Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Oh dear, Poor Keano  :lol:

Thought that would mean Chopra had rejected them, but Chris Baird aint much better. :lol:

Is Lawrie Sanchez just trying to sign the Northern Ireland team?

So the Mackems lose out to Fulham with Baird.

Probably a good thing for them, but again brings us to the fact any decent player decided where to go will join Sunderland just about last. Chopra must of been desperate, well the fee was certainly that.

Oh dear, Poor Keano  :lol:

Thought that would mean Chopra had rejected them, but Chris Baird aint much better. :lol:

Is Lawrie Sanchez just trying to sign the Northern Ireland team?

Maybe Chops will think twice now that he knows he wont line up alongside the mighty Chris Baird.

:lol:

Fulham offered 25 grand more than sunderland! Looks like Big Niall's Big Bucks are not so big. :laugh:

I rather wish they'd signed him actually, they might buy a Premiership standard defender instead.

Fulham offered 25 grand more than sunderland! Looks like Big Niall's Big Bucks are not so big. :laugh:

I rather wish they'd signed him actually, they might buy a Premiership standard defender instead.

He's a right back isn't he? I can think of another Irish right back kicking around the league who would do well for them...

Arsenal have signed Auxerre defender Bacary Sagna for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old, who was in the last France squad, has signed a long-term deal and said: "It is great to be joining Arsenal."

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger told the club's website: "He is a very capable defender and has played consistently well for Auxerre in recent seasons.

"He plays mainly at right back, but can also play along the defence or in midfield. He is strong and quick."

Arsenal have signed Auxerre defender Bacary Sagna for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old, who was in the last France squad, has signed a long-term deal and said: "It is great to be joining Arsenal."

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger told the club's website: "He is a very capable defender and has played consistently well for Auxerre in recent seasons.

"He plays mainly at right back, but can also play along the defence or in midfield. He is strong and quick."

Adding to that, it appears he thinks he will be playing at RB -

"Generally, you played at right back for Auxerre. Is that where you expect to play for Arsenal?

I think so. For four years I have been playing at right back and it is where I feel the most at ease. "

He's Irish, he's a cabbage and potato's kind of man!

That's why he bought sunderland, cos it's full of them