Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

I'd snap their hands off.

Ballack has been piss poor for Chelsea and Robben, although talented, is injury prone and inconsistant.

Jose would need someone lined up but he'd be getting a great deal there IMO.

Agree entirely. Fantastic money for those two.

Everton have bid £11m for Gonzalez from Porto.

I'm dubious.

Although Phil McNulty who wrote the piece on the BBC site is well connected because he used to work at the Liverpool Echo. It was in the Express this morning too.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport4.shtml

COLE MINE SAYS ROY

By Scott Loney

ROY KEANE will move for his ex-Manchester United team-mate Andy Cole in the next 48 hours.

Sport of the World understands Sunderland boss Keane contacted the Portsmouth hitman earlier this week.

But the free transfer was held up as Cole, 35, thrashed out a six-figure pay-off from Pompey.

That has now been resolved and Cole is expecting to sign a one-year deal worth £32,000 a week with the possible option of a further 12 months. The ex-England ace has spent a frustrating year at Fratton Park since his £500,000 switch from Manchester City.

But Keane is convinced Cole can once again form a profitable partnership with Dwight Yorke after their Old Trafford success.

A close friend of Cole's said: "Andrew is quite surprised by Roy's interest but he didn't have to think too long about making a decision.

"He thinks Sunderland are going places."

:o

p.s ignore the bollocks about Martins leaving at the bottom ;)

Was just flicking through the internet and found this...

ROY KEANE will move for his ex-Manchester United team-mate Andy Cole in the next 48 hours. 

Sport of the World understands Sunderland boss Keane contacted the Portsmouth hitman earlier this week.

But the free transfer was held up as Cole, 35, thrashed out a six-figure pay-off from Pompey.

That has now been resolved and Cole is expecting to sign a one-year deal worth £32,000 a week with the possible option of a further 12 months. The ex-England ace has spent a frustrating year at Fratton Park since his £500,000 switch from Manchester City.

But Keane is convinced Cole can once again form a profitable partnership with Dwight Yorke after their Old Trafford success.

A close friend of Cole's said: "Andrew is quite surprised by Roy's interest but he didn't have to think too long about making a decision.

Couldn't help laughing at that last bit ;D

Rumour going round that we're going to be signing Martin Petrov and Manuel Fernandes  :kasper:

Don't normally pay much attention to these things and wouldn't normally post it but the guy who posted has a track record (Called the signing of Geovanni well before anyone had heard of him) and has admitted who is source is (A City reserve team player no-one here would ever have heard of)...plus Fernandes is shit hot so I want it to be true  :laugh:

:whistle:

Guest kingdawson

Rumour going round that we're going to be signing Martin Petrov and Manuel Fernandes  :kasper:

Don't normally pay much attention to these things and wouldn't normally post it but the guy who posted has a track record (Called the signing of Geovanni well before anyone had heard of him) and has admitted who is source is (A City reserve team player no-one here would ever have heard of)...plus Fernandes is s*** hot so I want it to be true  :laugh:

Really wanted petrov at spurs :-[

Don't normally pay much attention to these things and wouldn't normally post it but the guy who posted has a track record (Called the signing of Geovanni well before anyone had heard of him) and has admitted who is source is (A City reserve team player no-one here would ever have heard of)...plus Fernandes is s*** hot so I want it to be true  :laugh:

City obviously offered triple the wages, no way anyone would turn down Spurs for any other reason ;)

City obviously offered triple the wages, no way anyone would turn down Spurs for any other reason ;)

The lad is said to be gutted, apparently.

I'd actually be happy about that deal.  I was dissapointed when Birmingham got him last season.  For me Cole has exactly what Sunderland need.  Experience and a knack for scoring goals.  188 goals in the Premership is a fantastic record.

I'd actually be happy about that deal.  I was dissapointed when Birmingham got him last season.  For me Cole has exactly what Sunderland need.  Experience and a knack for scoring goals.  188 goals in the Premership is a fantastic record.

Indeed it is, but that was quite a long time ago, wasn't it?

I guess it depends how he is going to be used. If as back up for when you need to stick a body up front, then yes it makes sense. If as any more than that then, hmmmmm....

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8004/1018117726c3c5f4ada0mx9.jpg

Mark Bresciano spotted at CoMS yesterday.

Anyone know much about him...? Is he any good? He's rather ominously been referred to as the "Australian Sibierski" by one not-too-impressed Aussie City fan. :kasper: