The summer gets even better! - Pattison hands in transfer request

Leazes1986

A very overated player, he has the work rate but nothing else, nothing more than a fringe player imo and i really hope we get some decent money from him.

Some people would say that 6 starts and 9 sub appearances spread over a couple of seasons was not enough to judge a player on. Some people would argue that he hadn't been given a decent run of games with which to gain consistency and prove himself. Some people might even go as far as to complain that despite only poor to average performances, his lack of games was reason to believe he had been unfairly treat by a manager who discriminated against him.

I guess you're not one of those people.

:lol:

Guest justin99.

I still find it amazing he is an international player for South Africa.

How was he picked? And from what performances?

Suprised he has requested a move given how much clark and the backroom staff love him. At his age he will want to be getting games though, and there is no chance of that happening here next season.

Loan deal would work, selling him would be even better.

he looked attrotious in the first team performances he played this year.  Contributed nothing at all to the team.

Think its safe to say hes never gonna be world class  :p

Cant see him doing as well as thingy at cardiff.

He aint going to make it a the Toon. He needs to move if he is to stand any chance of a long professional career at a decent level & he seems to have realised this. Good Luck to him. I don't think he's one that will come back to haunt us.

You could explain why Viana is highly rated as well as why he couldn't break into top level games, but you couldn't explain Pattison's hype. He's nothing special, no tricks nor visions, and even got no guts to try direct pass. Let him go.

As a LW, where he had to cover last season, he was appalling, down the middle though, he was half-decent. Not nearly good enough, but not nearly as bad as he's made out to be

A very overated player, he has the work rate but nothing else, nothing more than a fringe player imo and i really hope we get some decent money from him.

Some people would say that 6 starts and 9 sub appearances spread over a couple of seasons was not enough to judge a player on. Some people would argue that he hadn't been given a decent run of games with which to gain consistency and prove himself. Some people might even go as far as to complain that despite only poor to average performances, his lack of games was reason to believe he had been unfairly treat by a manager who discriminated against him.

I guess you're not one of those people.

mackems.gif

No great loss, probably seen O'Brien move on and thought he should do the same.

Again good luck to the lad, he's done nowt wrong apart from come into a NUFC squad that was utter chaos, and not be able to make the grade against very difficult circumstances.

Nice sell on clause and off he goes, hope a Championship team snaps him up.

There have been signs of talent there, but mentally he looked very tense and he really needed a run of games to develop some confidence and relax. That's not going to happen here, and I think he's doing the right thing in dropping down a division to get more experience. I wouldn't write him off though, he might well come back as a good Premiership player.

Matty Pattison has handed in a written transfer request at Newcastle United, skysports.com understands.

The South African-born midfielder has made ten first-team appearances for The Magpies and is rated very highly at St James' Park.

However, the 20-year-old feels he needs to move away from Tyneside to look for first-team football.

Pattison has 12-months left on his current deal, but new manager Sam Allardyce will now have to assess whether to keep the youngster or let him leave.

A number of Championship clubs are thought to be keeping close tabs on the situation, should Pattison be allowed to leave.

:lol: Someone wake me up from this f****** dream

:kasper:  :kasper:  :kasper:  :kasper:  :kasper:  :kasper:  :kasper:  :idiot2:  :idiot2:  :idiot2:  :idiot2:  :idiot2:

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Would prob do alight in the Championship.... Still young and will prob get better too, but i do think it's time for him to go... We need better quality players...

Guest Hodgson09

as previously stated make him into glue, he will then be quite useful for sticking things.

Guest newcastle4life

great yesterday at training ground fans were giveing him fingers and tell him to fuc* off calling him a fat cun* lol. maybe thats why hes handed in a request lol

Guest alex

great yesterday at training ground fans were giveing him fingers and tell him to fuc* off calling him a fat cun* lol. maybe thats why hes handed in a request lol

Yeah, that is great. It takes a special kind of person to do that.

Why? Do you think he's all of a sudden going to come back a good player?

Well, that's the general hope with any loaning of youngsters; i reckon that's probably what his thinking is, aye. :lol:

Guest jamesmartinsmith

With the new additions to the squad Patty is not getting a sniff. Probably best for both parties this.

Not good enough really!

Emre, Butt, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Geremi, Barton, the possibility of Edmilson and Jaroslaw Plasil.

He's made a good decision.

Yeah, that is great. It takes a special kind of person to do that.

Not sure what worries me more, the people who did or those who think its great.