5 released

Dokko

Guest NUFCnutter

I am over the moon at this. Shows that Sam is not going to take any shite. Bramble tried hard, but just wasnt good enough. Its a shame he never developed into the promising player he looked like he could have been but these things happen. The biggest problem was that he was given a season or two too long to try and convince everyone. Well done Sam....

Guest Knightrider

I don't rate the Villa lad that highly but if he were to sign, I'd trust Big Sam to use him correctly and to the best of his ability and even get a bit extra out of him. I.e. to do a good job whether that be as stand in during injuries and or suspension or until we have the funds to buy alternatives and this is across the board for other positions too. The Villa lad could be to Newcastle what Gardner is to Bolton, not particularly great but effective within the Big Sam system.

Anyway, we can't safely predict anything at the moment as regards to incoming players so I'm gonna take each rumour that sees a player linked with a pinch of salt until otherwise.

Also, lets not forget this Villa player was linked to Bolton so is easy copy for the rags... just like being linked with the Nolans, Anelkas etc. will be.

Guest TheOrder

I don't rate the Villa lad that highly but if he were to sign, I'd trust Big Sam to use him correctly and to the best of his ability and even get a bit extra out of him. I.e. to do a good job whether that be as stand in during injuries and or suspension or until we have the funds to buy alternatives and this is across the board for other positions too. The Villa lad could be to Newcastle what Gardner is to Bolton, not particularly great but effective within the Big Sam system.

Anyway, we can't safely predict anything at the moment as regards to incoming players so I'm gonna take each rumour that sees a player linked with a pinch of salt until otherwise.

Also, lets not forget this Villa player was linked to Bolton so is easy copy for the rags... just like being linked with the Nolans, Anelkas etc. will be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/%5BFFi%5DRemusLupin/nolans.jpg

Guest Knightrider

I don't get it?

Check Google.

Got it now, feel daft as I've heard of the Nolans and the bit in bold should have giving it away :D

I've given him a slagging on here before (several times today, in fact), but the thing with Samuel is he actually does have talent. He had one superb season down here, then seemed to get distracted (clearly having bagged his first proper money contract, I suspect), started losing concentration during matches (that sounds a bit familiar, i suspect), and then started moaning a little too much for my liking.

However, there's no doubt he can do it IF his mind is in the right place. I suspect Allardyce might be able to get it out of him, but for now, I'd prefer him off our wage bill, MON has clearly decided he's got no future there. A change of scene may help him.

FWIW, i also suspect that it is just lazy journalism, as Bolton have been linked with him on and off for ages, and he's available on a Bosman....

Guest Knightrider

I've given him a slagging on here before (several times today, in fact), but the thing with Samuel is he actually does have talent. He had one superb season down here, then seemed to get distracted (clearly having bagged his first proper money contract, I suspect), started losing concentration during matches (that sounds a bit familiar, i suspect), and then started moaning a little too much for my liking.

However, there's no doubt he can do it IF his mind is in the right place. I suspect Allardyce might be able to get it out of him, but for now, I'd prefer him off our wage bill, MON has clearly decided he's got no future there. A change of scene may help him.

FWIW, i also suspect that it is just lazy journalism, as Bolton have been linked with him on and off for ages, and he's available on a Bosman....

I remember when he first came onto the scene and looked very promising and I've seen him have some good games for you where I've sat up and thought "he looks good" but over the years he hasn't impressed.

Guest Knightrider

http://www.greatpretenders.co.uk/nolans300.jpg

Come on HTT, dont try claiming your not old enough.

EDIT: Ok, so I'm too slow, but its my first time trying to add a pic

I'm only 27 man so they probably were before my time.

Was Samuel the one with the clothes with 'Pretty boyz' embroidered on them or something on that MTV Cribs guff?

Sub-Dyer wanker tbh.

Worse than that, it was "Sweet boy" and his girlfriend was "Sweet girl". They had it embroidered on about 200 pairs of trainers each. He also had it graffitied on his games room wall.

Read an article the other day about Gordon Cowans (now, he was a decent player) who now runs our youth academy having seen Jloyd roll up last week in his brand new baby bentley, and shake his head and mutter to the press about him just summing up your average footballer.

At his best Titus is a very good defender and you see that level 4 or 5 times a season but at his worst he's a fucking liability and has cost us countless goals and points.Glad he's gone but wish he could cut out his lapses of concentration and he'd be worth a fortune.

the majority on here despise him, but i'd like to say thanks Titus, hope you go to another club with a decent manager and a decent central defensive partner and show the world what you're capable of.

his attiude may have been questionable in his first 2 seasons but he put that behind him and I feel a lot of his costly mistakes were a direct result of being TOO assertive, trying too hard to show the world he wasn't the joke of a defender they had labled him as

good luck, thanks for your efforts, you're a better defender than some of the shit we'll no doubt have to play at some point next season