Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

reluctant to let parker go, would be better used as a DM. But for that kind of money I think we will use it better.

He seems to want out as soon as possible, I dont remember the last time he came out and said anything about the team. Like Cali rightly said, making him captain was his downfall. He simply couldnt take it, Roeder using him the wrong way didnt help either. He will do alot better at West Ham.

Personally from what i have seen of Barton I rate him, all the city fans I know love him. Think £5.5m is steep though, especially considering City want rid of him.

Has run every game I have seen him play in. "Creative as a brick" ? I guess you never watched him play. Fair enough he isnt like you say a big time creative midfielder but he certainly has an eye for a pass or cross, or even shot on goal, as he has proved against us. Bit harsh IMO.

Would be a decent addition to the team, maybe too much of a head case, but id have no concerns Allardyce could contain him. That said before he was a manager you would have though Pearce wouldnt have taken any shit of anyone either.

Guest justin99.

So does anyone want to see how Parker goes under Sam?

Players do have ordinary seasons, but with the right motivation and guidance can improve out of sight.

Guest VegasToon

Newcastle want West Ham's Neill in Parker bid

tribalfooball.com - May 30, 2007

West Ham United may seek to cash in on defender Lucas Neill.

The Daily Mail says the Australian could be included in the Hammers' offer to Newcastle for midfielder Scott Parker.

Newcastle face competition from Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United for the versatile Australia full-back, who joined West Ham in January.

Newcastle want West Ham's Neill in Parker bid

tribalfooball.com - May 30, 2007

West Ham United may seek to cash in on defender Lucas Neill.

The Daily Mail says the Australian could be included in the Hammers' offer to Newcastle for midfielder Scott Parker.

Newcastle face competition from Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United for the versatile Australia full-back, who joined West Ham in January.

no way that  west ham is going to sell him,  plus they are paying him wages way over the odds

Lynchpin of my Proevo team gone now.

And I'll have to change my username.

Bullocks.

That is all

"Joey Barton's fist of fury"

You can have that.

'Smokin' Joey Barton

"Joey Barton's side parting"

Except he doesnt have one.

Joey Barton's nan cuts his hair.

Fact.

Anyone seen the black eye she got for cutting it proper shite?

Ouch! Anoter fact.

8.5M for Parker is great business. Butt had a much better season than Parker - he had a great first season but he was awful at times last year. I'd rather not use the money for Barton & if Sam can he should use it to try & get Nolan.

I'd preffer to keep Parker as if used correctly in a DM role (player of the seson there for us season before last) and NOT a 'Gerrard Role' with Emre being deployed too defensively ala Roeder he'd be fantastic imo. If he really wants out though then reluctantly sell for as much as poss. 8.5m + Tevez  :coolsmiley:

Guest thenorthumbrian

News that we are looking to bring in Lucas Neill as part- ex (sorry if someone else mentioned this as I couldn't be arsed to trawl through all the posts).

Won't miss Parker he was mediocre.

City fans certainly don't seem to rate Barton...

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14573

He's not as good as people think.

They think Parker is better than Barton, in my opinion i'd take Barton anyday.

They've seen a lot more of Barton than you have though, I'm guessing. But with that said, it works both ways, you've no doubt seen a lot more of Parker than they have.

Hard to make a call on this. On account of his attitude and behaviour issues I'd prefer us not to sign Barton, personally.

Would love us to sell Parker and replace him with someone of the calibre of Appiah, for example. Replacing Parker with Barton (in my opinion) would at best be a sideways step.

As you all know there's a lot of water under the bridge with Barton. I've always been of the opinion that a lot of City fans use the BS as a stick to beat his ability with. IMO he's a much better player than a fair chunk of City fans are willing to credit. Plus I think its pretty apparent that many haven't seen much of Scott Parker, as most seem to think he has some level of ability. :idiot2:

Parker for me, is a nothing player. Neither a real DM or a creative attacking one, although he can do a bodge job in either position. Tidy enough but not enough physical presence to boss a match. Barton isn't a player I'd want here really but if SA thinks he can get the best out of him I trust his judgement. It's the sort of thing he gets right more often than wrong.

Guest kingdawson

8.5M for Parker is great business. Butt had a much better season than Parker - he had a great first season but he was awful at times last year. I'd rather not use the money for Barton & if Sam can he should use it to try & get Nolan.

Why would you want to replace him with that joker? tbh Nolan's a key member of my premiership over-rated list which  consists of:

kevin Nolan

Anton Ferdinand

Frank Lampard

Jamie Carragher

Philipe Senderos

Michael Owen

Matt taylor (just makes the list)

Why would you want to replace him with that joker? tbh Nolan's a key member of my premiership over-rated list which  consists of:

kevin Nolan

Anton Ferdinand

Frank Lampard

Jamie Carragher

Philipe Senderos

Michaele Owen

The players you've just mentioned are all in another league to Jermaine Jenas.  I think when he was at Newcastle he was the most oevrrated footballer in Europe.  I think now though the vast majority of people understand how absolutely shite he is.

Parker's performances in first season were utterly awesome(Arsenal game) was one of best i have ever seen not for technical ability but for sheer heart and wllingness to win and say you shall not break us down.  Lost count the number of times i was sat in my seat and the M.O.M was announced Parker, he became a real fans hero, he also seemed to really fall in love with the place ala Rob Lee.

Staggered really I am.  To compare one of the greatest, and certainly most unsung heroes of my time as a toon fan with Parker.  Incredible.  I don't think he at any stage fell in love with the toon, and let's be honest he came for the money.  As for these "utterly awesome" performances in his first season, I must've missed them.  He had a good game against Arsenal, he put his heart and soul in to it, won tackles yes he was decent.  Can you honestly tell me which games he was utterly awesome though.  He was reasonable at the beginning of this season, scoring a few goals running from midfield, which he should be doing the whole time but hasn't been.  "CAPTAIN COURAGEOUS STARTS SEASON OFF WITH A BANG"  I've played football with defensive midfielders who have consistently made better runs than Parker and still managed to play an anchor man role with ease.

Nicky Butt for me over the three years he's been here has produced at least TEN awesome performances, and for me Parker never come near the level of performance Nicky Butt gave on his debut at Boro. 

Newcastle Online isn't the definitive voice of all Newcastle fans, some here you have to remember are your more knowledgable/passionate toon fan in general, than say your man in the street who reads his Chronicle on a Tuesday night with Northern Life on in the background.  It's always appeared to me that Parker bar one or two occasions has almost been above criticism, but because he's Parker the clueless majority have always held him closer to their heart than they have Nicky Butt.

to be honest i dont think we have a choice as i think we lost Parker the moment the minority muppets abused him against SheffUtd 

The same muppets who pay his wages?  Are they not entitled to voice an opinion, when their captain, the heir to Alan Shearer goes hiding against a team no better than Colchester are turning us over at home???  That's what he did, he hid, the guy who is supposed be the inspiration and the example.  He didn't like being told, by his employers he wasn't doing what was expected.  His reaction?  "f*** Off"  Imagine Peter Beardsley, Shearer (granted players who the sun shines out their arse as far as the fans are concerned) coming out with that?  Imagine Batty coming out with that, and he had some bad games?  Imagine it.  No I can't neither.  Roy Keane c*** that he is, criticised the fans more appropriately by telling them with a big of dignity what he thought.  Not Parker "f*** OFF toon fans you don't deserve me".  He doesn't deserve us, and he never deserved that captains armband.

This bid £6.5m/£8.5m.  Whatever it is it's far more than he's worth and I think this could be the fourth massively positive thing that's happened in 4 weeks.  Scott Parker isn't the worst player that's ever played for Newcastle, technically he's not bad, he can have spells of four reasonable games in a row, but the role he's been employed to play in he's simply not capable of fulfilling.  Thank the lord there will be no more pirouette's at St James' (well if Sam's got any sense).  People are saying Joey Barton would be a bad move, him or Kevin Nolan, and argue if you like, are better, more dynamic midfielders than Parker.  The only reason Parker has been above them in the England pecking order is, he's been playing for Newcastle and they've been at City and Bolton. 

£8.5m for a bloke we've NEVER EVER seen striker a ball.  I've never seen him kick the ball ever, and you know what I mean, where you kick through the ball and you get the power from your standing foot leaping, people that play will know what I mean.  Striking the ball is a basic and fundamental technique all professionals have in their locker, he hasn't. He shoots but you know it's going to be s****, because he genuinely can't strike it, and don't give me his goal at Charlton he sliced that anyway, and he didn't kick through it.  All in all the best toon performances over the last two years have been when he's been out of the team, he slows the game down too much, holds on to the ball, and granted doesn't lose it that often, but the results is another man of the match for Parker and another negative result for the toon.  Souness always used to say "Parker is great in the dressing room, he's a man in the dressing room.", it's just a shame he often wasn't on the pitch.

Bye Parker.

you're a f****** joke stevie and you're exactly the sort of fan that is the problem with NUFC

I bet you don't even see the irony of both players coming from Charlton tbh, the god Lee, give me strength

So what is this all about, Vicky? Do you want to point out the incorrect comment(s) in his post?

The kid is a cockney mug, who isn't capable of giving a reasonable counter argument mate.

Guest kingdawson

kevin Nolan

Anton Ferdinand

Frank Lampard

Jamie Carragher

Philipe Senderos

Michaele Owen

The players you've just mentioned are all in another league to Jermaine Jenas.  I think when he was at Newcastle he was the most oevrrated footballer in Europe.  I think now though the vast majority of people understand how absolutely s**** he is.

He might have been shite for you lot (funny he won young player of the year) but he's come on leaps and bounds at spurs. Scores goals and does his bit defensivly. One of our best players last season.

I don't particularly rate Barton and the fact that he's a maniac hardly does him any favours. Don't want him here under any circumstances tbh.

I'd warm to him like I warmed to Bowyer after I was desperate not to sign him, simply because he played for us, but I'd prefer us just to steer well clear.

You were insecure enough not to want us to sign Bowyer on the grounds he was found innocent under a court of law of charges that you (like others) become self righteous about.

He wasn't found innocent in McDonalds at Charlton, nor was he found innocent of taking drugs, nor was he found innocent of a vicious stamp on the head of a Malaga player.

As a player, I didn't think Bowyer was worth the hassle, which turned out to be true since his most memorable act at NUFC is the fight with Dyer. Same stance with Barton, I admit it's possibly a hypocritical one, but more simply a matter of pros and cons. They're both a pair of horrible little scrotes.

Ridiculous post, particularly the last sentence. I'm sure you know the age of Bowyer when the incident happened at McDonalds, so it seems you're the kind of person who holds such a thing against a person for the rest of their life. Thank goodness the people who create English laws and sentencing guidelines don't think the daft way you do. So aye, hypocritical is the word, so I agree with you on that point.

I don't particularly rate Barton and the fact that he's a maniac hardly does him any favours. Don't want him here under any circumstances tbh.

I'd warm to him like I warmed to Bowyer after I was desperate not to sign him, simply because he played for us, but I'd prefer us just to steer well clear.

You were insecure enough not to want us to sign Bowyer on the grounds he was found innocent under a court of law of charges that you (like others) become self righteous about.

He wasn't found innocent in McDonalds at Charlton, nor was he found innocent of taking drugs, nor was he found innocent of a vicious stamp on the head of a Malaga player.

As a player, I didn't think Bowyer was worth the hassle, which turned out to be true since his most memorable act at NUFC is the fight with Dyer. Same stance with Barton, I admit it's possibly a hypocritical one, but more simply a matter of pros and cons. They're both a pair of horrible little scrotes.

Ridiculous post, particularly the last sentence. I'm sure you know the age of Bowyer when the incident happened at McDonalds, so it seems you're the kind of person who holds such a thing against a person for the rest of their life. Thank goodness the people who create English aws and sentencing guidelines don't think the daft way you do. So aye, hypocritical is the word, so I agree with on on that point.

Looks was Sir Les did to the Blue Peter garden!

Thug.