Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Didn't know they signed Billy Sharp.  I reckon he'll score more than Beattie will.

I'd say Beattie'll be one of the best very best in the Championship if he gets his act together.

Sharp needs to settle into a division above, but no doubt the talent is there, Beattie needs to regain some form, together they could be deadly, i think they are coming straight back up if them two stay fit.

50 league goals between the two at least if they play 80% of the games.

Mark Bresciano's move to City collapses. Apparently.

Palermo saying we tried to pay them installments and they're not having it. More likely they're trying a Chiellini and putting the price up - £5.4m now...way more than it was originally reported to be.

Having read what I have about this guy, I must say, I'm absolutely gutted. :tumbleweed:

Manuel Fernandes to sign by Friday. According to Gary Owen on our version of Legends. According to someone who listens to it.

Guest trotter58

Mark Bresciano's move to City collapses. Apparently.

Palermo saying we tried to pay them installments and they're not having it. More likely they're trying a Chiellini and putting the price up - £5.4m now...way more than it was originally reported to be.

Having read what I have about this guy, I must say, I'm absolutely gutted

'Gutted'?! Didn't you see him in the last World Cup?! I thought that Australia had turned up a man short and asked one of the stewards to play!

Mackems sign Craig Gordon.

My love for him being severely tested tbh

Has that been confirmed? ITV text says he's heading down to Villa for talks tomorrow.

A few people on the SMB say they saw him at training today taking photos in the shirt and Sima frequents over there, so I'm guessing that's where he got it from.

Aye, it's been on a local radio in Edinburgh (Apparently the editor knows Gordon really well) and Talksport.

Proper wankfest over there btw, Better than Given according to some, one of the best 5 keepers in the world according to others.

Fantastic deal for the mackems if they've got him. Not that the price matters but put it this way, Gareth Bale cost £10m but Gordon plays in a far more important position is already better and has more potential, average mid table mifielders like Reo Coker and Parker cost 8m, championship players are starting to be bought for £5m.... I don't know why keepers are so undervalued, probably because they don't reach their peak until their 30's but Gordon has 12+ years left in him.

Anyway I think Gordon will get Sunderland more points than all their other signings put together and they've a good chance of staying up.

Fantastic deal for the mackems if they've got him. Not that the price matters but put it this way, Gareth Bale cost £10m but Gordon plays in a far more important position is already better and has more potential, average mid table mifielders like Reo Coker and Parker cost 8m, championship players are starting to be bought for £5m.... I don't know why keepers are so undervalued, probably because they don't reach their peak until their 30's but Gordon has 12+ years left in him.

Anyway I think Gordon will get Sunderland more points than all their other signings put together and they've a good chance of staying up.

Bale did not cost that much, neither did Parker

Guest Triglett

Watford & Charlton showed last year that a good goalkeeper doesn't make any difference at all if there's sh*te in front of them.

Exactly what I was just about to post, and Foster could arguably challenge for a place at Utd. A good goalkeeper shouldn't be a priority for a team in Sunderland's position. What you usually see with the promoted teams is an emphasis on organisation and character. Where they're lacking is quality in outfield positions, particularly up front. £9m would be far better spent on 15 goal a season striker, whoever that may be.

And TBH, I think Bale looks a good bit of business at £5m up front, especially when you see the same club rejecting a similar bid for Kenwyne Jones. Guaranteed to chip in with a sizeable share of goals and assists too. Been looked at as the young best prospect in British football for a while now, and he's only just turned 18 - don't know how Gordon's got more potential in him, however you measure that, for two players in completely different positions. £6.3m for Enrique can hardly be considered a snip.