Aldo Duscher arrives on trial - and promptly leaves?

Nicky

Anyway id love him here, just a class player the clubs that have been chasing him shows his calibre and having him in our team would be excellent, hes not as good as mascherano or makalele but hes better than all the other DMs out there, including Butt.

Vic will no doubt find something wrong.

without question but that's because he's senile.

you don't need to be senile to realise top teams and top managers don't piss around wasting time on free trialists in a transfer window when they have money in their pocket

Silly me...I forgot we are currently treble winners and playing Champions League football. Let's sign Ronaldinho and Tevez then. Plus we need John Terry so tell him to get his bags packed.

text-book reply tbh

worthless

Do you have a point or are you just incapable of making one and following it through?

On a free, 1 years trial, we can't really lose (much anyway) i would definately take him almost a no brainer imo. Butt won't play every game imo and needs competition/cover and its not like we are splashing out 5+ million on top of his wages. Good deal for us and the player.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Apparently Man Utd wanted him a few years back.

Another player from the Spanish League, we know what happens to them ...

They become a key player in the Liverpool midfield?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

They become a key player in the Liverpool midfield?

Regarding us.

Guest eyeball_tickler

No sooner had defensive midfielder Aldo Pedro Duscher  (pictured) arrived on Tyneside, then he was leaving, after failing to impress during a brief trial at the club.

The 28 year-old Argentinean, famous for crocking David Beckham before the 2002 World Cup, struggled with his fitness and Newcastle decline to pursue their interest.

Duscher had appeared at St. James' for his current club Deportivo La Coruna in the Intertoto Cup two seasons ago.

Previously with Sporting Lisbon and Newell's Old Boys, Duscher is available on a free transfer after his Deportivo deal expired.

from .com

Guest Geordiesned

Good. If the lad's not fit enough get rid. We don't want another Olivier Bernard on our hands.

Guest leon b

Me too to be honest but at least it was only a trial and not a permanent signing, he must have been in bad shape to get sent home after one session.

The Depor fans on their forum were saying he has a tendancy to put on weight. He's had injury problems too.

I don't see the point in bringing in dead wood even if there's no fee. Let Racing Santander have him, they're the type of club that have to take a chance on this sort of player.

I hope we keep up the search for another DM mind, Butt won't get us through the season and Emre/Barton would struggle to fill that position.