Defensive midfielders

bodson

Guest Petay

How about Tomas Sivok, I fully admit I know nothing about other than he was class on football manager for me.  Anyone know more than me?

We could definitely get Lassana Diarra on loan from Chelsea - would calm N'Zogbia down, having his bessie mate here!

I would like to go for Appiah too tbh - him and Emre and Barton - deadly. Tomashek is a good shout too though, as is Yaya Toure.

Flamini is very good player.can play as LB too

I really like Flamini too. He is more of an energizer bunny type of defensive mid that harries the opposition all game. I see him as a bit of a Hargreaves clone, also just as versatile. I would love Flamini and he would be very affordable too.

However, Allardyce does tend to prefer having his defensive midfielders big and strong so I'm not sure if he would consider someone like Flamini.

He is buying out his own contract aparently, and he is very good versatile player.

The kind of thing that is needed here.

technically not the best footballer, but not many DM'ers are he can tackle hard score goals now and again

Snap him up!

I'd go with an experienced battler.

• Appiah: My first pick.
  • Claude Makelele (is he free?) he wasn't appreciated at Real and he's now he's underappreciated at Chelsea. Still class.
  • Gravesen: Should've got him last summer. Still worthwhile.

Who does that Tomaschuk (sp) the Ukraine midfielder play for? He's always looked classy whenever I've seen him. Saw him in the Euro Qualifier versus France a few weeks ago and he did well in midfield.

the "big" club in Ukraine. Cant remember the name...Shaktar something iirc

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Skysports.com reported that Fener might be using Appiah and cash to get Trezeguet from Juventus.  Don't know if he would consider going to NUFC over Juve.

• Claude Makelele (is he free?) he wasn't appreciated at Real and he's now he's underappreciated at Chelsea. Still class.

Why have people STILL not realised Gravesen is not a DM?!

He can't tackle and was Everton's main attacking midfielder for nearly five years.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

He left Juve for Fener in '05.

The article also claims that along with Juve; Schalke and Celtic are also interested in Appiah.

He can't tackle and was Everton's main attacking midfielder for nearly five years.

He is a big skin head, surely he is a DM!?

:razz:

Appiah has been Juves player before and he is often linked with a move back there. But he is also linked with moves to Schalke 04 and Celtic. And we should be able to beat them, dont you think?

I think Christian Poulsen would be the perfect defensive midfielder for the EPL. He would cost a fortune though and we could never get him from Sevilla as they are in the CL this year.

Also Tiago could do well in the role.

Who does that Tomaschuk (sp) the Ukraine midfielder play for? He's always looked classy whenever I've seen him. Saw him in the Euro Qualifier versus France a few weeks ago and he did well in midfield.

Zenit signed him for some massive fee a few months ago, would've been a good signing from what i saw of him.

Manuel Fernandes is the obvious choice, if Ashley wants to invest in the team at some point this is who he should look at first.

Zenit signed him for some massive fee a few months ago, would've been a good signing from what i saw of him.

Manuel Fernandes is the obvious choice, if Ashley wants to invest in the team at some point this is who he should look at first.

:thup:

He is a big skin head, surely he is a DM!?

:razz:

Oh, right. My mistake! :lol: