5 released

Dokko

Strange feeling, cant believe Titus is gone, he has been quite a staple at this club, good or bad for so long. Ive stuck up for him, Ive ripped into him, but now I will wish him all the best for his future.

I believe he quite easily could have been given a new short term contract and become a squad player, but thats not what it is about.

Its a new regime, a new start and unfortunately for Bramble, the scapegoat and focus of all our undoings over the past years since he arrived, has been him. Its a bench mark, its the first step in irradicating the problems.

Worse players will stay, but removing Bramble is like taking off the dodgy defence name tag. Enjoy the South coast weather and wave to Sol Campbell on the train going the opposite way.

Guest johnson293

NUFC.com using the Bramble release as another chance to have a dig at Allardyce?

Confirmation from the club came on Wednesday that a back five of Pavel Srnicek, Olivier Bernard, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble and loanee Oguchi Onyewu had all now left United.

Four of those departures come as no surprise but the Bramble exit was less predictable.

A large number of Newcastle fans will be pleased to see the back of Titus after his countless number of cock-ups which have cost us games.

However, whose decision was it for Bramble to go? All we can assume is that his exit was well underway before Sam Allardyce arrived, or even before Glenn Roeder "resigned".

Big Sam announced on Tuesday that "everyone starts with a clean slate" so if it was his decision (and he was at York races on Wednesday) then what did Titus do to blot his copybook in less than 24 hours?

Perhaps the boos of the Blackburn game had persuaded the player to go but that seems unlikely given the regime change.

Whatever, a 25-year old potential England defender (on his day he could be superb) that cost us £4.5m has walked away for nowt.

If Allardyce's psychological expertise is all it's cracked up to be then surely he could have cured Bramble's concentration problems? Or at least had one more go.

A rotten bit of management by whoever was responsible....

3 different managers and coaching teams (including the latter being a pair of former centre halves) haven't been able to help Titus erradicate the concentration lapses and mistakes, so why do they think Allardyce and a Psychologist may be able to??

And as for him going for nowt - who seriously has offered us any money for him over the last 4/5 years???

MJ

Strange feeling, cant believe Titus is gone, he has been quite a staple at this club, good or bad for so long. Ive stuck up for him, Ive ripped into him, but now I will wish him all the best for his future.

I believe he quite easily could have been given a new short term contract and become a squad player, but thats not what it is about.

Its a new regime, a new start and unfortunately for Bramble, the scapegoat and focus of all our undoings over the past years since he arrived, has been him. Its a bench mark, its the first step in irradicating the problems.

Worse players will stay, but removing Bramble is like taking off the dodgy defence name tag. Enjoy the South coast weather and wave to Sol Campbell on the train going the opposite way.

nah, Babayaro won't last.

NUFC.com using the Bramble release as another chance to have a dig at Allardyce?

Confirmation from the club came on Wednesday that a back five of Pavel Srnicek, Olivier Bernard, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble and loanee Oguchi Onyewu had all now left United.

Four of those departures come as no surprise but the Bramble exit was less predictable.

A large number of Newcastle fans will be pleased to see the back of Titus after his countless number of cock-ups which have cost us games.

However, whose decision was it for Bramble to go? All we can assume is that his exit was well underway before Sam Allardyce arrived, or even before Glenn Roeder "resigned".

Big Sam announced on Tuesday that "everyone starts with a clean slate" so if it was his decision (and he was at York races on Wednesday) then what did Titus do to blot his copybook in less than 24 hours?

Perhaps the boos of the Blackburn game had persuaded the player to go but that seems unlikely given the regime change.

Whatever, a 25-year old potential England defender (on his day he could be superb) that cost us £4.5m has walked away for nowt.

If Allardyce's psychological expertise is all it's cracked up to be then surely he could have cured Bramble's concentration problems? Or at least had one more go.

A rotten bit of management by whoever was responsible....

3 different managers and coaching teams (including the latter being a pair of former centre halves) haven't been able to help Titus erradicate the concentration lapses and mistakes, so why do they think Allardyce and a Psychologist may be able to??

And as for him going for nowt - who seriously has offered us any money for him over the last 4/5 years???

MJ

You just cant win can you, he gets slated so much and people demand him out yet when he goes its a rotten peice of management, sad sly dig at big sam

What this does do is open up a pile of money for wages. Bramble and Moore were probably on decent money, Bernard, Srnicek and Gooch (I'm not going to learn how to spell his last name now) much less. However I don't think this is the actual clear out, this is getting rid of players who's contracts were up.

The real clear out will be selling players he doesn't want or who don't want to be here, hopefully for decent money and I can't think of a single player who I can't imagine him selling. Some (Given, Parker, Owen, Martins) might be sold because they'd bring in really good money and cut the wages, others might be sold because we just want shot of them.

Actually, that's not quite true. I reckon Nicky Butt is probably safe as houses and quite possibly our next captain.

nah, Babayaro won't last.

Ramage?

Actually, that's not quite true. I reckon Nicky Butt is probably safe as houses and quite possibly our next captain.

Not sure about that. He's quite small, and managers like Wenger, Mourinho and Allardyce have usually gone for the Viera type in the holding MF role.

Not sure about that. He's quite small, and managers like Wenger, Mourinho and Allardyce have usually gone for the Viera type in the holding MF role.

The thing about having a player like Butt (who appears to have got his shit together very nicely after his spell at Birmingham, when he was utterly awful) in the squad is that he might not be the star performer, and he might not be the kind of player other clubs will covet, but if you get rid of him, you find it really, really hard to find a suitable replacement, and they invariably cost a lot of money.

The thing about having a player like Butt (who appears to have got his s*** together very nicely after his spell at Birmingham, when he was utterly awful) in the squad is that he might not be the star performer, and he might not be the kind of player other clubs will covet, but if you get rid of him, you find it really, really hard to find a suitable replacement, and they invariably cost a lot of money.

I can't really think of a small defensive MF player who costs a lot of money.

Guest smoggeordie

Just saw Pav in Tescos on Acorn road. I shook his hand said cheers etc and asked what the craic was, he said that Shepherd said that they weren't renewing his playing contract but he was told to go on holiday and come back a week before pre season because he could potentially be staying at the club in some capacity.

Guest smoggeordie

"Something that had to be done in my point of view" - the words of Allardyce on Newcastle World.

.cock is down this morning :lol: