Want Diouf?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's natural for fans to do that. He wears our colours now, people hope for the best. Given his limited time here people are giving him the benefit of the doubt (if there is any... :lol:) just now.

people are stating his Road To Damascus conversion as fact, which i think is setting us up for a fall, is all i'm geting at.

Touché. Until he fucks up here though I think he's worth the faith, I rate him as a player.

As a player he's always been decent (bar the yellow cards, natch). If he can develop as he is supposed to be able to, he'll be a bargain. If not, it'll have been worth a try. But it's naive of us to trot out the "he's changed/he's not as bad as [insert bad boy player name here]" just because he plays for us.

Support the team, support the players, support the club. But be honest. That's just the way i like to do my football.

Guest exilim

He will disrupt the harmony of the current squad so no thanks. Furthermore, i don't see him as a player that puts in everything for the team like barton or smith.

think diouf would be great signing replacing dyer, already knows formations allardyce uses, immersed in the dietary requirements set out, has great quality at set pieces think he has improved immensely under allardyce at Bolton.  would be a huge asset at st james especially in home games were i expect us to have alot high percentage of the play in the final third than previous seasons.

Guest exilim

He will disrupt the harmony of the current squad so no thanks. Furthermore, i don't see him as a player that puts in everything for the team like barton or smith.

or parker?

If you think he's the only player in the world that doesnt disrupt the team's harmony yet gives his best then okay.

"There are no more players left in this country anymore, i will start looking abroad"

how does he disrupt harmony? he is one of the most popular figures in the bolton dressing room dont confuse how the opposition fans/players see him to that of his teammates, read various interviews and see clips on sky from Nolan etc.. saying diouf is the joker in the squad and an extremely popular figure sure trotter if he shows his face on the board after the weekend will agree.

Diouf is one of the few players I wouldn't want here. He is a totla cunt and has proved it time and time again. WOuld never want to see him in a Newcastle shirt.

Barton?

I see your point, but I think where the difference is is that Diouf's a cunt on the pitch; diving, cheating and spitting. A large proportion of football fans don't care too much about what they don't see on a saturday afternoon(/ saturday morning/evening/sunday morning/friday afternoon etc.) so long as it doesn't hinder the team's progress.

Diouf is one of the few players I wouldn't want here. He is a totla cunt and has proved it time and time again. WOuld never want to see him in a Newcastle shirt.

Barton?

I see your point, but I think where the difference is is that Diouf's a cunt on the pitch; diving, cheating and spitting. A large proportion of football fans don't care too much about what they don't see on a saturday afternoon(/ saturday morning/evening/sunday morning/friday afternoon etc.) so long as it doesn't hinder the team's progress.

Diouf doesn't seem to be a cunt off the field though, so maybe that evens it up?

In the end though, what does matter is that they have to contribute on the field, and both of them (Barton and Diouf) do. Wouldn't mind Diouf here at all.

Guest elbee909

I do think Diouf has cleaned up his act in recent times, no sign of spitting or diving.  No more diving than any of our own players anyway.

Guest Darth Toon

If we're losing Dyer and Luque, as seems likely, then I reckon he would be a decent shout.

No worries about his attitude for me - Sam has shown he can handle him.

Diouf would add a bit of pace, which we need as only really Martins has that explosive pace you need somewhere up front in your team, particularly out wide. Owen's quick too, but does his best work in the penalty box.

If Dyer and Solano go, I'd be contented with Diouf.

I'd think there are better options out there though, all things considered.