Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_9441.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=150&hei=150&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Sven-Goran Eriksson has made his foray into the transfer market since arriving at Manchester City by completing the signing of Reggina striker Rolando Bianchi.

The 24-year-old moves to City from the Serie A club for an undisclosed fee, and will wear the number 10 shirt.

Rolando’s career began at Atalanta, and following a spell on loan at Cagliari he was transferred there permanently in 2003.

Two years later he moved to Reggina, where his first season was disrupted by a serious knee injury, sustained in an Under 21 international for Italy.

2006/07 was a much more successful time for Rolando, whose 18 goals played a huge part in the Calabrian club avoiding relegation and saw him become the season’s fourth highest goal scorer in Serie A.

Eriksson is delighted to have the striker on board, and he says: "He scored nearly 20 goals last season in Serie A, which is a lot of goals in such a difficult league. He's young, and I think it's a very important signing because he should have a great future. He's a good footballer as well as a good goal scorer, which is what we need.

"He's very hard working, very strong and he can score - if you can score nearly 20 goals in Serie A and you are not with one of the top clubs like Milan or Juve then you must be talented. It's a good record, and let's hope he continues with it.

"The signing's good because the club has been working very hard, and there will be some more to come in for sure. I hope that the fans will be happy with this first signing, and the rest as well. Then it's up to the player, but I'm very optimistic about Rolando."

Can't say I know much about him but its the right sort of signing for me...good age, no keen on signing "proven" players who are coming to the end of their careers.

And less we forget, Ball signs new contract at City...  :frantic:

:thup:

Guest cfhpantera27

:lol: looks like Northern Ireland are going to be the first International team in the premiership.

Aye, i'd be quite embarrased if I was a Fulham fan.

quite the opposite i'd have said.. :rolleyes:

and surely there as many americans there as there is NI players? could be wrong..

anyway I'd say Sanchez has went after Hughes Davis and Healy as theyve all done the job very well for him over this past year or so.. as for Baird, dunno what thats about :idiot2: ;D

And is also interested in Nery Castillo according to a Swedish newspaper.

Thiago Motta is one player that i would like to see here. It's believed that he can go on a free..

Nowt to do with us, merged.

My bad ;) ...sorry...guess i have been having to many beers tonight. And having one hell of a conversation about the coming season, he's a City fan.

We have made a bet of around £70 about which team will end up best in the PL

And is also interested in Nery Castillo according to a Swedish newspaper.

Thiago Motta is one player that i would like to see here. It's believed that he can go on a free..

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1011/1011270_bianchi_in_bag__now_for_barca_pair.html

I'd take em both. But Nery Castillo would be absolutely awesome. Read elsewhere that he's going to Valencia tho.

We're being linked with so many names tho. The speculation is a bit mental. And the only player we have signed came right out of nowhere and no-one has ever heard of him. Tending to just let most of it pass me by until something more concrete emerges - Or, like with Castillo, the guy is too good no to get excited  :blush:

PS: £70 bet? Hope you weren't planning on buying owt nice  :coolsmiley:

the city fan must be well blocked tonight to take that bet  :D

Well hopefully i will (almost certainly hopefully) make some money back on that bet. Because i lost about the same before last season when we made a bet if NUFC would finish in a top 8 position or not. And i said that they WILL finnish top 8..But they did not  :rant: