Newcastle (don't) chase Giuly

Greg

Guest johnson293

We're already being linked with loads of players - expect that to multiply once the takeover goes through, with the names getting bigger!!

Would be immense if it came off. He'll only be 31 next season, not over the hill whatsoever. More 'experienced' than 'too old'.

Quality player!

------------------------- Butt --------------------------

-------------- Barton --------- Giuly -----------------

Milner ---------------------------------------- Martins

------------------------ Owen -------------------------

:lol: :D :lol: :D

Christ. Our team has the potential to be fucking awesome next season, regardless of this possible deal.

EDIT: Btw, i don't know if that team looks right shape-wise - i've got a small monitor so it looks OK to me. :lol:

yeah, barca used to operate their front three in a triangle with etoo at the top-ronaldinho left and guily right.  using deco/xavi to continually thread balls between left centre half and full back to get guily inbehind for either to score or pull back to etoo.  wouldnt be concerned about his age because he is still lightening fast, if it wasnt for the emergence of messi, think he still would be a regular in barca's team.

Would be immense if it came off. He'll only be 31 next season, not over the hill whatsoever. More 'experienced' than 'too old'.

Quality player!

Christ. Our team has the potential to be fucking awesome next season, regardless of this possible deal.

Where's Viduka?

Quality player!

Where's Viduka?

I know! It's fucking class innit! :lol:

So many options and a damned hard headache for the manager.

It's ace.

Giuly reminds me so much of Marc Overmars and we all know how well he did in the Premiership.  I'd be very happy to see him here.

Spot on. Cant think of any more direct wingers than those two. Giuly would definitely have done well in the premiership in his prime. Dont know if 30 is prime age for winger, but then you look at Giggs...

For a relatively low transfer fee I would have him here in a shot

Guest bluegeordie

Quality player!

Where's Viduka?

Greggs?  ;)

Every team in the prem has the potential to be awesome, lets just wait and see who we sign first.

my translation...think its better than that other one  :coolsmiley:

the directors of Newcastle submitted an offer to Barcelona for the centre midfielder Ludovik Giuly. the player, who is not against it, expressed his desire at keeping the wage that he receives in spain. the club just sold scott parker. the england international agreed contract terms with west ham. the fee of the transfer is 13m euros

Giuly Courts Marseille Move 05/06/07

Barcelona's Ludovic Giuly claims he is the man to replace Bayern Munich-bound Franck Ribery at Marseille.

Ribery is close to joining the German giants, leaving the French club looking for a replacement and Giuly insists he fits the bill as he is out-of-favour at Barca.

Giuly told Radio Monte Carlo: "Like every year, Lyon will buy the best Ligue 1 players, but there are other clubs."

"Marseille will lose Ribery and sign a right-sided attacking player.

"The fact that I am no longer a France international is an asset,"

"My calendar won't be overloaded and I will be permanently available for my club.

"I will study all the offers at the right moment."

Marseille chairman Pape Diouf reacted positively to Giuly's comments.

He said: "That kind of declaration can give us a good idea."

"Giuly is a very good player, recognized at international level.

"He has experience, talent and won the 2006 Champions League with Barcelona."

GIULY VERS NEWCASTLE ?

Les dirigeants de Newcastle ont transmis une offre à leurs homologues de Barcelone pour le transfert du milieu de terrain Ludovic Giuly. Le joueur, qui n'est pas contre, a affirmé vouloir conserver le salaire qu'il perçoit en Espagne. Par ailleurs, le club anglais vient de se séparer de Scott Parker. L'international anglais a accepté les termes d'un contrat avec West Ham. Le montant du transfert est d'environ 13 millions d'euros.

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/ligue-1/2...to1202579.shtml

Giuly vers Newcastle

05/06/2007 - 08:43

Un temps pressenti du côté de Marseille ,l'international francais devrais rejoindre la Premier League et le club de Newcastle qui s'est montré intéressé par l'ancien Monégasque. De plus, Marseille n'aurait pas pu s'aligner sur les prétentions salariales du joueur.

http://www.football.fr/fr/footballfr/cmc/s...stle_23317.html

Do either of those sources have any reliability, btw? Presumably people will know more of Eurosport...

Guest ryanegg

Love The Bloke( well not literally,but his football ability lol) 5'5 I Believe,But Still Would Welcome Him With Open Arms.