Italy Francesco Totti

Portugal Luís Figo

Portugal Maniche

Forwards

Argentina Hernán Crespo

France Thierry Henry

Germany Miroslav Klose

Italy Luca Toni

World Cup XI! Whatever next? Don't think anyone is certain he was in the France XI yet. :D

BBC say he was in the France XI and they are pretty reliable

He wasnt even there...

This is the French team of the season XI:

Richert (Sochaux)

Sagna (Auxerre) - Cris (Lyon) - Hilton (Lens) - Abidal (Lyon)

Se.Keita (Lens) - Nasri (Marseille) - F.Malouda (Lyon)

A.Keita (Lille) - Elmander (Toulouse) - Savidan (Valenciennes)

No Rozenhal there.

Reminds me slightly of Onyewu. We signed him, and all of a sudden people thought he was a major player. But lets hope Rozenhal is a major player.

Of course he is better, I didnt compare the players either. I wrote that with him most people thought he was a fantastic signing at once when we bought him. I think it is a bit of the same in this situation. No one has heard of him or seen him play more than once or twice, but yet everyone is sure that he is a major player.

Of course he is better, I didnt compare the players either. I wrote that with him most people thought he was a fantastic signing at once when we bought him. I think it is a bit of the same in this situation. No one has heard of him or seen him play more than once or twice, but yet everyone is sure that he is a major player.

That's a fair point. Although with the Gooch signing I think a lot of people could see he was chosen out of desperation rather than a scouted player. I was very underwhelmed by that signing because it was obvious he was brought in for the sake of it. We had been playing Huntington and Edgar week in week out and were actually missing Ramage, things were that desperate and we had to get someone in, anyone. It was clear Roeder knew very little about Gooch when we took him on loan. Sam has been following Rozehnal since his Bolton days and even tried to sign him in January, so at least here it's a player Sam has probably seen quite a bit of and feels is worth the punt.

I think it was important we made a breakthrough in signing a defender because the longer things went on with just Taylor as our only respectable centre back, clubs would hold us to ransom over the fee knowing we were desperate. Get Rozehnal through the door for a decent fee and clubs hopefully won't piss us about as much. Now we can threaten to walk away on a deal and clubs might actually take us seriously, we'll have a stronger hand in negotiations.

Guest Darth Toon

We had been playing Huntington and Edgar week in week out and were actually missing Ramage, things were that desperate and we had to get someone in, anyone.

I was flicking through the Chronicle's season review last night, and was amazed at how shocking some of the teams we put out were, especially at the back. Brought it home how we really could easily have slipped through the trapdoor as well - looking back, the (unexpected) win over Sheff Utd was a massive result.....

I know we've shifted out more than we've bought in, but I would say our current squad is already stronger than last season's, and with several more additions to come it really does give scope for optimism.

Lets just hope Sam got this one right and he turns out to be a solid CB, I am not talking about a world beater who scores goals too but a solid dependable defender, a player that Taylor can learn off.

New quotes from Rozehnal

Link

David Rozehnal has spoken of his imminent move to Newcastle, with the Czech defender excited by the chance to play at the same club as 'the legendary Alan Shearer'.

The Czech defender is expected to shun interest from Sevilla and sign a four-year deal at St James' Park on Monday when he jets into the North East for a medical.

The Magpies have come to an agreement with Rozehnal's club Paris Saint Germain and the international defender admits he is excited at the prospect of donning the famous black and white stripes.

"It seems that it is very close, so far I have not signed anything though," Rozehnal told Sport. "If nothing special happens, then I will most likely move to Newcastle.

"Certainly [i am happy that Newcastle have won the race]. I take it as an appreciation of my work.

"After the unsuccessful season with PSG I take it as a kind of award and I am glad that it is exactly this club.

"Newcastle have a rich history, great facilities and the club has a great name.

"My dream has always been to play in Spain, Nevertheless, when I was young I used to watch the Premier League as well.

"Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle were all clubs I liked most. I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

"He [Allardyce] was already interested in David when he was coaching Bolton."

Guest sicko2ndbest

New quotes from Rozehnal

Link

David Rozehnal has spoken of his imminent move to Newcastle, with the Czech defender excited by the chance to play at the same club as 'the legendary Alan Shearer'.

The Czech defender is expected to shun interest from Sevilla and sign a four-year deal at St James' Park on Monday when he jets into the North East for a medical.

The Magpies have come to an agreement with Rozehnal's club Paris Saint Germain and the international defender admits he is excited at the prospect of donning the famous black and white stripes.

"It seems that it is very close, so far I have not signed anything though," Rozehnal told Sport. "If nothing special happens, then I will most likely move to Newcastle.

"Certainly [i am happy that Newcastle have won the race]. I take it as an appreciation of my work.

"After the unsuccessful season with PSG I take it as a kind of award and I am glad that it is exactly this club.

"My dream has always been to play in Spain, Nevertheless, when I was young I used to watch the Premier League as well.

"Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle were all clubs I liked most. I remember the legendary Alan Shearer, Newcastle really are a huge club."

Rozehnal's agent Pavel Zika has also explained that Magpies boss Sam Allardyce was central to the player's decision to move to Tyneside.

"The interest of Newcastle has been on a long-term basis and very reputable," said Zika.

Before anyone starts thinking this means 'unless a bigger club comes in', it simply means unless something happens in the medical

Good to hear. He says it was his dream to play in Spain so him coming here is a decent coup especially with Sevilla interested

New quotes from Rozehnal

Link

Before anyone starts thinking this means 'unless a bigger club comes in', it simply means unless something happens in the medical

Good to hear. He says it was his dream to play in Spain so him coming here is a decent coup especially with Sevilla interested

Must admit thats how I read it, glad we are gettin a CB in, although I havent actually got a clue what he's like!

If we get him in we'll have done well to fend off Sevilla as they're in the Champions League next season, have won the UEFA Cup two years on the trot and were still in a position to win the Spanish league on the last day of the season and still have the Spanish Cup Final to play.

New quotes from Rozehnal

Link

Ha.  In a way good to hear a player being honest, instead of "it's always been my dream to play for newcastle" when it's obviously not true.  "Actually, always dreamt of spain tbh.  And if i'm frank, it was always manu and liverpool i liked, but newcastle are good too"

Ha.  In a way good to hear a player being honest, instead of "it's always been my dream to play for newcastle" when it's obviously not true.  "Actually, always dreamt of spain tbh.  And if i'm frank, it was always manu and liverpool i liked, but newcastle are good too"

Don't actually think he said/meant that but I agree with you in general :)

Guest nufc 4 life

cant wait to see him play from what people have been saying, lets hope hes not another boumsong

boumsong cost 8m Rozenhal=3m

not much of a risk tbh especially with Mike Ashleys billions

cant wait to see him play from what people have been saying, lets hope hes not another boumsong

boumsong cost 8m Rozenhal=3m

not much of a risk tbh especially with Mike Ashleys billions

Price of the CB & the cash Mike Ahsleys has have no bearing on Rozza being shite or not.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Czech out new signingJun 24 2007

By The Sunday Sun

Paris St Germain star David Rozehnal's move to Newcastle is set to be completed on Wednesday.

United sources have confirmed that a deal for the Czech defender has been agreed, with Rozehnal saying of his move: "It seems that it is very close. I am glad. Newcastle really are a huge club."

Meanwhile, United are ready to rival Portsmouth and Werder Bremen for Lyon midfielder Alou Diarra.

The 25-year-old Senegal-born French international (below) is available for £5.3 million.

Speaking to a PSG fan he said he can do better than us :lol:

ouch!

Haha. I'm pretty sure when Rozehnal plays in front of our crowd he will change his tune.

TBH, i would rather people said he's too good for us than not good enough.

Guest Darth Toon

TBH, i would rather people said he's too good for us than not good enough.

Aye, good point! Don't recall too many people saying things like that when Boumsong turned up....

and again... under Roeder we never heard things like this...i am so happy