5 released

Dokko

Guest sittingontheball

Bramble has had loads of chances and blown them.

He might have turned out a bit better had he played alongside an experienced defender for an extended period, but he didn't.

I suppose he could have asked for a transfer if playing alongside Boum, AOB, and Ramage really bothered him.

Looks like we're in for a busy summer....

Bramble needs new start and now he can have one.

He has been here far too long making his famous mistakes.

He was too inconsistent and that was his big problem.

Still better then the shit Ramage though

Good luck bear

mackems.gif

He was a joke - that's why when he tried too hard to show the world he wasn't...well, it still showed.

But in the spirit of the thread I will say:

Thank you Titus Bramble.

Thank you for making Newcastle the butt of many a jokes for the past few years.

Thank you for making my support for the club I love the subject of ridicule from peers, family and whoever else knew I was a Newcastle supporter.

And, the list goes on...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Sunderland-chasing-dumped-Moore/2007/05/16/1178995238640.html

Don't know how reliable the source is, but apparently the mackems want Craig Moore.

The Sydney Morning Herald is a broadsheet rather than a tabloid - read into that what you will (though the Sydney Murdoch tabloid has as its chief football writer a very talented and well-connected journo Dave Davutovic)

I've said all along I don't believe Moore is coming home - I know Queensland media whore manager Frank Farina has said he would like to sign Moore but that he is looking at options in Europe. Queensland already have "stars" Danny Tiatto, Damien Mori and Spase Dilevski - the chances of them fitting Moore under the tiny salary cap afforded Australian clubs is (in my opinion) non-existent

Moore lining up for the mackems should make a lot of people on this board happy though! :lol:

Guest TheOrder

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Sunderland-chasing-dumped-Moore/2007/05/16/1178995238640.html

Don't know how reliable the source is, but apparently the mackems want Craig Moore.

The Sydney Morning Herald is a broadsheet rather than a tabloid - read into that what you will (though the Sydney Murdoch tabloid has as its chief football writer a very talented and well-connected journo Dave Davutovic)

I've said all along I don't believe Moore is coming home - I know Queensland media whore manager Frank Farina has said he would like to sign Moore but that he is looking at options in Europe. Queensland already have "stars" Danny Tiatto, Damien Mori and Spase Dilevski - the chances of them fitting Moore under the tiny salary cap afforded Australian clubs is (in my opinion) non-existent

Moore lining up for the mackems should make a lot of people on this board happy though! :lol:

Aye, cos he's wank :)

Guest SwissMagpie

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2006/01/11/gallery3.jpg

So now just two left..........Baba andCarr

You do not read/listen to Australian articles/analysis about football. They're wank, most of the sbs crew are clueless as well.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2006/01/11/gallery3.jpg

So now just two left..........Baba andCarr

This is the only thing I'm worried about, I think our need for fullbacks is greater than our need for CBs, and we should have replaced Baba and Carr first up. As long as we get the players in though I suppose it's OK.

You do not read/listen to Australian articles/analysis about football. They're wank, most of the sbs crew are clueless as well.

Fair call - old timer writers like Micailef (sp?) and Desira are know-nothing wankers, and Andrew Orsati has got to be the biggest shit-for-brains to ever have a microphone placed in front of him. Ex players aren't much better - Craig Foster and Robbie Slater aren't much chop as pundits.

That said, they're not all terrible - Davutovic knows his shit, and for a guy who couldn't get a job in England Simon Hill is a diamond amongst dross

Feels odd this. If you asked me a month ago how I'd feel if we released Bramble I'd have been delighted. Now he's actually gone I've got a tiny tiny bit of sympathy for him. True, he made a ridiculous number of mental errors but was unfortunate in as much as virtually every error resulted in a goal conceded. Very rarely did we get away with it when he fucked up. Also feel that the media picked up on this and he became the symbol of 'the shaky Newcastle defence'. Which was slightly unfair imo.  We conceded some horrible goals but not that many to justify the abuse they got from pundits who fucking pilloried them at every available opportunity.

However, they're history and probably rightly so. Although can't see why some are giving Gooch such a hard time. Can't really judge a player on a handful of games especially when he's been thrown straight in at the deep end. But it's a moot point anyway - they're gone. Wish them the best but won't be shedding any tears for them. Here's hoping to replacing them with better. I've got faith in the big man.  :)

The only reason they haven't gone yet is because they still have time on their contracts.......... have faith.

Yep, I think you're right - I just hope Carr & Baba (if they stay) are only considered back-up and we get some decent FBs in. Also, are there enough players available to build a whole defence this summer? I hope so.

Carr and Babayaro have absolutely no chance of lasting here and thats not just down to their limited ability. Does anyone really think they will get through one of Big Sam's training and fitness sessions?  :lol:

It's a strange feeling that next season we won't see Bramble wearing the black and white top...Shame he couldn't displace the image stuck on people's mind that he is a sh*t defender...He has some great games...Absolutely amazing games...But also had many more games where he would be playing well and all of a sudden his concetration lost for 5 seconds and bang...Goal against us...

Would Bramble be the highest goal scorer for us as a defender ?

Shame Bernard couldn't be resurrected...

I also think Ramage is worse than Bramble...

It's a strange feeling that next season we won't see Bramble wearing the black and white top...Shame he couldn't displace the image stuck on people's mind that he is a sh*t defender...He has some great games...Absolutely amazing games...But also had many more games where he would be playing well and all of a sudden his concetration lost for 5 seconds and bang...Goal against us...

Would Bramble be the highest goal scorer for us as a defender ?

Shame Bernard couldn't be resurrected...

I also think Ramage is worse than Bramble...

Ramage is definitely worse than Bramble. At least Bramble has some attrivbutes!

Allardyce said: "It's important we recruit the best players possible and make sure we are not always looking for the big names all the time, as Newcastle have done in the past.

"There are very talented players outside this country who want to prove themselves in the Premiership."

Think that was said yesterday actually but the next bit...

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd said he was ready to back Allardyce's recruitment drive, although he would not commit himself on the level of funding for it.

Shepherd said: "I think four or five players would be the top end of what we would try and get to resolve some of the problems that happened last year.

"There are obviously some resources there to bolster the squad.

"You have never heard any manager at Newcastle saying we have never backed them."

I hope he never said any of this, he wasn't doing public speaking yesterday due to fractured rib, I'm going to assume it's still bad and these are rehashed quotes and soundbites.

4-5 isn't really that many when you see how small our squad was BEFORE we released 5 today!

Suppose if the 4/5 are good quality with good injury histories it would be just enough.