Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest gggg

SSN get things right 95% of the time but it all goes tits up when Willie Mckay gets involved.

No they 'kin dont.

If it's on the ticker it's right just about every time.

SSN's webby reckons after talks here he will go to WHU to have talks, obviously they are going to offer more money and have capital pull so its quite a big possibility he'll sign for them, question is, do we still sell them Parker?

I say yes, and just look elsewhere for his replacement.

Can never quite see what people mean by "capital pull" (etc).  In the years I lived there, I realised that it was - and most people agreed with me - a total sh*t place for anyone to live.  Newcastle, to the contrary, is developing more and more into being "the" place to be.

Guest johnson293

SSN's webby reckons after talks here he will go to WHU to have talks, obviously they are going to offer more money and have capital pull so its quite a big possibility he'll sign for them, question is, do we still sell them Parker?

Its clear West Ham will throw daft money at him - Suppose it reckons whether £££££ is more important to him than owt else.

If he's here at the ground, then the thought of running out to 52,000 fans, etc might sway it.

If McKay has got owt to do with the decision (thinking about his cut), he'll be joining them.

As for Parker, I think he'll still go, regardless of Barton - we just needed Parkers deal to be virtually sealed before we could realistically go for Barton.

If we lose both, I'm sure Sam has other targets.

Can never quite see what people mean by "capital pull" (etc).  In the years I lived there, I realised that it was - and most people agreed with me - a total sh*t place for anyone to live.  Newcastle, to the contrary, is developing more and more into being "the" place to be.

There are a lot more places for footballers to spend their money. Place's we've never heard of and haven't a chance of getting in, lots of shops for the WAG's and also lots of WAG's for the WAG's to wag about with.

I'd rather live in Newcastle, but i'm from here and wouldn't have it any other way, the city is getting better, but whatever we have here, London has ten times the amount of.

Guest TheOrder

There are a lot more places for footballers to spend their money. Place's we've never heard of and haven't a chance of getting in, lots of shops for the WAG's and also lots of WAG's for the WAG's to wag about with.

I'd rather live in Newcastle, but i'm from here and wouldn't have it any other way, the city is getting better, but whatever we have here, London has ten times the amount of.

Ten times the amount of cunts too.

Ten times the amount of cunts too.

:lol:

Goes without saying.

Bottom line here is that Barton has given as clear an indication that he can that he wants to come here. If we can 't secure the signing, it will be through money, and the mess that is currently the takeover.

I'm hoping that he signs as that should give an indication that things are also moving takeover-wise. That & the fact the Ashley has just made a 43 million profit from selling his Adidas shares.

It could become a busy end to the week.

Guest johnson293

Bottom line here is that Barton has given as clear an indication that he can that he wants to come here.

Yep - agree with that - also, it has been widely reported that he was our 'top target' this summer, and we were the first to be linked/make a move fro him, whereas West Ham seem to be 'doing a spurs' and going after any player available, simply because they have money to burn at present.

Hopefully the feeling of being wanted here by Sam will go a long way to making his mind up.

If we can 't secure the signing, it will be through money, and the mess that is currently the takeover.

I disagree with this though.

If he goes to West Ham because of the wages offered, I wont blame anyone at Newcastle. We shouldn't throw rediculous wages at him, just for the sake of it. That is the trap we have fallen into for the last few years - signing players who arguably didn't really want to be here, just because we offered the most money to them.

As I've said on other threads, the takeover shouldn't come into it yet - because Ashley doesn't have control, and hasn't put any money in yet.

Also tring to tie up deals for Viduka Rozentaal and Ben Haim according to chronicle.

As well as being linked with Baines and maybe a new RB with reports suggesting Dyer could play there surely Sam wants another one.

Very busy week.

on man city's official website that he has requested permission to talk to both clubs, now wether he had done that and made up his mind to join us, hence why he is with allardyce or he is yet to speak to west ham is another matter.

Pretty sure he was reported to be talking to us today and west ham tommorow. Sam will be pulling out his dvds and his overhead projecter to convince Barton. Have no fear people, have no fear.

I bet we have acces to more fresh water !

Definitely. While they have their silly little hose pipe bans, we'll always have Kielder Resevoir.

Guest DavB93

Definitely. While they have their silly little hose pipe bans, we'll always have Kielder Resevoir.

Definetely, been down London loads with work and weekends away and their water is crap..

I hope we sign him, but if we don't its not the end of the world. He's going for a good price, but he chooses West Ham it will be because of silly money offered in wages. I know some of our players chose Newcastle because of the money they are on, but Barton is not worth going over the top with when it comes to wages. If West Ham offer something like £70,000 a week, i would rather we let him go there than offering him that sort of money. We could obviously afford to match it, but Barton is too much of a risk signing anyway to be throwing silly money at. Hope we get him though.

sure i read that one of the biggest reasons he wants to leave man city is due to the fact he simply cant go out in liverppol or manchester for getting hassle of opposition fans for his past, cant see how London would change as there are so many teams in the city.  If he comes to us we are a one team  city and if he gets bothered it will be for his autograph more than owt else. Personally think that will be the deciding factor in his decision.

Guest steppa

sure i read that one of the biggest reasons he wants to leave man city is due to the fact he simply cant go out in liverppol or manchester for getting hassle of opposition fans for his past, cant see how London would change as there are so many teams in the city.  If he comes to us we are a one team  city and if he gets bothered it will be for his autograph more than owt else. Personally think that will be the deciding factor in his decision.

I think that he could hide quite easily in London.