5 released

Dokko

I do hope Big Sam has Tal Ben-Haim all tied up.

Kinky.

Noo! I meant tying him down to a contract!

Whatever floats your boat.

Given our already limited squad size, we'd have to bring in around 9-10 faces this summer if we want to push on from this season's finish IMO.

All this 'oh it's a breath of fresh air' stuff.

Anyone seriously think at least 4 of those wouldn't have gone under Roeder? Srnicek, Bramble and Moore were already out of the door, and I doubt both of Titus and Gooch would have made the cut, and quite possibly neither.

Still, it is a good sign. Wonder what he makes of Ramage?

Anyone seriously think at least 4 of those wouldn't have gone under Roeder? Srnicek, Bramble and Moore were already out of the door, and I doubt both of Titus and Gooch would have made the cut, and quite possibly neither.

Agree, Sam probably even asked Roeder for advice.

This news really made my day, out with the stinking crap and in with the replacements a.s.a.p  :clap:

Now just 2 more players to be kicked out before I'm super duper satisfied :razz:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3601/gallery3copyfb3.jpg

4-5 isn't really that many when you see how small our squad was BEFORE we released 5 today!

I thought it was 4 or 5 on top of we we get rid of

It does say that.

Sorry reading it at work isn't always the best :D

I've only been a fan for three years, and I've only been a member of this board for several months, but this is the most optimistic I've ever seen this place. This is also the first time I've actually trusted the manager. It's mid May, and I already find myself waiting impatiently for the next season.

God damn, he was shitty, but I just can't help feeling bad for the guy. He always had that pitiful face after he shit the bed. He was here so many years that I'm surprised that compilation was that short.

Guest JamesD

I've only been a fan for three years, and I've only been a member of this board for several months, but this is the most optimistic I've ever seen this place. This is also the first time I've actually trusted the manager. It's mid May, and I already find myself waiting impatiently for the next season.

i'm in a sort of similar situation. I started following the toon at the end of the season with finished 5th, and of course robson only lasted a few games into the next season, and we then got souness and roeder.  I am really looking forward to a good, orginized side.

I'm not sure how much it was Sam's decision to release these 5, obviously he had a final say by I certainly think he would have been heavily influenced by the advice of certain people already at the club, especially when it came to Gooch.

Off all the managers currently in the Prem, I'd have imagined Sam stood the best chance of turning Bramble into a decent self-confident player.

Still, seems like Sam also recognises you can't polish a turd.

Off all the managers currently in the Prem, I'd have imagined Sam stood the best chance of turning Bramble into a decent self-confident player.

Spot on.

How much was that quintet costing us a month? £80k?  :jesuswept:

Its been an absolutely brilliant couple of days to be a Newcastle fan. Remember all of the doom and gloom a week or so ago. Now we've got a quality manager and we've got rid of a few clowns and its given all massive hope blueyes.gif

People need to realize that Bramble will never be a quality defender. He has the physical attributes, but he doesn't have the mental ones and he will never have them. Its fair to say he will have his best two games of the season against us next season, but who gives a shit?

Its fair to say he will have his best two games of the season against us next season, but who gives a shit?

Doubt it. I reckon he'll end up playing in the SPL.

Spot on.

How much was that quintet costing us a month? £80k?  :jesuswept:

A month?! More like a week, between them.

Guest mishka17

pleased to see bramble and company going out. someone can say that realising 5 players from our thin squad isn't a good idea. from these 5 we mostly used only bramble-bernard had a paid holidays in doctors office, moore injured aswell, played some, but with no impression; pav-know his role at the club, gooch-had a shot in the club, few games-didn't work out...and finally titus bramble...i even don't wanna write about him.... so, in sum up, it's similiar to souness clear out. he realised mcclen, hughes and few others. the good point is that he removed total unnecessary players from our club, too old or too weak. hope he will further reorganise our defence in near futher and won't sign shite players like boumsong

Maybe young enough to be educated properly

Maybe young enough to be educated properly

He's 24 this year, hardly a spring chicken.