Gooch and Bernard gone...............thats the deadwood out of the way.

Incoming sounds like Ben Haim, Campbell and Lloyd Samuel to replace them at little cost. Babayaro can stay as back up so all we really need in defence is a decent right back. Youngsters like Taylor, Huntingdon and Edgar will only improve beside the likes of Campbell. I wouldnt mind offering 3 million to Sheffield United for Jagelika as well.

If we got Sidwell in to the midfield at no extra cost, that is an added bonus.

Add Viduka up front and we have strengthen ed the squad throughout without spending much money at all. Of course, it would be a huge bonus if Owen stays too.

Bramble, Moore, Gooch and Bernard gone...............thats the deadwood out of the way.

Incoming sounds like Ben Haim, Campbell and Lloyd Samuel to replace them at little cost. Babayaro can stay as back up so all we really need in defence is a decent right back. Youngsters like Taylor, Huntingdon and Edgar will only improve beside the likes of Campbell. I wouldnt mind offering 3 million to Sheffield United for Jagelika as well.

If we got Sidwell in to the midfield at no extra cost, that is an added bonus.

Add Viduka up front and we have strengthen ed the squad throughout without spending much money at all. Of course, it would be a huge bonus if Owen stays too.

I have to say if Jlloyd Samuel is coming in then I hope it as a squad player, Babayaro gets booted and we buy a starting left back...

Samuel and Babayaro as our left back options doesn't fill me with much hope

Glad he is gone! Now we just have to find a good replacement who can play beside Taylor and help him improve even further!

Campbell next to Taylor would be great imo.

All we need to do now is get rid of Babayaro and Carr, Both are shite and both on high wages but 1 day at a time im very happy Bramble and Co are gone. It really does feel like a start of a new era.

Rac

I dont think there is much options in the left back position. I always thought JLS wasnt a bad player and he probably just needs a change of club to get his career on track.

Other alternatives may prove to be too costly in the likes of Bridge, Baines and Shorey, proven left backs within the premiership.

Guest gggg
I have to say if Jlloyd Samuel is coming in then I hope it as a squad player, Babayaro gets booted and we buy a starting left back...

Samuel and Babayaro as our left back options doesn't fill me with much hope

Seconded. Samuels third choice left back at Villa ffs

Rac

I dont think there is much options in the left back position. I always thought JLS wasnt a bad player and he probably just needs a change of club to get his career on track.

Other alternatives may prove to be too costly in the likes of Bridge, Baines and Shorey, proven left backs within the premiership.

Well, one of the big positives of Big Sam's appointment is his ability to spot a bargain signing - as much as we might want one of the three players you mention I trust Sam to be able to find quality players wherever they may be hiding.

Frankly I'd be more excited by someone from the Uzbeki league than someone I know to be shit...

Guest Brewcastle

If Bramble agreed a new contract then I'd have kept him as well but not as first choice. Sam might have been able to increase his confidence and improve his concentration. Still relatively young for a central defender.

Agree! -But if supporters would continue mob Bramble (and give him the nerve) he would never stabilize in NUFC. So I guess it's best for him to move on. Good luck to him! :thup: