Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Guest 22bnw

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6934784.stm

Manchester City are set to listen to offers for Danny Mills, Ousmane Dabo and Paul Dickov.

City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has signed eight players since taking over in July and several squad members have become surplus to requirements.

Defender Mills, 30, midfielder Dabo, 30 and striker Dickov, 34, could all be set to leave Eastlands.

BBC Five Live understands Georgios Samaras, Darius Vassell, Ishmael Miller and Kasper Schmeichel may also leave.

Eriksson has added Geovanni, Rolando Bianchi, Gelson Fernandes, Martin Petrov, Javier Garrido, Vedran Corluka, Elano and Valeri Bojinov to his options at the club in his first month in charge.

Joey Barton, Sylvain Distin, Nicky Weaver, Trevor Sinclair, Hatem Trabelsi and Stephen Jordan have left the club in the close season.

Maybe we should sign Dabo  :laugh2:

Isn't Ishmael Millner supposed to be good?

Isn't Ishmael Miller supposed to be good?

:laugh:

No.

I'd like to see us sign Dabo tbh

So would I. But only if instead of giving him a signing on fee, you give him a board with a nail in it.

BBC Ceefax says that Man City could be set to bid £10m for Gordon. He's a top keeper, but not a necessary signing when you already have Isaksson.

We've missed the boat on that one I think. "Set to bid", meh, he's signing for Villa/Sunderland imminently. More likely we'll end up with Livorno's Marco Amelia. ???

BBC Ceefax says that Man City could be set to bid £10m for Gordon. He's a top keeper, but not a necessary signing when you already have Isaksson.

Isaksson is very very average, but the prices talked about for Gordon are mental.

Southampton reject Derby's £5m bid for Kenwyne Jones because it "very substantially undervalues his ability and potential as a Premiership-quality striker in-the-making."

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=8826

Jones has scored 18 goals in 70 games for Southampton. And they wonder why Sven shops abroad.

£5m!!!

Wow. He is a pile of crap too.

Makes Chopra look cheap.

Guest trotter58

And...Georgios Samaras, Ishmael Miller, and Darius Vassell also named. Didn't hear the report personally but I would guess that the other 3 are Matt Mills, Dietmar Hamann, and Kasper Schmiechel.

Ah yes, Dietmar Hamann, didn't he originally sign for us and then leave without playing a single game? How many games did he play for you? We dodged a bullet there! Thanks for the £400,000 by the way!

Isaksson is very very average, but the prices talked about for Gordon are mental.

Good keeper IMO, has impressed me everytime ive seen him espec for Sweden.

Anyone else like me think that a Championship medal is a certainty for West Brom?

Dean Kiely

Paul Robinson

Leon Barnett

Curtis Davies

Miguel Tininho

Carl Hoefkens

Martin Albrechtsen

Zoltan Gera

Robert Koren

Jonathan Greening

Ronnie Wallwork

James Morrison

Kevin Phillips

Sherjill MacDonald

Craig Beattie

Nathan Ellington

If they play in Premiership I think they might just survive relegation.

Sheffield United will take some stopping I reckon. Naysmith, Sharp & Beattie all excellent signings imo.

Agree, but being managed by an idiot negates the above imo.

The idiot has been promoted before.

Sheffield United will take some stopping I reckon. Naysmith, Sharp & Beattie all excellent signings imo.

Agree, but being managed by an idiot negates the above imo.

The idiot has been promoted before.

Absolutely true. Still an idiot though.

Guest Stephen927

showed in glimpses that he can at least be a half decent player. his problem has always been staying fit and sustaining his performances.

probably fair to say the championship is the right level for him.

West Brom had the best team in the championship for years and fucked it up. Now they've sold all their best players they've got no chance.

Sheffield United

Paddy Kenny

Chris Morgan, Matthew Kilgallon, Gary Naysmith

Lee Hendrie, Michael Tonge, Nick Montgomery, Keith Gillespie

Stephen Quinn

James Beattie, Billy Sharp

Rob Hulse, Luton Shelton, Danny Webber, Jon Stead, Christian Nadé

Under Neil Warnock, with detailed plan, a united squad and plenty of effort, the team is relegated courtesy of lack of conentration. It is a talentless (Jagielka, Gillepsie and Shelton excempted) but hardworking squad. Now with Robson in charge, without the detailed planning you wonder if they could punch above their weight? Why do they purchase Beattie for a whopping 4M when they have many decent Championship strikers? Surely Rob Hulse could do better than Beattie? And Shelton? Let him rot in the reserve after some good cameo last season? Bryan Robson, however natural a leader he is, has fallen out with important players in the history of his management. With a large squad I wonder if he could keep the squad united.

My bet is for West Brom, Watford and Charlton to get promoted. Boothroyd has not bought as well as I would think but I still think they could get promoted.