Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Fraser Forster hints at Newcastle United exit

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

May 16 2011

0Share

Comments (4)

Recommend (1)

FRASER FORSTER has hinted he would like to remain at SPL outfit Celtic next season.

The 23-year-old Newcastle United goalkeeper must return to the club's Benton base in July for the start of pre-season training when Alan Pardew aims to run the rule over him for the first time since taking over as boss.

Pardew will look at Forster in the club's tour of the United States when the battle for the number 1 spot hots up.

One option for United is to loan out Forster again.

Pardew said: "I haven't spoken to Fraser yet but we will focus on the end of the season here and work that out in pre-season."

Forster reflected on his campaign north of the border by saying: “Celtic’s a fantastic club with a fantastic history and with the chance to go and play in Europe.

"This is a chance to go and win stuff.

“So there’s a lot of positives about this club, it’s definitely a team on the up.

"The manager’s been brilliant and everyone in the place is all pushing in the same direction.

“But I’m a Newcastle player at the end of the day.

"So I’ll just see what happens.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/16/forster-hints-at-newcastle-united-exit-72703-28702510/#ixzz1MWU4FZwO

Forster and Krul could both be at Euro 2012, although thats partly because Holland have shit backups and all the English ones keep retiring. But it could definitely happen. Its strange how Forster hasn't even been in the U21s though.

Also, presumably those quotes were given to Scottish media, and not direct to the Chronicle. Total non-story really, wish they didn't try to make something out of nothing all the time.

Just print "Foster happy with SPL season" or something like that - give it the bland headline it deserves.

Another year's loan sounds ideal to me. By the following year I would imagine Harper will move aside and Krul and Forster can fight it out for the no 1 jersey.

It would be better to let Forster fight it out with Harper next season and send Krul on loan. Forster hasn't had a chance with us yet and from what I've seen he seems to be the better prospect. But if we loan him out again next year we'll probaby lose him.

Of our 3 keepers forster has looked the best this season. He's played virtuallyevery game and barely put a foot wrong, andat 23 he's only going to get better.

If he isn't starting, or at least in contention here, then we've dropped a bollock.

It would be better to let Forster fight it out with Harper next season and send Krul on loan. Forster hasn't had a chance with us yet and from what I've seen he seems to be the better prospect. But if we loan him out again next year we'll probaby lose him.

Is Forster unhappy with being loaned out for another year to Celtic? He seems ok with it from what I have read. Krul has made the odd gaffe but he's generally looked pretty solid. It's daft to talk of loaning him out, he'd just ask for a transfer.

Definitely it'll be impossible to keep them both. We'll have to make a decision on the one we rate highest and the other will be sold.

Send Krul out to get a full seasons experience as a number 1 and keep Forster here for a year. Reassess the situation in a years time and sell one of them. Simples.

Yeah, my preferred route for next season would be to bring Forster back and make him #1 from the start, and find a good loan for Krul. We could always bring Harper back if Fraser turns out not to be up to it.

That said, I've never actually seen Forster play so I'm going purely on the fact he's completed a whole season for Celtic.

my plan would be that hopefully the club have been monitoring all our keepers enough to decide on a) which if any are good enough to be regualar starters for us b) if more than one, which one is best.

Whilst I concur with the play one/loan one plan, I think it's very flawed.

Can see one of them turning around and saying "Either play me or sell me". We've danced around the issue for a while now, I think both want a solid conclusion.