Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Would i be wrong to say that our squad isn't a million miles behind Liverpool's? Meh, i suppose there's has got more potential than our's.

Take out Stevie G and Carragher and a few good signings on our part we'd certainly be not too far behind imo.

That and keep ours fit, then no, not far off at all.

But both those players are NT or even Worldclass, we don't have that in mid or defence.

Guest xtinct

SSN saying Spanish reports are that Chelsea have agreed a deal for Alves.

SSN said the fee to be around £24m?!

not sure if it was Euros/pounds/whatever but they deffo said 24m....

32m euros i heard + another 4m euros after appearences. So 24m would be in pounds yes.

remember saying at the start of the summer that we should buy alves... (looks like we would have stood no chance) but FFS!! 24 million quid is just ridiculous. iv seen the lad play many times and yes he's a dcent player but jesus wept! 12 million i wouldv said MAX..

prices are getting out of hand these days. bloody hell

remember saying at the start of the summer that we should buy alves... (looks like we would have stood no chance) but FFS!! 24 million quid is just ridiculous. iv seen the lad play many times and yes he's a dcent player but jesus wept! 12 million i wouldv said MAX..

prices are getting out of hand these days. bloody hell

That and there isn't many QUALITY right backs around these days so it was always going to be inevitable that Alves would cost a bomb, surprised he's being sold, surely seville would want to keep a hold of their best players?

That and there isn't many QUALITY right backs around these days so it was always going to be inevitable that Alves would cost a bomb, surprised he's being sold, surely seville would want to keep a hold of their best players?

id happily acccept 24 million for our best right back..

Ishmael Miller signs for WBA for the season...shortly after signing new 3 year contract with City.

Good move... the lad has been utter wank for 99% of his first team appearances but he was playing out of position on the left wing....and in Stuart Pearce's awful side. Should give him a chance to show if there really is owt in his locker. Doubt it, but you never know.

Cassano has gone to Sampdoria on loan too.

SSN saying Spanish reports are that Chelsea have agreed a deal for Alves.

http://img.skysports.com/07/08/402x210/alvesdaniel_556509.jpg

Is that another player?  :lol:

The head of Vagner Love by the looks of things.