Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Shearer was past it for his last season, wouldn't disagree. But it wasn't his fault that he had to play every single game.

Season before that, 04/05, he did alright - 19 goals wasn't bad for someone who was 'past it'. He should have been used more sparingly in the Premier League, though - but again - he was forced into the side thanks to constant injuries. He himself had a 3-month on the sidelines aswell, if i remember correctly.

Anyhow, Parker has had an utterly fruitless season - we were a better team when he wasn't in it. He didn't pick himself, though. And although it was largely his doing, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of many who fell victim to a s**** managerial set-up.

Would love to see Shearer's goals per minute ratio in the 2004-5 season compared to Kluivert's.

IIRC 7 were in the Prem, the rest against part-time farmers (they only milk the cows in the morning) in the Intertoto and UEFA.

Think Kluivert scored seven goals in the Prem, aswell.

And btw, the Intertoto season was his last season - the one where i agreed that he was past it.

I believe Parker was treated shoddily by a pack of halfwit followers amongst us.

The fact he and Butt could not play together was obvious to all but f*****g Roeder.

Parker played well when not encumbered by Butt and vise versa.

The same shitbags who booed Parker where the same dumbclucks that whined that Shearer was "past it"for his last two seasons.....

To get to Brain-dead Ars*hole level they'd need a promotion.....

Good luck to Scotty - I wish him well, and hope that he finishes high up the league with West Ham - just as long as it's well below us...

Not much truth in this at all.....

Kluivert should have played more, wouldn't disagree there. But by the end of it, he couldn't give a s*** and he was injured half the time anyway.

He should've played more because the Kluivert-Bellamy partnership was class..

But i think any manager in the world would've picked Shearer ahead of him, for the same reason Raul is still the first name on Madrid's team sheet.

Kluivert should have played more, wouldn't disagree there. But by the end of it, he couldn't give a s*** and he was injured half the time anyway.

For not giving a sh*t, he still went and scored in meaningless games against Fulham & Norwich towards the end and from his celebrations it didn't look like he didn't care.

This argument is going off course. :lol:

I said that Shearer was past if for his last season, but it wasn't his fault that he was in the team - simply because there was no one else, only Chopra. That's all true.

I said that he did alright in the season before that, scoring 19 goals IIRC. Most of them were in the cups, but so were Kluivert's. That's true aswell.

Overall point i was trying to make was that he was past it in his last season, but i don't think he was too bad in the season before. Not 'past it' anyway; regardless of the opposition, he was playing in a shite side under a shite manager and he didn't score 19 goals by being 'past it'.

According ot this mornings papers Parker won't be leaving, atleast not yet. Apparently Allardyce is refusing to sell him until he has signed Joey Barton and that could take a few weeks because of the current boardroom situation.

According ot this mornings papers Parker won't be leaving, atleast not yet. Apparently Allardyce is refusing to sell him until he has signed Joey Barton and that could take a few weeks because of the current boardroom situation.

The bingo club are said to be not finalising any transfer until the independent arbitration panel give the result of their findings in a couple of weeks time.  There is increasing speculation in the media that they may still yet be relegated.

What a pile of nonsense the Sheff Utd chairman is talking!  The very basis of there claim for reinstatement is that West Ham should have been docked points which would have meant they'd finish below Sheffield.  Now he's suggesting that the best option would be to add another place in the Premiership so that both West Ham and Sheff Utd can be in! :lol:  Doesn't he realise that if West Ham aren't relegated then there's absolutely no reason for his team to be reinstated?....

Don't get me wrong, I think West Ham should have been relegated which would mean Sheff Utd should have stayed up.  But to suggest adding an extra place to the Premiership just doesn't make any sense.

So has Parker signed for the Hammers yet then? I heard he had but the deal was £7mill now but worth upto £9mill on appearances. We agree'd the deal the only thing keeping it from being done is Parker, holding out for a bigger wage probably.

There has been no official word on this from us or West Ham, so whats holding it up, maybe a player coming the other way, Reo-Coker agreeing terms with us maybe..

What a pile of nonsense the Sheff Utd chairman is talking!  The very basis of there claim for reinstatement is that West Ham should have been docked points which would have meant they'd finish below Sheffield.  Now he's suggesting that the best option would be to add another place in the Premiership so that both West Ham and Sheff Utd can be in! :lol:  Doesn't he realise that if West Ham aren't relegated then there's absolutely no reason for his team to be reinstated?....

Don't get me wrong, I think West Ham should have been relegated which would mean Sheff Utd should have stayed up.  But to suggest adding an extra place to the Premiership just doesn't make any sense.

???

So has Parker signed for the Hammers yet then? I heard he had but the deal was £7mill now but worth upto £9mill on appearances. We agree'd the deal the only thing keeping it from being done is Parker, holding out for a bigger wage probably.

There has been no official word on this from us or West Ham, so whats holding it up, maybe a player coming the other way, Reo-Coker agreeing terms with us maybe..

As said earlier word in the papers is Allardyce won't let him leave until he gets Barton.

???

Check out the link Chez posted.

This argument is going off course. :lol:

I said that Shearer was past if for his last season, but it wasn't his fault that he was in the team - simply because there was no one else, only Chopra. That's all true.

I said that he did alright in the season before that, scoring 19 goals IIRC. Most of them were in the cups, but so were Kluivert's. That's true aswell.

Overall point i was trying to make was that he was past it in his last season, but i don't think he was too bad in the season before. Not 'past it' anyway; regardless of the opposition, he was playing in a s**** side under a s**** manager and he didn't score 19 goals by being 'past it'.

4 goals from open play in the premiership, 4 goals all fucking season!

he had been running on empty since late 2003, and who can forget the fact that he went the whole of 2004 without scoring away from home in the premiership

he was well and truly finished and should never have been offered a 1 year extension

Some fuckwit on the SMB is pissing himself because we've sold who we all consider our best player to west ham ???

Someone who's signed up there find the threads about Parker before we sold him and link the Sugar Puff phobic twats to them, can't be arsed to register mesel.

Some fuckwit on the SMB is pissing himself because we've sold who we all consider our best player to west ham ???

Someone who's signed up there find the threads about Parker before we sold him and link the Sugar Puff phobic twats to them, can't be arsed to register mesel.

I wouldn't bother, they won't listen and will think this is their highlight of the close season.

LEt them enjoy there moment, even though its bollocks because they wont be getting anymore.

just one,all the rest are saying what we say

Barton gets the chance of fresh start at Newcastle

Oliver Kay

Sam Allardyce did not shy away from recruiting players with questionable reputations during his time in charge of Bolton Wanderers and evidently he will not be afraid to do the same at Newcastle United, having lined up Joey Barton as his first signing since taking charge at St James’ Park three weeks ago.

A formal bid to Manchester City is expected today, with the likelihood that the controversial midfield player will jump at the opportunity to fill the void left by Scott Parker’s £8.5 million transfer to West Ham United.

West Ham registered an interest in Barton over the weekend as a fall-back option in case the Parker deal did not go through, but the Newcastle player is understood to have agreed personal terms last night, with a medical examination scheduled today.

Newcastle are expected to make City a formal offer in the region of £5 million for Barton today, but no obstacles are foreseen, with the midfield player eager to move to Tyneside after an unhappy and controversial end to his career at the City of Manchester Stadium

Barton won his first England cap as a substitute in the friendly match against Spain in February, but his excellent form for much of the season was overshadowed by problems off the pitch.

He was arrested in March on suspicion of criminal assault and criminal damage after an alleged argument with a taxi driver in Liverpool, while his City career was effectively ended by a training-ground incident on May 1, when he was alleged to have assaulted Ousmane Dabo, one of his teammates, during a practice match.

City instantly suspended Barton, 24, for the remainder of the season and unofficially made him available for transfer, while Dabo requested that Greater Manchester Police press charges against him.

Having also clashed off the pitch with Richard Dunne, the City captain, and Jamie Tandy, a former reserve-team player, Barton is widely viewed as a player with “baggage”, but Allardyce is clearly more concerned with his ability and attitude on the pitch, which include an insatiable desire for self-improvement.

Since his suspension by City, which extended to being banned from the training ground, Barton is said to have put himself through a punishing fitness regime as he prepares to make the most of any second opportunity afforded to him elsewhere.

Everton were the early favourites to sign Barton, having attempted to buy him in January, while there was also interest from Celtic and Sunderland.

Barton is eager to use any transfer to relaunch a career that is in danger of being overshadowed by negative publicity. “It is disappointing that people have a certain opinion of me,” he said in an interview on Saturday, “but I meet countless people who, in all aspects of my life, will testify: ‘You’re not the person you’re made out to be’.

“At certain times I don’t do myself any favours with incidents, but to make out I’m some kind of yob, some kind of psychopath for want of a better word, is so far from the truth it’s unreal.”

Parker has had two successful seasons with Newcastle, the second as captain, but he was attracted by the idea of returning to his native London and becoming the first of what Alan Curbishley, the West Ham manager, hopes will be several eye-catching summer signings. Curbishley, who previously managed Parker at Charlton Athletic, also has a strong interest in Tim Cahill and Andrew Johnson, the Everton pair.