Want Diouf?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I imagine a lot of the people who wouldn't have Diouf are fine with having Barton then?  FFS.

Right...this isn't a moral issue, personally I am concerned whether Djiouf is good enough to play for a side trying to break into the top 4 in this league. He always strikes me as a player with more nuisance value than end product. Could be wrong though, I don't get to see much football other than Newcastle.

Is he good enough for Newcastle United? I think not personally

been one of Bolton's best players, on par or possibly better than what we have adding more strength and depth to the team I say if he doesnt cost the world go for him.

we cant buy a team equivalent to 11 ronaldo's or tevez's

Guest Kenton Magpie

been one of Bolton's best players, on par or possibly better than what we have adding more strength and depth to the team I say if he doesnt cost the world go for him.

good enough for Bolton I agree, but for Newcastle United I am not convinced, he will die a death if he signs and fails to hit the net often if we happen to buy him as a striker which is something i feel he is not capable of doing here!

good enough for Bolton I agree, but for Newcastle United I am not convinced, he will die a death if he signs and fails to hit the net often if we happen to buy him as a striker which is something i feel he is not capable of doing here!

he would not be brought in as a striker. Replacement for Luque??? back up for the midfield? works well in SA's known "systems" seen as he has played under SA.

I really don't know if he is right or not for the side we have presently but none of us know where we are going with the team except chairman and manager and when you look at the toon side of the last 2 season then players like diouf under a poor system and a bad manager= fish out of water? square pegs into round holes?

I just have this blinded faith that whatever SA signs its for a reason and is at the very least a calculated risk.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Back up for the midfield! Do you believe a player of Dioufs mental capabilities is going to settle fot a place in the team followed by the odd week or two on the bench Sam or no Sam?

Back up for the midfield! Do you believe a player of Dioufs mental capabilities is going to settle fot a place in the team followed by the odd week or two on the bench Sam or no Sam?

every "big" club operates on a rotation system so he would have to and like i said it really depends on the formation SA plays as to wether he (all in theory of course) would be a bench player or a starter. Certainly loosing luque for the season and probably forever and with duff out till worse case xmas has made the left side midfield a bit short for the start of season but we have milner that can play left also emre, and the Zog so I really dont see the need in signing him. However if we did it would be under a plan and for reasons that would suit the manager it isnt like SA is not aware of what he is in for if he brought him in.

Well if he wants to move on from Bolton and step up he wont find it much different at any other club much bigger than bolton.

A move might be in the offing but not until the defence is sorted, like I said earlier it wouldnt suprise me to see us get someone like Diouf/Giuly that can cover Duff/Viduka for the start of the season. Will we not be missing Martins for after xmas for the african nations?

Well if he wants to move on from Bolton and step up he wont find it much different at any other club much bigger than bolton.

A move might be in the offing but not until the defence is sorted, like I said earlier it wouldnt suprise me to see us get someone like Diouf/Giuly that can cover Duff/Viduka for the start of the season. Will we not be missing Martins for after xmas for the african nations?

I keep hoping that martins will piss off the national coach enough to not play but yes he will be off to the african nations for up to a month.

Throw in the fact:

-Carroll looks to be (should be) getting loaned out.

-who knows where Owen will be, if he doesnt go this summer, more than likely will in January.

-we wont really want Viduka starting every game at his age.

-and shola is shola.

-Injuries (Sam and his team should get this sorted, but this is Newcastle United)

an extra utility player might well be usefull.

Depending on all those situations, I wouldnt be suprised to see an extra body in upfront, (loan or permanent) ONCE we have sorted the defence.

If he came in, he'd improve the team. That's all I'm interested in.

Sick of hearing about the choirboys we play at the minute. The bloke can play and will make us a better team. Aye, he's a cunt but we've been an easy touch for years now  - especially away from home. Would love to see us play with a bit of a snarl and some aggression. Too much of a soft touch for years now. Get the bloke in.  :thup:

If he came in, he'd improve the team. That's all I'm interested in.

Sick of hearing about the choirboys we play at the minute. The bloke can play and will make us a better team. Aye, he's a cunt but we've been an easy touch for years now  - especially away from home. Would love to see us play with a bit of a snarl and some aggression. Too much of a soft touch for years now. Get the bloke in.  :thup:

when your playing a team of midgets with no direction running round like lemmings and you take the 50,000 home fans screaming you on I think going away must be like sending them off the cliff.

totally agree having a dirty player with skill is not a bad thing as long as its not aragant bastards who recon they are bigger than the club ie bellamy

Guest Knightrider

He's an excellent player and you can see why he's had so much success under Sam at Bolton because his attributes were ideal for Bolton; Diouf being an outlet who can operate across a full forward line from left to right in transitional stages of a game which like Chelsea, Bolton's game hinged on under Sam. He's quick, can carry the ball, is a hard working team player and draws fouls and markers away from space. I'd love him here if I'm honest. Although his character isn't the best and ideally, we'd sign a similar effective player without the attitude, but the fact he knows Sam and Sam knows him, is a proven Premiership performer, is still quite young and wouldn't exactly cost a bomb, he'd be hard to turn down.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont like him much,in particular his attitude but I think he got the talents and that is what I only care about.If we can get him here,that would be good.

• 1 month later...
Guest elbee909

BUMP.

Diouf is supposedly unsettled - wouldn't surprise me if Sammy Lee doesn't know what to say to him.  I'd have him here.  Might be a bit of an arse but that apparently doesn't matter nowadays, made a difference when he came on too.

Diouf:

"I just want to get everything clear in my head."

"I want to talk with the chairman and the manager because I want everything to be clear.

"If the manager tells me he has confidence in me, I do well. If I don't see that, I don't think I can stay.

"Right now as I talk, this is my crowd and this is my club.

"I don't know tomorrow, it is another day. Maybe tomorrow I go.

"Of course I was disappointed not to be on at the start (against Newcastle). I am a footballer and I want to play every game.

"This is my crowd and everybody loves me here - that is why I want to play against Newcastle and every time there is a game.

"They decided I wasn't playing, though, and that was it.

"I respect the boss and his decision and I am here for the time."

Guest elbee909

Diouf is one of the few players I wouldn't want here. He is a totla cunt and has proved it time and time again. WOuld never want to see him in a Newcastle shirt.

As opposed to Saint Barton?  I'd rather have a cunt with obvious talent on our side than on the opposition's.

Guest elbee909

1 game not playing and he's already threatening to leave, and people are wanting him here!

Fuk off.

:lol:

He doesn't want to work under Sammy Lee, think that's all that's unsaid here.  Wasn't the 'price on the ticket' and all that. :)

I think, if we bought him for the left wing, he'd be far more effective than anything we have there right now!

Just Zoggy seems to switch off alot down the left flank and is very sloppy at times, Milners more effective down the right, and Father Ted needs to pull his finger out and perform for once!

Can't see Gartside actually sanctioning the deal in the first place anyway!

1 game not playing and he's already threatening to leave, and people are wanting him here!

Fuk off.

:lol:

He doesn't want to work under Sammy Lee, think that's all that's unsaid here.  Wasn't the 'price on the ticket' and all that. :)

He was never going to work under him, as he usually operates about 3 feet above sammy lee as it is!

I would definately want him, he might be prick, but he is class player. And works perfectly with Allardyce. Funny how many of Bolton's biggest stars want almost desperately out now.

With Dyer and possibly Luque leaving, we could really have use for him.