Bale signs for Spurs

Guest Darth Toon

Guest kingdawson

Now for Barnes, Petrov and possibly a back-up sriker should Defoe leave and were sorted :celb:.

Petrov?

Yep Martin Petrov the Athletico winger. Gem of a player.

I just heard on a message board but will make it out like I know someone..........

£6m now, £1m for next 3 years plus 2m if we get in Champions league in next 2 years plus sell on!

A lot of money but best I could negotiate.

FYQIP

?

I assume Martin given the problems on their left side.

Really hope we get Barnes, couldn't give a fuck about Bale.

Barnes would be a good signing, would add a bit of height to our midget team.

i just hope if we did try an go for him we aint held over a barrell when it comes to the fee

Guest kingdawson

Now for Barnes, Petrov and possibly a back-up striker should Defoe leave and were sorted... :celb:.

........to finish 5th yet again. Plateaued out tbh.  :lol:

hmmm probably but we shall still march on :coolsmiley:

Love how some people think he's the finished article already and that he'll be great at Spurs just because he was good in a few games for a lower league team (Chopra anyone?).

The guy is a prospect, that's all. Hardly see how hes going to make Tottenham a top 4 team.

Guest Triglett

Love how some people think he's the finished article already and that he'll be great at Spurs just because he was good in a few games for a lower league team (Chopra anyone?).

The guy is a prospect, that's all. Hardly see how hes going to make Tottenham a top 4 team.

I don't think anyone sees him as a finished article. It's exciting because there's so much more to come from him, and he is already an exciting player. He's only 17 FFS.

I agree though, we do need to target more experienced players. We can't have half a team of 'potential' players and expect to move anywhere too soon. £8m for 21 year old Kaboul seems a bit steep too.

Exactly, look how many players have looked really good in the premiership for a season then faded away into the background. If this lad didn't score the odd screamer would he get half the hype?

Now for Barnes, Petrov and possibly a back-up striker should Defoe leave and were sorted... :celb:.

Would give a lot to finish fifth.

Would give a lot to finish fifth.

I've seen 6 top 5 finishes in the last ten years or so. Forgive me for being satisfied with 5th.  :rolleyes:

Just pointing it out, that's all. People slate Spurs cos they're Spurs, but they're heads and shoulders above us at the moment. I'd love to be where they were.

Anyhow, good - they can have him. We should go all out for Baines or, maybe, Bridge. That guy seriously, seriously just needs to get out of there.

I didn't say he'd make them a top 4 team individually, although if he does cope with the step up he'll provide a long-term answer to their left-side problems. My main point was this a statement of intent from Tottenham, an ambitious signing, a signal they're not satisfied with 5th place and Uefa Cup football. He's one of the most promising talents in the country and they've done very well to get him; we have some catching up to do.

Now for Barnes, Petrov and possibly a back-up sriker should Defoe leave and were sorted :celb:.

Petrov?

Petrov can be very good on his day, but he's really inconsistent ..

Petrov?

Petrov can be very good on his day, but he's really inconsistent ..

Would be a very savvy move though. Especially with his pal Berbatov already there and having settled in so well it would give him a boost. He would be very encouraged by that and would link up well with Berbatov.

Also a very sly way of encouraging berbatov to stay. Nice stuff by Tottenham.

M. Petrov won't cut it in the Premier League.. although i said the same about Berbatov

Bale on the other hand is a great signing.. it's enough to see him once to realize the boy is something special.. fucking spurs