5 released

Dokko

Guest stjamestoon

im fairly sad moore has gone!

Why, do you like players who are injured more than 50% of the time?

Nah  i like fairly good defenders, and to what we had, he was fairly good, fair enough he had injuries but what player in our squad doesnt'?

Check his stats. He was injured more than he was fit.

As for Sib, he can leave too if we replace him with someone like Viduka.

I am not disputing that, but check our stats, so were alot of our players...emre...duff...owen etc... I am just saying i think he was one of our better defenders!

True, but why would you want to keep an injury prone player who's contract was coming to an end? I'm sure Allardyce can find someone at least as good to replace him with the wages he'll save. Moore was probably on decent wages considering we got him on a free.

I agree ;)

The man's a genius, he has gained cult hero status after only 24hrs.

I think this move shows that the club wants to progress and that it's not just a place for job's for the boys.

Also, why do people hate Lee CLark so much, until yesterday he was probably the most qualified coach at the club. just because he was an ex-player who was given a coaching role does not mean he wasn't qualified or a bad coach, I bet most people would be happy to see Gary Speed here as a coach.

Guest nufc_geordie

Lee Clark I would allow to stay in a coaching capacity with the reserves/ first team if Sam deems him fit. The rest there is no space.

chron today reckons big sol is aiming for a move up here, and rumours are sam is after j lloyd samuel of aston villa and will talk to steve sidwell.

headline says 'four or five' may come in

:clap:

Who will sign Bramble now?  :lol:

Rumour is this morning that it will be Birmingham City.

Oh, PLEASE GOD, please.

you should ask god to send all of YOUR defence minus Mellberg to Brimingham

Take it you haven't seen us play much this season then? Only 5 teams have conceded fewer than us. We've only conceded 14 goals at home all season (and 6 of those were in two matches).

Bouma has been brilliant all season, and Mellberg, Cahill and Laursen (when he plays, which he has lately) have all been excellent. Even Ridgewell did the business (I dont know why MON wants rid). Our problems have been at the other end of the pitch.

In fact, of the abovementioned, I'd suggest Mellberg was the weakest this season. The main problem we've had at the back is that shite RB you sold us, who I'd carry back to Newcastle (Freddy style) given the chance.

chron today reckons big sol is aiming for a move up here, and rumours are sam is after j lloyd samuel of aston villa and will talk to steve sidwell.

There a linkage available?

Bramble and Moore for Ben Haim and Campbell...

*Drools*

There a linkage available?

Bramble and Moore for Ben Haim and Campbell...

*Drools*

the chron site, im sure you know it by now!

;D

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=we-re-in-need-of-4-or-5-players%26method=full%26objectid=19112686%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Can't quite believe Bramble has gone, was beginning to think he'd be one of those who is around forever.

:lol: Yeah - surreal isn't it.

It's insane... It's taken FOUR different football managers to get rid of Titus Bramble. Mad!

:clap:

Who will sign Bramble now?  :lol:

Rumour is this morning that it will be Birmingham City.

Oh, PLEASE GOD, please.

you should ask god to send all of YOUR defence minus Mellberg to Brimingham

Take it you haven't seen us play much this season then? Only 5 teams have conceded fewer than us. We've only conceded 14 goals at home all season.

Bouma has been brilliant all season, and Mellberg, Cahill and Laursen (when he plays, which he has lately) have all been excellent. Even Ridgewell did the business (I dont know why MON wants rid). Our problems have been at the other end of the pitch.

In fact, of the abovementioned, I'd suggest Mellberg was the weakest this season. The main problem we've had at the back is that shite RB you sold us, who I'd carry back to Newcastle (Freddy style) given the chance.

I was gutted when Bouma started out like Titus #2 cos i'd been singing his praises but he's definately picked it up. He's a solid defender who can hit the ball fucking hard... babayaro swap?

They're all very similar in that they're a bunch of solid defenders, no stunning footballers but they've done the job. Mind you, I would've thought your problems would be in your midfield really and their creativity? Its not like ive studied villa mind you I could be completely wrong - and davis on the wing is a no-no.    Sibierski swap?

thought Moore was ok (slow, but positionally), but not really committed (he wants to return to Australia, right?).

Srnicek was nice for nostaligia reasons only ... prefer sucess to nostaligia myself...

bramble - shame, in a way, at times he was superb ... but he had all the chances he needed...

Bernard - again a shame, I was positive when he was (re)signed... but he never even made it to the bench (right?) so, waste of money...

Onweyu - no great loss, not good enough...

overall, good start, good days work.. now lets be as quick bringing in some (quality) replacements, and the positive vibe might remain ...

Take it you haven't seen us play much this season then? Only 5 teams have conceded fewer than us. We've only conceded 14 goals at home all season (and 6 of those were in two matches).

In fact, of the abovementioned, I'd suggest Mellberg was the weakest this season. The main problem we've had at the back is that s**** RB you sold us, who I'd carry back to Newcastle (Freddy style) given the chance.

Not saying I agree or disgree on your defence but going by goals conceded doesn't always tell the whole story.  Newcastle have only conceded 6 more then Villa, only 8 teams have conceded less then Newcastle this season.  But I can safely say that our back four is absolutely shit, Taylor is the only player out of them fit to wear a Newcastle shirt.

In fact, of the abovementioned, I'd suggest Mellberg was the weakest this season. The main problem we've had at the back is that s**** RB you sold us, who I'd carry back to Newcastle (Freddy style) given the chance.

Not saying I agree or disgree on your defence but going by goals conceded doesn't always tell the whole story.  Newcastle have only conceded 6 more then Villa, only 8 teams have conceded less then Newcastle this season.  But I can safely say that our back four is absolutely shit, Taylor is the only player out of them fit to wear a Newcastle shirt.

I would include solano in that seen as I really don't think he is a full 90 minute player anymore on the wing, also on their day and if nutured properly i think some of the youngens (particularly edgar for me) may come good.

Guest WalkervilleMag

gudjohnsen, Campbell, Ben Haim ,  Figo, Baines would do fo a start, few others aswell. As big Sam says, you dont always need big stars have a good team.  gudjohnsen, Campbell big names,  Figo maybe past his best, but so was Djorkieff,Jay Jay,  ect at bolton.

South American market could be ripe for cheap pickings aswell,  maybe find a new solano

They're all very similar in that they're a bunch of solid defenders, no stunning footballers but they've done the job. Mind you, I would've thought your problems would be in your midfield really and their creativity? Its not like ive studied villa mind you I could be completely wrong - and davis on the wing is a no-no.    Sibierski swap?

I think Laursen since coming back from injury has been excellent. Cahil will play for England one day soon, too.

Our problem is in midfield, true. We need a holding midfielder, and a creative one (Berger has been having an indian summer, but won't last much longer).

On the bright side, now we've started to see how well Ashley Young can cross a ball, I don't think we need James Milner back (i say that from a 'now you won't want to sell him' angle, not a 'not good enough' one, I've said loads of times on here I'd have loved him back, quality prospect).

Oh, and we need a goalscorer too, too early to rely on Luke Moore and Gabby, although they're brilliant prospects.

True enough, but trust me, our defence hasnt been the problem. Bar the dreadful Aaron Hughes - second appearance in a while on Saturday, at fault for one of their goals, typical Hughes style, stands off his man far too long, gives him space, realises he can't catch up with him, sticks a leg out way too late.

the reason we didnt concede THAT many, is because teams would score a goal and know we weren't going to bother ourselves to get back into the game. wonder how many times we were beaten by the odd goal in the last couple of seasons