Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Guest Dr. Pongle

That's just shit

What's your previous username, out of interest?

First time I've been on this forum, I read it a lot but post frequently on toontastic.

Ah. What's your username on there then? I use it a lot.

BirkenheadMag

Tuesday's Daily Telegraph mention this in their Heinze article:

"Newcastle have privately played down speculation linking them with Barcelona midfielder Deco and Real Madrid striker Raul, but their interest in Heinze is more concrete."

"Newcastle have privately played down speculation linking them with Barcelona midfielder Deco and Real Madrid striker Raul, but their interest in Heinze is more concrete."

Well, that's not good :( Was akways too good to be true though

Guest Dr. Pongle

We will sign Deco.

We will sign Deco.

What about Baines?

Guest Dr. Pongle

We will sign Deco.

What about Baines?

Wait till the U21 Championships are over man.

Guest Verlaine

Surely that's reaction to the original global superstar article.

Guest Verlaine

Now that's what I call a gracious apology from Verlaine there :lol:

It's difficult for him as he's got a large chunk of humble pie lodged in his throat at the moment. I'll be expecting more from him after he's swallowed it.

:razz:

Lick my scrote. :) :) :) In light of recent non-signings, I'll be expecting an apology from you for getting way ahead of yourself.

Barcelona will want a replacement before selling Deco, so striking a deal with the club will probably hinge on whether they can get Lampard, which I don't think they will. And even if they do get Lampard, Deco would probably travel in the other direction and join up with his old boss Mourinho. Barca clearly aren't too confident they'll get Lampard now, and I doubt Deco is too happy that they've been looking to replace him, hence stories about Barca now offering Deco the vice captaincy to keep him sweet.

Must admit this one is looking dead in the water unless Barca can sign Lampard, Fabregas or someone like that.

I'm not sure Barca need to replace Deco if they get rid of him.  I'm not even sure if he would be in the first team if they had a match tomorrow.

Also, if Chelsea lose Lampard, I'd expect Mourinho to go back to his favoured formation and have Ballack in the Lampard position.  Again, no requirement for Deco.