What will Big Sam do with Luque?

Guest NUFCrichard

Guest NUFCrichard

Has anyone heard anything about what Big Sam plans to do with Luque? 

I always felt that Roeder had a bit of a vendetta against him and didn't mind him failing.

For the amount we'd get for him I think he's worth keeping, hopefully Sam can get more from him than Roeder did!

Guest johnson293

Would like to see if Sam can get the best out of him...

Agree - unlike Bramble who has had loads of chances, Luque hasn't had anywhere near the same sort of opportunities, be it due to injury, or simply lack of selection.

If he was only going to PSV on loan, then I think we should try and keep him till January at least, and see Sam can get anything out of him.

Guest johnson293

Get rid of the fucker hopefully  :thup:

Take it this is another "sam allardyce is the only manager in the world who can turn a mediocre player into the worlds finest" thread?  :lol:

No, but he hardly got adequate chances to show what he could do under the previous management (s), did he?

And under Souness he was Injured most of the time.

Even in the midst of the injury crisis, Luque struggled to make the bench under Roeder!!!

I'd love Luque to come good for us next season. BUT wake up its not going to happen even if he did stay he's not cut out for the premiership exactly like Viana and Marcelino before him.

As I said in the other post he won't even get introduced to Sam as when he returns for preseason training it will be with PSV. The loan deal was agreed before Roeder was sacked.

Besides, in Duff we have a better player in his position.

Yeah right and he has shown us this when?

If Luque deserves another chance surely someone who has proven they can be quality in this league deserves another chance or is Damian Duff just not foreign sounding enough to excite?

Duff could actually benefit a lot from Allardyce being at the club, still think he's past his best though.

Depends whether Luque wants to stay I reckon. If he does then maybe Sam can get something from him. If not, I'll lose no sleep when he leaves.

Guest Stephen927

His current deal runs out in 2010 I think, so hopefully we'll have a look at him, especially if his time at PSV goes well.

Luque sums up Newcastle United's transfer dealings in the past few seasons, overpriced, nothing special and signed without decent scouting.

Has anyone heard anything about what Big Sam plans to do with Luque? 

I always felt that Roeder had a bit of a vendetta against him and didn't mind him failing.

For the amount we'd get for him I think he's worth keeping, hopefully Sam can get more from him than Roeder did!

:idiot2: mackems.gif

Allardyce has been brought in because he's got many qualities. One of his best qualities is his ability to get players producing on the park. Whether they are toe-rags or short of cofidence - Sam gets them going again. We'd be mad not to let him have a go at turning Luque into a Premier League player. He may not actually do it but it's got to be worth a try before we write off another £9m and give the lad away for next to nothing.

Surely we've learned our lesson after Viana?

Would love to see Luque given a fair chance at it. If he fails at least we will know rather than wondering what might have been. If he leaves now and proves to be a decent player elsewhere I'd be really pissed off

I think Allardyce is willing to give Luque another chance because he said everyone will get his chance and everyone will have clean start.

But i think that Luque doesnt want to be here at all even if we have new manager.

I will be very surprised if he stays with us next season.